Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 07:14 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I use hand sanitizers in case I touch my face accidentally with my hands during a workout. What good would gloves do me besides being uncomfortable and slippery.
Opinion:
Outside of New York State gyms are supplied with Wipes at every piece of equipment.
Cleaning prior to and after usage minimizes transmission of all types of disease.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:21 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I use hand sanitizers in case I touch my face accidentally with my hands during a workout. What good would gloves do me besides being uncomfortable and slippery.

Gym gloves are made to INCREASE friction between hands and weights or machines.) If you are wearing disgusting canvas gloves like mine you will think twice before touching youer face.

<A gym buddy once said to me: " You look more like you are doing gardening than working out."> I don't try to look chic at the gym, just some modicum of FIT. I wish I could work out shirtless but that in not a NYC thing.?????

Old 03-11-2020, 07:25 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,771,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
Outside of New York State gyms are supplied with Wipes at every piece of equipment.
Cleaning prior to and after usage minimizes transmission of all types of disease.
We always had wipes, alcohol based sprays & paper towels. Now they've included sanitizers at each station by the equipments. I use everything and so does everybody else, I'm happy to see.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion: Billy's....Lack of Leadership pure and simple.

The best and latest is his subtle attempts ( pay close attention to word trickery ) at blaming POTUS.

When asked about increasing supply of testing kits for New Yorkers.
" We are waiting for Federal Funding, we are waiting for Federal Finding..........we are waiting for Federal Funding.

Here's one better BillyGoat. No trickery involved.............
" The people of New York are waiting for you to step down".

POTUS is very MUCH to blame. His moronic goal is to justify his goofy "feelings" ("I feel we will have a very light infection rate" or "I HEARD there was only one case") caused him to restrict testing: fewer tests, fewer confirmed cases of Covid.
The dangerous idiot seems willing to cause a genocide to prove his "FEELINGS" right.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Gym gloves are made to INCREASE friction between hands and weights or machines.) If you are wearing disgusting canvas gloves like mine you will think twice before touching youer face.

<A gym buddy once said to me: " You look more like you are doing gardening than working out."> I don't try to look chic at the gym, just some modicum of FIT. I wish I could work out shirtless but that in not a NYC thing.?????
Those are great for lifting weights. Not so much when running on the treadmill or on the recumbent bikes, elliptical, etc. I want my hands to breathe and they will sweat doing cardio. I'm getting all uncomfortable just thinking about running with those things on my hands. I see people wear masks while on the treadmill. That just looks so uncomfortable and unsanitary. You know how gross those masks get even when you're just walking around. Blech. I need to be somewhat comfortable when I'm working out.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
POTUS is very MUCH to blame. His moronic goal is to justify his goofy "feelings" ("I feel we will have a very light infection rate" or "I HEARD there was only one case") caused him to restrict testing: fewer tests, fewer confirmed cases of Covid.
The dangerous idiot seems willing to cause a genocide to prove his "FEELINGS" right.
Unless it hits his pocket. And with the economic upheaval this is causing, his "feelings" will start to change.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:38 AM

But what are you touching running on a treadmill? You can use a pencil or a chopstick to set your speed time and angle and then your hands can run free.

I can see your point though. I am primarily a weight lifter and gloves help me avoid hand pain. To me, aerobics are torture to be avoided as much as possible.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
But what are you touching running on a treadmill?
Sometimes I lean against the rail to balance myself while stretching. Sometimes I want to check my heart rate so I place my hands on this heart rate monitor thingie. Also, pencils or a chopstick won't work for moving the controls. You really have to press down hard and I adjust them during my workout while running pretty fast so trying to locate a chopstick or some such instrument will cause me to lose balance. I have to locate and adjust the controls fairly quickly and not look down at them for too long while running.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:03 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,153,341 times
Default Wuhan virus.

The Wuhan Virus outbreak goes against one of the great false beliefs of liberals and progressives, that population density is good for you. Disease spreads quickly through crowded areas. This virus is also showing that maybe cities are not really necessary in the age of high-speed internet connections.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:15 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
The Wuhan Virus outbreak goes against one of the great false beliefs of liberals and progressives, that population density is good for you. Disease spreads quickly through crowded areas. This virus is also showing that maybe cities are not really necessary in the age of high-speed internet connections.
This is inevitable with any major hub you can have mass infections. I've watched a lot of documentary and science the last few days. I think blaming people or try to work around these viral infections is not the long term solution.

It is important for governments around the world to fund research into discovering all viruses that exist out there and work on vaccines for them. We have too much invested in for profit based medical research not enough for the public good.

One of the scientist already sequenced the entire coronavirus in 2014 but he did not have funding to produce a vaccine back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City