Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 10:34 PM

2,614 posts, read 1,211,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Northern Queens where the diversity is cantered around is sprawled?

You might not even be a New Yorker making that claim.
You seem to have poor reading comprehension. I stated Queens in general is sprawled out but the areas along the subway line and near the city are full of "street energy" as you put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 10:41 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,396,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I have no excuses. I really don't care. If you live in a big city, there's always risk of crime. If you're scared, stay in the suburbs.

Atlanta has bad crime, but it's not on the level of New Orleans, Detroit, or Memphis. It's not really that dangerous or scary unless you're putting yourself into situations that expose you to it.
Exactly so its not really about a brooklynite thinking they know everything, rather it's you trying to create a narrative with ignorance. Talking about crime in NYC and boasting about Atlanta has to be the funniest things in the world.

My family is from Haiti. Imagine a Haitian person laughing at someone else that's from a third world country?

Old 06-23-2023, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Exactly so its not really about a brooklynite thinking they know everything, rather it's you trying to create a narrative with ignorance. Talking about crime in NYC and boasting about Atlanta has to be the funniest things in the world.

My family is from Haiti. Imagine a Haitian person laughing at someone else that's from a third world country?
I never said anything about crime in NY or tried to create a narrative about it.

Nor was I boasting about Atlanta.

I didn't make this thread.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:43 PM

5,116 posts, read 4,964,964 times
Quote:
Atlanta has one of the highest murder rates in the nation.

Should we pull up the FBI list?
You got to look behind the numbers. Most Atlanta neighborhoods are safe and free of crime, but crime is everywhere within nyc limits. Mass transportation provides convenience and affordability but also helps spread crime everywhere.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:44 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,028,603 times
Too far away. Boston and Philly are the satellite cities to NYC. Of the 2 I'd rather pick Boston because Philly is sliding down hard.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Too far away. Boston and Philly are the satellite cities to NYC. Of the 2 I'd rather pick Boston because Philly is sliding down hard.
For some people, that could be part of the appeal of a place when they're trying to move away from somewhere.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
You got to look behind the numbers. Most Atlanta neighborhoods are safe and free of crime, but crime is everywhere within nyc limits. Mass transportation provides convenience and affordability but also helps spread crime everywhere.
This is funny. NYC has one of the lowest murder rates and you sit here and talk about NYC crime.

Atlanta has one of the higest murder rates and all of a sudden you want to look past the numbers.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I never said anything about crime in NY or tried to create a narrative about it.

Nor was I boasting about Atlanta.

I didn't make this thread.
You responded saying "typical brooklynite" to a poster I was disputing about the crime.

Sorry I do research and like stats unlike the average American. Don't get robbed in a gas station in ATL.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:54 PM

Quote:
You responded saying "typical brooklynite" to a poster I was disputing about the crime.

Sorry I do research and like stats unlike the average American. Don't get robbed in a gas station in ATL.
I was just speaking in general about how you've acted in this thread, not about that particular point.

I don't get worried about being robbed anywhere I go (in the US at least )

Old 06-23-2023, 11:01 PM

5,116 posts, read 4,964,964 times
Quote:
This is funny. NYC has one of the lowest murder rates and you sit here and talk about NYC crime.

Atlanta has one of the higest murder rates and all of a sudden you want to look past the numbers.
You are stuck with the murder number but fail to understand that number affects a targeted segment of the population. Most residents in Atlanta are not exposed to the same level of crime risk as NYers are because criminals move and mix freely with the general public whereas majority crimes in Atlanta are targeted to a small group of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City