Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 12:01 PM

5,138 posts, read 4,976,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
You actually POSTED that?
Yes, so??
Do you know where Atlanta is btw?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2023, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah, you’re crazy

ATL’s crime rate is even worse than NYC if thats what you’re trying to escape, lol

If you want to talk ATL suburbs we can have that conversation but thats like talking about LI or Westchester
How many times do I need to repeat that Atlanta crime is much more confined to specific areas, unlike random attacks everywhere in nyc? If you have a little real life experience you’d probably fig out where not to go to stay safe. If you are interested, come down and take a walk along the 22-mile long belt line and feel how different people live and breathe here, and see how laxed parents are when leaving their babies in strollers while them running to the restrooms. There’s a huge gap between the statistics you read and real life experience everybody enjoys here.

Atlanta has been growing and prospering for a reason in the past decade and people from all over the US flock here to find a place to live before it gets too hot to afford.

Old 06-24-2023, 12:15 PM

1,425 posts, read 727,789 times
I've been to Atlanta in 2016 and I liked it. Much cleaner then NYC that's for sure.

Old 06-24-2023, 12:21 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,225,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
I've been to Atlanta in 2016 and I liked it. Much cleaner then NYC that's for sure.
It's a solid town, got much better over the years.

First time I went there was 2009 and absolutely hated it.

Been there a few times recently and they've done some nice development with the Beltline area and Midtown.

But as one poster pointed out, they really need to do something about expanding MARTA or adding light rail, then it could be a really viable place.

Old 06-24-2023, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
I've been to Atlanta in 2016 and I liked it. Much cleaner than NYC that's for sure.
Nobody would dispute that most parts of NYC are filthy dirty, gray, chaotic and stinky, where you could get used to over time. The random violent crime everywhere is a growing concern.

Old 06-24-2023, 02:54 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
How many times do I need to repeat that Atlanta crime is much more confined to specific areas, unlike random attacks everywhere in nyc? If you have a little real life experience you’d probably fig out where not to go to stay safe. If you are interested, come down and take a walk along the 22-mile long belt line and feel how different people live and breathe here, and see how laxed parents are when leaving their babies in strollers while them running to the restrooms. There’s a huge gap between the statistics you read and real life experience everybody enjoys here.

Atlanta has been growing and prospering for a reason in the past decade and people from all over the US flock here to find a place to live before it gets too hot to afford.
Yeah ok buddy

Google "road rage Atlanta" and come back to me

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-24-2023, 02:55 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,300,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
A new and upcoming Asian town is in NE Atalanta, Duluth. Atlanta metro is expanding extensively northeast wards over the past decade.
It's funny. Someone that works for me moved there in Atlanta not too long ago from Minneapolis. Chinese guy. I was wondering what drew him there, but I'm sure it's cheaper. Wonder what he got for his house in Minneapolis and what he paid for the one he has in Atlanta.

Old 06-24-2023, 02:55 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
It's a solid town, got much better over the years.

First time I went there was 2009 and absolutely hated it.

Been there a few times recently and they've done some nice development with the Beltline area and Midtown.

But as one poster pointed out, they really need to do something about expanding MARTA or adding light rail, then it could be a really viable place.
I don't think they're interested in expanding public transportation down there

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-24-2023, 02:56 PM

5 posts, read 2,312 times
i would never move there. georgia has too much racism and neo nazis and guns. very intolerant and backwards. scary place.

Old 06-24-2023, 03:05 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,225,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It's funny. Someone that works for me moved there in Atlanta not too long ago from Minneapolis. Chinese guy. I was wondering what drew him there, but I'm sure it's cheaper. Wonder what he got for his house in Minneapolis and what he paid for the one he has in Atlanta.
A few months ago, I was on a plane from Singapore to Manila and sat next to an Indian woman from around the Punjab region. We talked about the US and she mentioned that she was very familiar with California because she worked in Tech for a company HQ'd in the Bay Area. Mentioned that she knew of NY and Chicago, Florida, but she never heard of Atlanta. She did know about Duluth, GA, however. I guess a lot of Indians have moved there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City