Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 10:25 PM

2,611 posts, read 1,205,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
I have stayed there before. It is nothing like Queens.
In terms of featuring a variety of ethnic cuisines in a pretty concentrated area, in that respect it is a very very small version of it.

Of course in many other ways it is very different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 10:26 PM

5,114 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
So you want new yorkers to escape to Atlanta a city that is top 25 in murder rates? Sounds like the people in Atlanta need to escape.

Also your post is outdated. New Yorkers have been moving to Atlanta since the 1970s and ATL is not the cheap place that it once was years ago.
I see with my eyes the development and growth that Atlanta has achieved over the past decade vs the downhill spirals NYC is experiencing. Yes, it is getting more expensive because it has been in high demand, but it is still affordable and offers much better QOL. You don’t feel the presence of crime in most areas, unlike you could be randomly slashed or paralyzed anywhere in Manhattan. In other words, crime is confined to certain areas but crime in nyc is widespread.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:27 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
Also, I have never in my life witnessed someone who is not from Atlanta boast about Atlanta cuisine lmao. ATL is arguably one of the worst food cities for a city its size lol. If you want real good food down south you should be going to either Charleston, SC or New Orleans. I'd even pick Miami over Atlanta by a long shot when it comes to food. Even for soul food I'd rather just stay in NY and eat the soul food here.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
I see with my eyes the development and growth that Atlanta has achieved over the past decade vs the downhill spirals NYC is experiencing. Yes, it is getting more expensive because it has been in high demand, but it is still affordable and offers much better QOL. You don’t feel the presence of crime in most areas, unlike you could be randomly slashed or paralyzed anywhere in Manhattan. In other words, crime is confined to certain areas but crime in nyc is widespread.
LOL Typical Brooklynite. Thinks they know everything.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
In terms of featuring a variety of ethnic cuisines in a pretty concentrated area, in that respect it is a very very small version of it.

Of course in many other ways it is very different.
Yea I had good Malaysian food from there but sadly I will never consider a place that is sprawled with hideous strip mall shops as relative to Queens.

You do not get the same street energy that you would in Queens.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Atlanta has one of the highest murder rates in the nation.

Should we pull up the FBI list?

Old 06-23-2023, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Yea I had good Malaysian food from there but sadly I will never consider a place that is sprawled with hideous strip mall shops as relative to Queens.

You do not get the same street energy that you would in Queens.
Much of queens is pretty sprawl-y and suburban.

Yes along the train lines has more of the street energy, as you put it.

But I was speaking stirctly in terms of a variety of food options. In that regards it absolutely has that in common with the more ethnically diverse parts of Queens.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:31 PM

Quote:
LOL Typical Brooklynite. Thinks they know everything.
So you want me to post the FBI list of most dangerous cities in America? If Atlanta appears on there what will your next excuse be?

Old 06-23-2023, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Much of queens is pretty sprawl-y and suburban.

Yes along the train lines has more of the street energy, as you put it.

But I was speaking stirctly in terms of a variety of food options. In that regards it absolutely has that in common with the more ethnically diverse parts of Queens.
Northern Queens where the diversity is cantered around is sprawled?

You might not even be a New Yorker making that claim.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:33 PM

Quote:
So you want me to post the FBI list of most dangerous cities in America? If Atlanta appears on there what will your next excuse be?
I have no excuses. I really don't care. If you live in a big city, there's always risk of crime. If you're scared, stay in the suburbs.

Atlanta has bad crime, but it's not on the level of New Orleans, Detroit, or Memphis. It's not really that dangerous or scary unless you're putting yourself into situations that expose you to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City