Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 06:06 PM

109 posts, read 195,777 times

Advertisements

I don't know why he worded it like that. "Hitting the road" is inside lingo for when you pass schoolcar and go out on your own. He just means the last six classes will be coming out to "hit the road". But the good news is, there will be a May 18th class according to NYC Transit Forums Train Operator Exam 8098 DCAS notice of result letter arrived - Page 465 - Transit Employment Topics and Discussions - NYC Transit Forums - Page 465
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 5,112 times
Please I will take facility maintener for mta what I need to concentrate or what they ask to do

Old 04-19-2015, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,099 times
I am about to take the Car Inspector Exam In May.. I am currently going through a Car inspector pass book.. which is a book of multiple choice questions and answer.. the Exam is a practical exam.. can anyone recommend a book that I can study for this.. or give an idea what the exam will be like.
Ozone Park Guy

Old 05-19-2015, 09:05 PM

12 posts, read 28,258 times
Did anyone go to the Drug Test For TRAIN OPERATOR on Friday 04/24/2015 Get Called to come in for the Medical EXAM. ? And If So when is the Next class starting for Train operator. ? Does anyone Know?

Old 06-22-2015, 06:11 PM

206 posts, read 294,311 times
Just got the call for the medical 36XX, any idea when the next class is?

Old 06-29-2015, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,583 times
so the next train operator exam filling period starts in Dec exam #6608 i noticed that the last one was given in 09 and the list was published 2012 , does it normally take that long ??

Old 07-25-2015, 03:52 PM

21 posts, read 55,329 times
I'm in. Start class on monday

Old 07-31-2015, 10:09 AM

16 posts, read 54,275 times
Hello all,

I was hoping to get some information regarding the CPD-B document. I went to Livingston street yesterday with my pre employment packet for train operator, and took a drug test. I thought that it would have entailed a medical examination that day as well, but I digress. This is in reference to the employment history section on the CPD-B that I took home. I need to go back to when I was eighteen years old. That is a lot of ground to cover as I am nearly 36. I've primarily worked retail, and have had a lot of jobs in that expanse of time, some of which were on the west coast.

1st question: Can I make copies from home to include more work history, or do I have to contact Livingston street and have them send me more "data sheets"? btw, I've had no luck contacting a live person at that location.

2: Two jobs in my work history; one of which was just a single day... I just didn't like it. The second, I worked two days before saying thank you to management I gave it a try, but wasn't a good fit. Do I need to include that as well? If so, I can't remember the dates by a long shot. I don't want to jeopardize potential employment over some minuscule details. I'm already stressed enough as is.

Social Security requires a fee of 136 dollars for my entire work history, and it will take 120 days to get to me??? Is the MTA not aware of this? The IRS only goes back 9 years, so that's moot.

3: pertaining to dates of employment. It turns out that i made a mistake on the dates of employment for one of my jobs on the pre employment packet. It has already been checked. Can/should I write down the correct dates on the CPD-B document and explain in the comments section that I imputed incorrect data on the pre employment packet. Again, I don't want to jeopardize employment. I only had one day to compile as much information as I could before reporting to Livingston street 7:30 am yesterday.

Sorry for this long drawn out message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck to new hires!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,279 times
Hi guys exam 8098 list #low 5ooo still 9oo candidates away list is good another 13 months, think I may still have a chance of hearing anything , I been through the process in the pass ,I was ready to be sworn in for Bus operator and bus maintainer back in 09& 2010 and let it go bye waiting for this but my list number is much higher this time around , I guess I made a mistake now that the city has added 2 new tiers on

Last edited by bf1958; 08-02-2015 at 09:00 PM..

Old 08-09-2015, 05:17 AM

2 posts, read 6,618 times
What is your list number? bf1958
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City