Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2023, 01:58 PM

106,570 posts, read 108,713,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You are one of the few that shares my views on politics. I paid attention to the issues because I think it's important to be an educated voter. But like you my life was unchanged when Clinton became Bush and Bush became Obama. That all change when a man who had no business running our country actually won. But if he wins again I will be like you, I'll go back to tuning out politics and go on with my life. If I didn't do that and I saw a criminal become our President I won't like my mental health status.
i never let politics get to me ,as long as it does not effect me directly ….

but i do have opinions on someone like trump and even if he wasn’t in politics i would feel the same way about him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2023, 02:39 PM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
All this to stop him from running for president.
It not him being POTUS that worries "them", at least on the surface. It's that they're not into him, financially, therefore they can't control him, therefore he can expose their misdeeds.

Old 09-29-2023, 02:41 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i would just go back to my regular total uninterest in politics .

like i said i just play the cards i am dealt.

i rather he goes but as long as our leaders don’t effect my life for the negative i don’t care who is in power
Funny,I just said this to a friend recently. The first Presidential election I voted in was in 1976 so I've voted in 14. Despite all the hype arround every dreadful one of them and all the other State and local elections , I somewhere along the line realized that no election has aver made a difference in my life.

Old 09-29-2023, 03:27 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Technically one did for me. Unfortunately it was my most hated politician, one of the slimiest ever to wear the crown: Cuomo.

Had he not signed the bill changing the military buyback law in NYS, I’d have been stuck cucking myself for people who hated me for 2 more years, and been left with a much smaller pension because I’d not have been able to take advantage of the giant flood of overtime after the martyrdom of St. Floyd.

Hail Cuomo! Saved me from that craphole city once and for all.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-29-2023, 08:56 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLucian View Post
Indictments and allegations are enough for the commie left to convict you. If they don’t get their way, they destroy cities across the country costing billions in damage (Summer 2020). Then they have the media cover up and mislabel their riots as protests. Corporations side with them turning their logos and avatars black to support their disgusting behavior. The same commies that say they’re for the little guy are the same ones in bed with corporations, media, academia, government, etc. Got to love their hypocrisy.
I tuned your post out when you started the bit about the "commie left". We are talking about Trump not anything else.

Old 09-29-2023, 09:18 PM

2,328 posts, read 1,026,428 times
Dems desperately trying to distract voters from the NJ senator being investigated for real Treason like selling military state secrets in exchange for gold bars. Or the ongoing migrant crisis of their own creation.

Old 09-29-2023, 10:41 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
It not him being POTUS that worries "them", at least on the surface. It's that they're not into him, financially, therefore they can't control him, therefore he can expose their misdeeds.
You probably really believe that.

Old 09-30-2023, 09:14 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I tuned your post out when you started the bit about the "commie left". We are talking about Trump not anything else.
I turned you out when you think that talking about Trump means not mentioning the Leftists when in fact, it is the Leftists that are doing all this to him.

There wouldn’t even be a Donald Trump the politician, if it weren’t for the Democrats and the Left. He ran for president solely on stopping them from what they’re doing to this country.

Old 09-30-2023, 09:15 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You probably really believe that.
And it looks like you really believe everything the liberal media tells you.

Old 09-30-2023, 09:15 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Technically one did for me. Unfortunately it was my most hated politician, one of the slimiest ever to wear the crown: Cuomo.

Had he not signed the bill changing the military buyback law in NYS, I’d have been stuck cucking myself for people who hated me for 2 more years, and been left with a much smaller pension because I’d not have been able to take advantage of the giant flood of overtime after the martyrdom of St. Floyd.

Hail Cuomo! Saved me from that craphole city once and for all.
Technically only one did a direct improvement for me, too. The current governor of NJ put through an exclusion on pensions from other states for taxpayers over 62 years of age in 2018. I was paying significant NJ income tax on my NYS pension, and it went away when I hit 62 in 2020, saving me thousands of dollars a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City