Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 09:28 PM

54 posts, read 110,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
It was a few months ago I don't remember. I think it was in the area of Francis Lewis blvd and 156 pl,st,rd? And it was the super, he was in his prius and white shirt. I think he had glasses and was a little overweight? He would be far Down the block and when we got out of the truck he would turn down the street.
i think you were in Q12...we dont cover Francis Lewis Blvd

Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenseastsanman View Post
i think you were in Q12...we dont cover Francis Lewis Blvd
I was Q10 across the street from jfk mack...

Old 07-19-2009, 02:32 AM

88 posts, read 197,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the waiting game View Post
City Ends Job Freeze After Senate Approves Sales-Tax Increase
New Police Class July 14, EMT, Firefighter Hiring Back on Schedule
By TOMMY HALLISSEY and RICHARD STEIER
"Mayor Bloomberg July 10 rescinded a hiring freeze four days after he instituted it once the State Senate approved a bill increasing the city sales tax by a half-percent that is expected to produce $60 million a month in revenue."

some positive news , as small as it is. keep your heads up
Hi everyone, it's been months since I checked in on here and I came back to see that. Has anybody heard anything about a class sometime this year? I know nothing is gonna happen till it happens, but I'm just wondering if there's any new info.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:09 AM

16 posts, read 33,552 times
Wanna second the bx 12 comment, guys doing the right thing every day, in the heaviest boro..Thank you men, every nite we get called up for relays, almost a given, 9pm, relays in 12 , now u just have to calm down Mcinery, he seems to take it personal when u take 2 hours for a split truck relay..Again,thanks boys..

Old 07-19-2009, 04:21 AM

656 posts, read 1,412,343 times
In my 30 days in bronx 1, I was surplus one day. They transported me to bx12. To my pleasant surprise I was put on collection. WOW what a different world compared to Bx1!. It was such a nice and easy day! No running! No dumping! Just walking from house to house! It was my first experience of what it was like to stay out and not dump.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:03 AM

54 posts, read 110,007 times
Quote:
I was Q10 across the street from jfk mack...
then you were in Q13 Jade East

Old 07-19-2009, 10:19 AM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic View Post
thanks man...so everyone stays out at Q1, Q8, Q9, and BK18...I'm guessing this might be it?

and why did Q8 become the first/only district that got hit with full GPS? BK18 has never dumped either (although it might be different there because of the history of that garage), and I don't think anyone has mentioned GPS at Q1 or Q9 (I could be wrong though)
I thought to save money they did away with gps at Q8. Can someone tell me if that is true.
Also there are other districts that have many who dont dump on shift, a couple in manhatton dont dump. In queens there is another district that dont dump i dont want to give the name because i think it is a bad idea to post any direct info on this board. But I will say this that district covers a very nice area. In brooklyn there is one district that wasnt named which has a couple of sections that dont dump but that district does do a lot of weight. Bk18 wont get gps because of its size too big and the cost would be too much.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:23 AM

389 posts, read 774,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I thought to save money they did away with gps at Q8. Can someone tell me if that is true.
nope...untrue

Old 07-19-2009, 10:34 AM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
I had the opposite experience at Q10. I was on recycling with another out of towner, I did not know the area AT ALL, he was somewhat familiar with it. Right before lunch foreman started using tactics of "u know this route ALWAYS cleans and dumps right?" "u know we will have to council you if you do not clean right?" We tell him we are both out of town and do not know the area, we will do our best. We were doing one side of the street and working like gentlemen not running lights or riding on the lip of the hopper. After lunch the super is out tailing us but he is trying to be secretive about it. Before our 10 min break the deputy chief is now out on our trail and telling us how to work! We step it up a little bit because we are both still on probation but we are not running.

Turns out the truck saved us! We had an old CM and the handles would get stuck when you finished cycling it so after the whole day of having the packer on the hydrolic system finally overheated! We gave back 10 lines of work and were covered since the truck legitmately went down! Worst out of town experience EVER!
To me this is bull. You dont know the area how can they expect you to dump let alone finish. Think of it this way you have 6 months to go before your probation is over then you dont have to worry about getting a complaint.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:28 AM

200 posts, read 576,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Also there are other districts that have many who dont dump on shift, a couple in manhatton dont dump. In queens there is another district that dont dump i dont want to give the name because i think it is a bad idea to post any direct info on this board. But I will say this that district covers a very nice area. In brooklyn there is one district that wasnt named which has a couple of sections that dont dump but that district does do a lot of weight. Bk18 wont get gps because of its size too big and the cost would be too much.
GPS is still going strong in Q8.
Don't worry about mentioning the districts that don't dump. No one will ever get in trouble for that. So name away.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.