Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 10:05 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,751,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
deblasio also hates asians
A million percent, he said as much when he tried to get rid of the blind entry test to specialized high schools because 'too many Asians' were getting accepted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 10:52 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,672,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Very true. We suck it up and can take any amount of punishment you dish out. Bring it on. We won't fight back. We are good at taking punches. Cry babies will never survive. Everybody knows how to push others around but we will be the last ones standing.
I'm very interested in this philosophy and wonder do parents teach kids these principles growing up.

It's a very smart survival strategy.

I am a cry baby and would not survive.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:23 PM

34,175 posts, read 47,398,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
A million percent, he said as much when he tried to get rid of the blind entry test to specialized high schools because 'too many Asians' were getting accepted
Those Vietnamese and Sri Lankans always getting accepted, smh

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-12-2021, 04:02 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,248,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDerp View Post
The media keep spitting out fake news. Shame on all those journalists on cnn, nbc, abc news and all those washington post and buzzfeed woke who never talk about the truth. Only seems like the one news network and newsmax actually speak the truth of what is happening in the US if they do report on it. I bet those left journalists and newscasters attitude surely changes if they or their loved ones get attacked by these people of color? Or like if they are protesting/rioting too close to their houses and police having them removed from the property. Its okay for regular people but not you huh?

Also pushing diversity so much in tv and commercials. Yet it seem like a huge majority of newcasters are people of color. Yet you can't find much asian journalists or newscasters much? Where is the diversity in that huh?

Also i know these crimes has been going on throughout the US. I read mainly its happening in oakland, san francisco and new york. But I also read there are tons of asian gangs in california. Are they doing anything about it? I do know that from watching some youtube videos, in long beach, there are tons of cambodians and their ABZ asian boyz gang is like one of the biggest gangs out there and most dangerous. I literally had no idea about this as i never been to california. I assume none of those people go after Cambodians right since if they do, they probably going to be smoked?

When will Asians on the East Coast do something about it? I'm surprised lot of these attackers family members aren't getting targeted for payback. This would be a complete different tune if this was the other way around. Speaking of that, what is the percentage of asian on poc crime? Like less than half a quarter percent?

I bet if things like this happened to one of the politicians family, they would be singing a whole new tune and change a bunch of things. Yet many Asian celebrities talk about it but aren't talking about the main problem.
Those Asian gangs have always preyed on other Asians. They were never formed to fight other races. The Asian gang warfare during the 70’s - ‘90’s were almost always with other Asian gangs and Asian businesses. They never went after blacks, Latinos, or whites. They were pathetic like that.

If you are waiting for new young Asian gangs to come to your aid, you will be waiting for a very long time because it’s not going to happen.

Old 03-12-2021, 04:37 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,618,522 times
Is this a joke?

Racist comments on social media suffer the wrath of social media.

Random attacks on the street are not preventable unless you have thugs or cops on every train, in every station, and on every street corner. In defund the NYPD era the cops all over isn't happening and things are not that bad to justify Asian street gangs creating turf zones on every street and MTA station.

Nobody is denying there is a rise in anti-Asian attacks or attitudes but calm down with the freaking hyperbole.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:41 PM

5,167 posts, read 5,000,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
As a white person who grew up near Flushing when it was more diverse (meaning less Asians and more non Asians of all races), back in the 80s and early 90s Chinese and Koreans were no joke. I went to Flushing high school for 2 years. The most diverse school in the city at the time and probably ever in history of NYC.

Whites, blacks/hispanics and Asians all had their "rules." While we mostly all got along, we never backed down from one group or another. Back then, Asians had no issues defending themselves against blacks/hispanics or whites for that matter. Maybe it's a generational thing. And most of the tough Asians I knew back then were American born. I can see how mainland foreign born Chinese are more passive as are Koreans.

Word of advice to Asians in NYC. Blacks/Hispanics try to take advantage of you if they see/smell weakness or fear. They almost NEVER will fight one on one, weaponless without a homie to back them up. Just ask old schoolers in this forum about Howard Beach. After that, black folks knew Italians/Irish were no joke and that they could get killed if they messed with the wrong one.

