Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2021, 06:15 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,167,812 times

Advertisements

The worlds a big boiling pot of hate and anger now. Too many look for any excuse to lash out. We have women and elderly being attacked in the streets. Rock bottom has a basement and thats were things are at with this sadly. Thats a very deep hole to dig out of. Theres no sugar coating that, no dancing singing Shiny Happy People hoping to change the minds of the haters.

Best defense is to never join them, show support and treat people kindly. Then thats one less person on the side of awful racist douchebags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 08:10 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,738,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Elaine Chao and family are straight asians with roots in nyc. they are wealthy and powerful. they haven't bitched a tiny bit about how bad the anti-asian crime is so I assume that it is still under control. you are probably over alarmed by your source of media on this...suck it up and move on. the hate will dissolve after the china virus gets under control....
I guess being married to Mitch McConnell doesn’t rate mention

Old 03-21-2021, 08:20 AM

927 posts, read 419,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
The worlds a big boiling pot of hate and anger now. Too many look for any excuse to lash out. We have women and elderly being attacked in the streets. Rock bottom has a basement and thats were things are at with this sadly. Thats a very deep hole to dig out of. Theres no sugar coating that, no dancing singing Shiny Happy People hoping to change the minds of the haters.

Best defense is to never join them, show support and treat people kindly. Then thats one less person on the side of awful racist douchebags.
The world? No, no, D. Scott: the multicultural, multiracial Western societies are. Or at least many of them.

This is your societal choices that led to this result of a "big boiling pot of hate and anger".
Other nations made different choices and have a different result.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:36 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,908,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Asians will not fight back, they are occupied being victims. People who have never been victims are on television being victims. Asians are victims, women are victims, blacks are victims ,Jews are victims, hispanics are victims, gays are victims, transvestites are victims. If they are victims it becomes someone else’s job to do something about it. We are obsessed with it. Andrew Cuomo latest victim said he made her feel uncomfortable.
I have no solutions, in fact I fear the problem as much as the solution
You are wrong and right.

Wrong: "Asians are preoccupied being victims."

They actually do not speak out because they do not want to be portrayed as victims.

Right: "Victim culture has gone too far."

Yes, and it needs to stop.

Old 03-21-2021, 11:11 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,780,437 times
The other problem is that people think Asians don't fight back. Well, most of the victims are over 50 years old. Even a white or black man over 50 would have problem fighting back against someone under 30.

Old 03-21-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The other problem is that people think Asians don't fight back. Well, most of the victims are over 50 years old. Even a white or black man over 50 would have problem fighting back against someone under 30.
True. But can you imagine a 60 or 70 years old black person violently attacked by a young white or Asian or Latino?
I know it sounds like fiction, as it is statistically much more likely to be the other way around. But just imagine for a second what would happen... June Washington, age 69, randomly pushed to the ground by John Smith (or John Kim, or Lorenzo Sanchez), hit the pavement, and died - which is exactly what happened to an elderly Thailandese gentleman in San Francisco a few weeks ago.

The media would go absolutely crazy about it.

There is a clear double standard that will almost certainly backfire sooner or later.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:36 AM

6,779 posts, read 3,040,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
- an elderly Thailandese gentleman in San Francisco a few weeks ago.

lol,...it's just 'Thai',..an elderly Thai gentleman,..

Sry,..just wanted to say that,..

Old 03-22-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
lol,...it's just 'Thai',..an elderly Thai gentleman,..

Sry,..just wanted to say that,..
Are you 100% sure than Thailandese is not grammatically correct, too?
I've used both Thai and Thailandese interchangeably with no issues whatsoever.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:21 AM

6,779 posts, read 3,040,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Are you 100% sure than Thailandese is not grammatically correct, too?
I've used both Thai and Thailandese interchangeably with no issues whatsoever.
I'm Thai. and I have never heard it used in the Thai community in my lifetime.
But I am also Born American and went to American schools,...sooooooo,....

It's not out of the question that I could be wrong.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
But I am also Born American and went to American schools,...sooooooo,....

Ok, that probably explains it, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City