Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 03:26 AM

2,982 posts, read 1,164,508 times

Advertisements

Did anyone pointed out rudy didn't file the charges it was the cops now the moron Adam say on the daily show the si da should file charges against rudy!!! WTF?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 06:25 AM

621 posts, read 240,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Did anyone pointed out rudy didn't file the charges it was the cops now the moron Adam say on the daily show the si da should file charges against rudy!!! WTF?.

Why shouldn't the DA press charges? It was a false reporting of a crime. And as former cop now mayor Eric Adams says, "Falsely reporting a crime is a crime". Even the other charges are bunk. The man has a right to free speech. We're now going arresting people for exercising their 1st amendment rights?

People need to put themselves in a similar position - suppose you're arguing with someone, you touch the person on the arm, and they scream "assault". Is it reasonable that you go to jail and have a felony charge on your record? I don't think so!

Old 06-30-2022, 07:19 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,655,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
In NY, if you touch someone intentionally and they say they feel pain, that’s assault 3. Assault 3 on a person over 65 with a 10 year difference between the attacker and victim becomes a felony.

Thats the law. The DA can downgrade after the fact, but it is what it is.
Really?

In that case, I was assaulted by a cop.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:43 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,944,967 times
So report it. I couldn’t care less. Anyone still serving you guys now is an idiot anyway.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-01-2022, 05:04 AM

59 posts, read 29,489 times
False. Did 3 years in prison for Attempted assault in the first degree. This led to the victim being stabbed multiple times. It was a class c felony. Minimum 3.5 years max was 15 years. Attempted assault doesn’t always mean “missing your target” you can hit them as well.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:58 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,944,967 times
That’s after the fact, when da’s get involved and can change charges to anything. I’m talking about the letter of the law for establishing probable cause for arrest.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-25-2022, 12:56 PM

3 posts, read 1,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
The greatest mayor N.Y.C. ever had was also one of the greatest prosecutors.
This idiot attempt for 5 minutes of fame is going to land him in the clinker where he
will have plenty of time to think about his actions. Maybe he'll get a free lap dance
from a convict doing life. " My name is Mary....wanna Dance? "
I agree. Mayor Rudy was the best. Anyone who had to work in Manhattan back in the late 70's, early 80's knows how horrible it was. Remember when it was called the Rotten Apple? I worked in the fashion district, just 2 blocks from 42nd Street and it was terrifying to walk around that area. All the problems NYC had while Lindsey, Koch, Dinkins etc were mayor and claimed they couldn't do anything to fix it, the flight of business and families to get away from the high taxes, filth, crime turned out to be nonsense. All NYC needed was this man to come in and turn it all around. Times Square and 42nd Street became tourist attractions, the streets were safe, business booming and the tourism trade came back. Now, after the last couple of idiots running the city, it's going down the toilet again. Dems are really great at destroying other people's work, lining their pockets and then crying about how they're criticized. They are crooked and corrupt and should be in jail for destroying so many people's lives. I wouldn't take my family into the city to see a show or get on a subway if my life depended on it, because it does. The police have lost heart and the criminals are running the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City