Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 05:08 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times

Advertisements

Dont need a light rail. Look at jfks airtrain, very convenient, mostly for employees.

The standard is getting a cab, I like that, and this workforce needs to stay employeed and feed family,pay taxes ,and spend money...

I live here,liver a block away from the laguardia bus, and never used it. Schlepping suitcase on public transit is some BS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2023, 05:13 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,639,422 times
The drive from Westchester to JFK is just horrible.

Old 06-18-2023, 05:57 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesfitlatinas View Post
All three airports in the metro area are absolute vomit. Just got back from London and it was a breeze using the Heathrow Express. Arrived in JFK and all I have is one back pack and a small roller. Took the POS AirTrain monorail to Jamaica then transfer to LIRR. Jamaica looks like a sh-thole and this was upgraded in 2017!

Neither of the three airports you can take the subway, LIRR, or NJ Transit to the airport. Newark might be the closest one that has a direct rail but like JFK you have to pay additional fee to use the AirTrain monorail.

Meanwhile I see scumbags in this city masturbating over some new bar or going "ohhh ahhh" over some new terminals.

If we want to be world class city, we need to make our airports FUNCTIONAL, not adding another liqueur shop. Last month in Chicago I took the blue line from the airport to the city and it was easy. Now they are gonna add Metra(their version of LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit) to the airport. Just embarrassing how this city turns out.

Cuomo's LGA plan was pathetic and he should have been stomped and kicked for that stupid plan.

If anyone disagrees on one seat direct rail rides to our airports or is a third world cab driver that thinks your precious rides will be "stolen", go f yourself and back to your country.

Your finesse with language is truly something. But since I don't use that language, we'll just leave it at that.
""Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.""

Old 06-18-2023, 07:54 PM

188 posts, read 60,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Dont need a light rail. Look at jfks airtrain, very convenient, mostly for employees.

The standard is getting a cab, I like that, and this workforce needs to stay employeed and feed family,pay taxes ,and spend money...

I live here,liver a block away from the laguardia bus, and never used it. Schlepping suitcase on public transit is some BS...
I didn't say light rail, I said heavy rail. Sounds like you are one of those subhumans that backs the cabbies to the point you get on your knees.

You live next to LGA, nobody is talking about. Go F yourself.

Old 06-18-2023, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
What were the results of last Chinese elections?
Yeah cause everyone knows the 2020 election went smoothly. NOT.

Syria had elections too, and Assad won 98%.

Our country is a sham democracy or Republic. However you want it.

Old 06-18-2023, 08:06 PM

2,611 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Light rail service is actually better than a direct stop.

The subway is filthy and dangerous!!!!

Old 06-18-2023, 08:10 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,669 times
Anyone who travels internationally knows that our public transit pales compared to major cities. The Heathrow Express is more expensive than other lines but at least there are alternatives that take you straight into Central London. The trains on the new Elizabeth lines put NYC subways to shame.

Old 06-18-2023, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Light rail service is actually better than a direct stop.

The subway is filthy and dangerous!!!!
I was talking about using LIRR dummy. Commuter rail aka heavy rail.

Light rail means trams which are good for within the boroughs but you still will have the same problems as the subway and bus.

Old 06-18-2023, 08:42 PM

2,611 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesfitlatinas View Post
I was talking about using LIRR dummy. Commuter rail aka heavy rail.

Light rail means trams which are good for within the boroughs but you still will have the same problems as the subway and bus.
If you want to live in the suburbs...tough luck pal!

JFK/LGA are in THE CITY.

WE do not have to accommodate suburbanites.

Live in NYC to get the benefits of it.

Old 06-18-2023, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
If you want to live in the suburbs...tough luck pal!

JFK/LGA are in THE CITY.

WE do not have to accommodate suburbanites.

Live in NYC to get the benefits of it.
LIRR three main terminals Penn Station, Grand Central, and Jamaica are in NYC retardo. So you have no idea what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City