Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 03:51 PM

40 posts, read 30,432 times

Advertisements

PDC....what are your impressions of this attack on the bicyclist?

Old 07-29-2008, 04:20 PM

939 posts, read 1,844,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewarmer View Post
PDC....what are your impressions of this attack on the bicyclist?
I don't know that the video shows the whole story. They usually don't. I'd rather wait until all the facts are gathered and a thorough investigation is conducted before I rush to judgment. And before all the critics start jumping on this, yes, I trust the Internal Affairs folks at the NYPD to conduct a complete and thorough investigation. That's their job and they're damn good at it.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:57 PM

175 posts, read 549,753 times
I second pdcnret's comment. You can't see what the bicyclist was doing before being pushed. Some of us think the presumption of innocence and right to a full investigation and fair hearing apply even to police officers. If the guy was innocently riding his bike and was attacked by the officer, I'm sure the officer will be severely disciplined. Let's see what the true facts are.

No matter how this incident comes out, it does not prove the corruptness of the entire NYPD, or the majority of the NYPD, or anything else. It's a single incident.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:26 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,552,262 times
^^^Maybe something did happen before, maybe something not, but the damning police report that the officer filed is clearly different than what the video shows, for the most part. Allegedly the cop stated in his police report that the cyclist crashed into him deliberately. The video clearly shows the cyclist trying to avoid crashing into the officer by veering to his left. That little snippet of the report is pretty much making up people minds that the cop did it just for the hell of it.^^^

Old 07-29-2008, 05:32 PM

175 posts, read 549,753 times
I didn't read the police report, so I don't know what he said. Was he trying to avoid hitting the officer, or was he trying to avoid getting pulled over? I don't know. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't want to convict the guy without a fair hearing.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:37 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
well the NYPD stripped the cop of his badge and gun for now.
all we have to do sit back, grab some popcorn, and see how this all turns out.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-29-2008, 09:26 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
You've spent an awful lot of time telling us how "corrupt" the NYPD is because you have first-hand information and experience. Yet you've not told us about all these troubling experiences. How about you let the rest of us know what you've seen (not the rumors you've heard) that leads you to such conclusions. I think that we should all find it very interesting. And please, be specific.
LOL! Does it really look like I need to prove myself any further? Yes, I have had first hand experiences..not just the rumors...and HELLO- if a lot of the police don't have any shame screwing people over on camera is it really that hard to believe that they can't do it behind the camera? COMMON SENSE! < it goes a longgggggggggggg way.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
I don't know that the video shows the whole story. They usually don't. I'd rather wait until all the facts are gathered and a thorough investigation is conducted before I rush to judgment. And before all the critics start jumping on this, yes, I trust the Internal Affairs folks at the NYPD to conduct a complete and thorough investigation. That's their job and they're damn good at it.
Yep! You keep on trusting them buddy! LOL.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicalguy View Post
If the guy was innocently riding his bike and was attacked by the officer, I'm sure the officer will be severely disciplined. .
Now do you really believe that???? ASk yourself again if you really believe that the police, who supposedly has a bigwig daddy, is REALLY going to be "severely punished". When was the last time a police was severely punished for one of their heinous acts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicalguy View Post
No matter how this incident comes out, it does not prove the corruptness of the entire NYPD, or the majority of the NYPD, or anything else. It's a single incident.

A single incident among a WHOLE lot of other ones...caught on and off of the camera. And I'm not just talking about the NYPD here..I'm talking about many different police forces.

*APPLAUDING YOU FOR THE "BRIGHTEST" COMMENT OF THE YEAR*

Have you ever thought about joining the police force? With a brain like that you might fit in well. :-)

Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,982,826 times
This reminds me of the tasering case with Kelly. All the videos made it seem like it was a horrible thing to do, until you saw the one video where it shows the guy going out of control and the officers calmly telling the guy to stop or he's going to be tasered and he just starts screaming so that's all you hear..

Maybe the police were wrong in this case, or maybe they were right.. we don't know, and we probably won't for a while. I don't see any good reason to ram someone on a bike unless they're carrying some type of weapon or something, which doesn't seem to be the case here. So meh..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City