Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 12:29 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,793,023 times

Advertisements

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...S2R5woli7J30Fc

Mayor de Blasio and Governor Cuomo joined local leaders to take a stand in support of the Jewish community today after a string of anti-Semitic incidents in and around the city.

The march comes amid a spike in anti-Semitic incidents across the city, including several during Hanukkah.

According to the NYPD, there was 24 percent rise in anti-Semitic incidents in 2019 compared to 2018.

The march took place in the wake of a deadly shooting at a Kosher deli in Jersey City last month, and the stabbing during a Hanukkah party in Monsey, New York.

The march began at 11 a.m. at Foley Square.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 12:59 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,587,330 times
In my opinion, if this was to happen to Mexican or Asian, no march would happen.

Old 01-05-2020, 01:26 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,907,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
In my opinion, if this was to happen to Mexican or Asian, no march would happen.
If an increase in hate crimes happened to whites, and whites marched in protest, the white marchers would be condemned for "white supremacy."

Old 01-05-2020, 01:28 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,032,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...S2R5woli7J30Fc

Mayor de Blasio and Governor Cuomo joined local leaders to take a stand in support of the Jewish community today after a string of anti-Semitic incidents in and around the city.

The march comes amid a spike in anti-Semitic incidents across the city, including several during Hanukkah.

According to the NYPD, there was 24 percent rise in anti-Semitic incidents in 2019 compared to 2018.

The march took place in the wake of a deadly shooting at a Kosher deli in Jersey City last month, and the stabbing during a Hanukkah party in Monsey, New York.

The march began at 11 a.m. at Foley Square.
I’m glad to hear people are coming out in protest. Hate should never be tolerated.

Old 01-05-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
If an increase in hate crimes happened to whites, and whites marched in protest, the white marchers would be condemned for "white supremacy."
You should be ashamed of yourself. I hope you don’t support these attacks. Attacking anyone is wrong.

White Christians are the majority in the nation, many have weapons so attacking white People like this would be met with immediate and violent retaliation.

Old 01-05-2020, 01:35 PM

11,661 posts, read 12,753,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ing-1.12569111

Old 01-05-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I hope you don’t support these attacks. Attacking anyone is wrong.

I agree. But many people seem to think that attacking whites is no big deal.

After "Black Lives Matter," some people responded with "All Lives Matter" -- and they were condemned as racist.

Since you believe that "attacking anyone is wrong," do you also agree that "All Lives Matter" is better than "Black Lives Matter"?

Quote:
White Christians are the majority in the nation, many have weapons so attacking white People like this would be met with immediate and violent retaliation.
You're kidding, right? Did Tessa Majors respond with "immediate and violent retaliation"?

Old 01-05-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I agree. But many people seem to think that attacking whites is no big deal.

After "Black Lives Matter," some people responded with "All Lives Matter" -- and they were condemned as racist.

Since you believe that "attacking anyone is wrong," do you also agree that "All Lives Matter" is better than "Black Lives Matter"?

You're kidding, right? Did Tessa Majors respond with "immediate and violent retaliation"?
Tessa Majors was a single person who was murdered.

Do people from poor neighborhoods enter suburbs to bother them? Absolutely not!

First of all New York’s underclass cannot drive so where they subway doesn’t take them they cannot go. They cannot afford commuter rail tickets either. Suburban police would never let outsiders terrorize communities and lots of suburban types have guns.

You know very well the majority of white Americans are not affected by, and are not concerned about crime in NYC. No threat to them, as most Americans do not live in NYC.

So I’m not kidding. Attacks on the general white population would be met with immediate and violent retaliation.

I’m not a member of BLM.

Put it like this, since all lives matter BLM should be condemning these attacks but they are apparently silent.

So I’m not interested in a movement that ignores violence against other groups.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Tessa Majors was a single person who was murdered.

Do people from poor neighborhoods enter suburbs to bother them? Absolutely not!
Actually, at least in Los Angeles, black and Latino gangs do drive from the hood into rich areas to burgle houses, and occasionally murder the occupants.

And in 2015, the train line extended into Santa Monica, where I live. It's been dubbed the "crime train" because it makes it easier for criminals from poor neighborhoods to come to affluent Santa Monica, to ply their trade. There's been a sharp increase in violent crime ever since the "crime train" opened.

Or does that not count, because people are not coming to "bother" whites, but just to steal from them?

Quote:
So I’m not kidding. Attacks on the general white population would be met with immediate and violent retaliation.

Attacks on white people happen every day, without "immediate and violent retaliation."

Or do you imagine that whites would retaliate violently against someone who bothers them, but do nothing if someone assaults or robs them?

"Oh look, this guy wants to rob me. Better give him my wallet ... oh no, wait, he only spat at me. I'll kill him!"

Old 01-05-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Actually, at least in Los Angeles, black and Latino gangs do drive from the hood into rich areas to burgle houses, and occasionally murder the occupants.

And in 2015, the train line extended into Santa Monica, where I live. It's been dubbed the "crime train" because it makes it easier for criminals from poor neighborhoods to come to affluent Santa Monica, to ply their trade. There's been a sharp increase in violent crime ever since the "crime train" opened.

Or does that not count, because people are not coming to "bother" whites, but just to steal from them?

Attacks on white people happen every day, without "immediate and violent retaliation."

Or do you imagine that whites would retaliate violently against someone who bothers them, but do nothing if someone assaults or robs them?

"Oh look, this guy wants to rob me. Better give him my wallet ... oh no, wait, he only spat at me. I'll kill him!"
Sounds like LA and NYC are full of wimps.

Please give me concrete evidence that this happens to the majority of white Americans.

You cannot because it does not. White men still
Have their balls in the South and most of the West which is geographically most of the country.

Now please drop the pansy talk.

I lived in Alabama for years and most men hunted. Of course these were Confederate flag waving types. If only some of you knew how pathetic you sound.

So you totally have no ability to defend or stand up yourself or find a community to live in that supports you and accepts you? Most white Americans do not deal with this fear and if you were willing to leave gay enclaves you wouldn’t either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City