Asians, you need to do the same. I'm not suggesting violence but you need to roll on a few peeps in places like Flushing, Chinatown and Sunset Park to show your strength. Passiveness will get you nowhere. And the NYPD no longer cares about your protection as they view you as the enemy along with black/hispanic hoods who hate cops. This is where your whole wanting to be lumped in with "poc" gets you in trouble with NYPD.

As an Asian, I don't understand why anyone would follow your words and stand up or pick up a fight against black bros/sises...black sises on average are taller, heavier, and more muscular than you average Asian guys. what are your odds of winning a fight/brawl.......

my words of wisdom to my fellow asians are to stay putting your tails between your legs, avoid confronts, look down at your feet when you walk in the streets, wear good quality sneakers when out and about so you can run as fast as you can when situation rises against you...better to stay safe and sound than getting beaten up by a sis who is mad at you...just because you look asian......

Old 03-13-2021, 10:18 AM

360 posts, read 168,614 times
The problem is Asian victims getting gaslit for mentioning any attacks. Especially the ones committed by non-Whites.

This problem is compounded by the fact that many Asians live in Democratic areas - heavily blue and urban. So Asian politicians are forced to play liberal identity politics in order to have even a shot at any power. Any pro-Asian message of support is diluted by BLM/50 genders rainbow coalition/Islamist rights/etc.

Once you move out of NYC and go to red areas like Texas you will see a lot of conservative Asian politicians.

Old 03-13-2021, 10:59 AM

93,785 posts, read 124,493,435 times
^To be honest, i don't think it has anything to do with political alignment. Most immigrants come into the country via areas that are usually more democrat due to location and historical points of entry.

I think the increased focus is due to what has been going on within the past year and is another example of things just being exposed that have always been there.

I also believe that the perps come from a range of backgrounds(same for the Asians in these attacks), as they are occurring across the country: https://www.npr.org/2021/03/11/97559...mbers-indicate

https://www.star-telegram.com/opinio...242027911.html

https://www.voanews.com/usa/race-ame...ajor-us-cities

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...vid-19-racism/

Even here in Syracuse, there was an incident a couple of weeks ago and there have been a couple of incidents at the University. So, this is more complicated and widespread than people may realize.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:42 AM

360 posts, read 168,614 times
"To be honest, i don't think it has anything to do with political alignment. Most immigrants come into the country via areas that are usually more democrat due to location and historical points of entry.

I think the increased focus is due to what has been going on within the past year and is another example of things just being exposed that have always been there."

That's not true at all and another liberal myth.

Texas and Florida are the biggest entry points for immigration. And they are deep red states. This applies not just for Latinos (another liberal myth ) but immigrants from all over the world. For example, Texas has a very large Vietnamese and Indian population.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:53 AM

93,785 posts, read 124,493,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingofconn View Post
"To be honest, i don't think it has anything to do with political alignment. Most immigrants come into the country via areas that are usually more democrat due to location and historical points of entry.

I think the increased focus is due to what has been going on within the past year and is another example of things just being exposed that have always been there."

That's not true at all and another liberal myth.

Texas and Florida are the biggest entry points for immigration. And they are deep red states. This applies not just for Latinos (another liberal myth ) but immigrants from all over the world. For example, Texas has a very large Vietnamese and Indian population.
Again, it doesn't have anything to do with being "liberal" or "conservative".

Historically and usually(key words), it has been states like NY, NJ and CA that have gotten immigrants. Both of those states are due to immigration from nearby countries like Mexico or the Caribbean. Even those states have areas that are viewed as being more "liberal" as well(Miami and Austin say "Hello!").

TX has a substantial Vietnamese population due to refugee resettlement, but CA has more than TX in number and percentage. States like WA and OR are right there in terms of percentage with TX. There are Vietnamese communities in parts of Upstate cities such as Syracuse, Utica, Binghamton and Buffalo as well.

TX is about 10th in Indian percentage, with states such as NY, NJ, IL and CA, among others, ahead of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City