Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 11:05 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,608,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Yea I had good Malaysian food from there but sadly I will never consider a place that is sprawled with hideous strip mall shops as relative to Queens.

You do not get the same street energy that you would in Queens.
Eastern Queens has a lot of strip malls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 11:09 PM

2,635 posts, read 1,231,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Eastern Queens has a lot of strip malls
Careful now, he's going to accuse you of "not being a real new yorker" lol

Old 06-24-2023, 12:43 AM

791 posts, read 490,285 times
Used to travel to Atlanta on a regular basis for work when I was a corporate hack and Coca Cola was a premier client of mine. Beautiful headquarters. But Atlanta, like most urban cities, is crime ridden with the more favorable demographics living in th outskirts/suburbs. Buckhead, for example. Great area, but actually in delicne similar to the way Long Island is in decline since the BLM riots of 2020. No place is safe.

But I will say this, if I were a hard working educated AA...I'd def consider moving down there. There are tons of successful AA families living down there, especially 10 or so miles out of the downtown area.

Old 06-24-2023, 01:23 AM

61 posts, read 46,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
That could be said about most large cities.

Look how long it took to complete the second ave line.

Chicago was supposed to build the spire which simply ended up as a giant hole in the ground.

In the 1920s LA had plans drawn up for a transit system that contained 140 miles of track.

So while it has been true about Atlanta, it could also be said about pretty much every large city with ambitious plans.
Yeah I am referencing modern times. Atlanta had meetings agreeing to expand the rail parts of MARTA only to become cowards and just add buses which end up being practically worthless. Atlanta could at they very least add light rail. That's where they lose points cause if they did those things you would see that city blossom.

Old 06-24-2023, 01:41 AM

163 posts, read 90,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
It has a decent urban feeling with easy access to suburban living and amenities. It has a major transportation hub, # 1 air hub in the US. Higher QOL with lower COL. Tasty Southern cuisine with the famous southern hospitality. Just had a filling BBQ dinner with drinks for thee for ~$65. I spent a few days in southern/Black Atlanta. AAs in Atlanta are friendly and pleasant to be around, unlike the crazy black bums roaming NYC streets everywhere. Trees/bushes/pastures are definitely greener, streets are lot cleaner, and roads are wider and in greater conditions. I spent about 10 years in the south before moving to NYC. This visit brought back a lot of sweet home feelings, especially with the backdrop of the rising crime in NYC since de blasio the Nut. Population in Atlanta has been on the rise. Job market is still tight. I only wish the summer is half in duration.
Oh yeah. You definitely don’t know what you’re talking about. If you think the “black bums” in NY are bad you’re not ready for Atlanta. Nice try.

Old 06-24-2023, 07:56 AM

34,106 posts, read 47,338,050 times
Quote:
Most places in America have got more expensive during the past decade, including the up and coming Atlanta metro, but still it is far from the NYC expensive. Majority of the people have a roof over their head here, unlike so many NYers call train their home. A few days ago an asian surgeon got punched in the head by a thug in East NY and died shortly after, which is one of the regular deaths/losses of good lives daily in NYC that is not even news worthy any more.
There is no utopia. You can choose to keep running away from your problems or face them head on.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-24-2023, 08:03 AM

Also, ATL suburbs are decent. City itself isnt all that. OTP. I dont even think OP knows Atlanta that well. Fun fact - places out west like Douglasville are cheaper because since the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, if you have a job in Atlanta that means you’re driving facing the sun all day. Lol

Old 06-24-2023, 08:14 AM

Quote:
It has a decent urban feeling with easy access to suburban living and amenities. It has a major transportation hub, # 1 air hub in the US. Higher QOL with lower COL. Tasty Southern cuisine with the famous southern hospitality. Just had a filling BBQ dinner with drinks for thee for ~$65. I spent a few days in southern/Black Atlanta. AAs in Atlanta are friendly and pleasant to be around, unlike the crazy black bums roaming NYC streets everywhere. Trees/bushes/pastures are definitely greener, streets are lot cleaner, and roads are wider and in greater conditions. I spent about 10 years in the south before moving to NYC. This visit brought back a lot of sweet home feelings, especially with the backdrop of the rising crime in NYC since de blasio the Nut. Population in Atlanta has been on the rise. Job market is still tight. I only wish the summer is half in duration.
Yeah, you’re crazy

ATL’s crime rate is even worse than NYC if thats what you’re trying to escape, lol

If you want to talk ATL suburbs we can have that conversation but thats like talking about LI or Westchester

Old 06-24-2023, 09:19 AM

25,376 posts, read 37,106,935 times
Quote:
AAs in Atlanta are friendly and pleasant to be around
You actually POSTED that?

Old 06-24-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
You actually POSTED that?
I didnt even catch that

I knew people were all damaged in some shape or form but Covid really got their brains moldy at this point

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City