Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2021, 05:08 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,503,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
The baby boomers were the first generation that had numerous parents that reached the age of needing nursing homes. Antibiotics, flu vaccines, blood pressure and cholesterol pills -- those things didn't exist for the parents of previous generations.
This is what I dont understand,back then my mother will lock up aspirins and cold medicine,in my younger days,I dont even know there is antibiotics,now it seems everyone is taking some prescription drug?
May be if we all try cooking our own meals,we dont need all the drug !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 07:24 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,148,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
NYPD To Use Plainclothes Asian Officers In New Hate Crime Sting Operation

https://gothamist.com/news/nypd-use-...5e40a-91331958

In Wake Of Violent Bias Attacks, Brooklyn Tech High School Teachers Offer Subway Protection To Asian Students

https://gothamist.com/news/wake-hate...5e40a-91331958

This is what we need overall. The criminals have no fear and lots of confidence. A very bad combo. The plainclothes anti crime units being pulled back was a bad thing.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:29 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,309,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
Hmmmm there’s those brown people attacking Asians again. But I thought black lives mattered? And would pass that on to other people groups?
The one coughing on the Asian driver... Is Asian... I would say most of the attacks have been by Blacks/Latinos, but plenty are from whites also. I've seen quite a few...

Old 03-26-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
The old Chinatown Chinese knew how to defend their neighborhood. But too many of NYC's Chinese-Americans are now afraid to defend their neighborhoods the way that the Italians, Irish and others did. In NYC most attacks on Asian-Americans are perpetrated by African-Americans.
Since you are so sure, provide some stats for attacks by blacks, whites, Latinos, etc. on Asians.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:38 PM

360 posts, read 168,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
NYPD To Use Plainclothes Asian Officers In New Hate Crime Sting Operation

https://gothamist.com/news/nypd-use-...5e40a-91331958

In Wake Of Violent Bias Attacks, Brooklyn Tech High School Teachers Offer Subway Protection To Asian Students

https://gothamist.com/news/wake-hate...5e40a-91331958
The Asian politician in the story is an idiot. Most Asians on the ground welcome police involvement. I know b/c I am one and I LIVE IN CHINATOWN. After all by definition the hate crimes are being committed by OTHER RACES.

Comparisons to 9/11 or Black policing are idiotic and misplaced. If the NYPD sent black cops into Bronx to catch white kkk members that would be a more analogous ( not that there are any within a 1k mile radius).

As a reminder a lot of these attacks involve non Asians coming into Chinatown or other heavily populated Asian neighborhoods and attacking the locals there. It would be like non latinos or blacks showing up in the Bronx or Harlem and beating random people with pipes and bats ( which have happened repeatedly with the Asian victims).

Old 03-26-2021, 08:42 PM

360 posts, read 168,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
The one coughing on the Asian driver... Is Asian... I would say most of the attacks have been by Blacks/Latinos, but plenty are from whites also. I've seen quite a few...
Actually she's been described in numerous sources as black. Looks hispanic Caribbean or arab to my eyes though.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:24 PM

565 posts, read 362,598 times
The Empire State building tonight is yellow in solidarity of the Asian community. So I'm still confused. I thought referring to Asians as yellow was offensive?

I grew up in and around the Flushing area. Have many Asian friends. They all say calling them yellow is indeed racist. In fact if you talk to an actual Chinese immigrant they have no idea what you mean by "people of color." In China, WHERE THEY ACTUALLY COME FROM, people of color doesn't even exist as a term.

So are the lib tards in NYC just out and out racist tonight?

Old 03-26-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingofconn View Post
Actually she's been described in numerous sources as black. Looks hispanic Caribbean or arab to my eyes though.
Well from her name she is clearly Arabic, thus Asian. Then there was the guy from Yemen that stabbed the Asian man. That's the problem. Lots of people assuming the ethnic or racial backgrounds of these people when they too are Asian. Asians are a large diverse group, and they don't all get along. We always hear about black and Latinos attacking Asians, and assume there are no Asian on Asian attacks. There are plenty of them. I don't know if they are racially motivated or not, but I wouldn't rule it out. Could be, could not be.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:40 PM

19,064 posts, read 13,992,119 times
There's no sudden driving force behind a nationwide pandemic of Asian hate. The media wants there to be one, so it's being reported as such. Period, end of story.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-26-2021, 09:49 PM

37,225 posts, read 39,488,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
There's no sudden driving force behind a nationwide pandemic of Asian hate. The media wants there to be one, so it's being reported as such. Period, end of story.

I think given that a registered increase of unprovoked attacks on East Asian people seem to be happening in multiple countries at once, there does seem to be something there aside from the US media. I may be misunderstanding what you're saying though.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 03-26-2021 at 10:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City