Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 AM

23 posts, read 69,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlybird76 View Post
Hello. Quick question. I will be doing the 2 week tour and was told we would be working midnight. Someone told me midnight didn't actually start at midnight. Any ideas when we will be starting? Also, told would have to start on a Sunday. Just wanted a heads up of what to expect. Thanks.
Hey Earlybird, you got called in from the O/C list? If so what number were you??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 AM

88 posts, read 261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gherigfan1 View Post
Hey Earlybird, you got called in from the O/C list? If so what number were you??
I dont hink hes on the O/C List they are still on the Promo. But if im wrong this is the happiest day of my life

Old 06-10-2012, 09:54 PM

15 posts, read 69,567 times
There are so many people on the promotional list that realistically it'll be another year or so before they start the open competitive. At the current time they are short 220 train operators between both divisions

Old 06-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorgirl View Post
There are so many people on the promotional list that realistically it'll be another year or so before they start the open competitive. At the current time they are short 220 train operators between both divisions
I think they might start calling off the OC maybe towards the end of the year. They are at the end of the Promo List as far as eligibles for positions. MotorGirl how do you know they are short 220 TO?? Thats sounds like quite a number to me but maybe its not. Either way im patiently waiting for my number to be called im hoping next year this time

Old 06-19-2012, 06:40 PM

Someone within the MTA said on another forum maybe 1 or 2 more classes for the Promo List then bye the Fall a OC Class will be coming. Just a FYI

Old 06-20-2012, 07:52 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlybird76 View Post
Hello. Quick question. I will be doing the 2 week tour and was told we would be working midnight. Someone told me midnight didn't actually start at midnight. Any ideas when we will be starting? Also, told would have to start on a Sunday. Just wanted a heads up of what to expect. Thanks.
Just so you know, here's how the three tours break down:

AM tour -- jobs starting between 0400 and 1159 hours.

PM tour -- jobs starting between 1200 and 2059 hours.

Midnight tour -- jobs starting between 2100 and 0359 hours.

(We use military time here at MTA. If you're not already familiar with it...you will be!)

Also, the work week is Sunday-to-Saturday, so yeah, that's when you'd be starting.

We pick jobs twice a year--it's sort of like the football draft. Everyone picks by their seniority number. When it's your turn, you can take whatever's available. So if you find that you don't like midnights, you can change your tour. (You could also ask the Crew Assignment Office to change it, although they don't have to).

Old 06-24-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin08 View Post
Someone within the MTA said on another forum maybe 1 or 2 more classes for the Promo List then bye the Fall a OC Class will be coming. Just a FYI
FYI they still have about 275 people left on that list. They don't hire huge class of 70 and 80 people like they used to. So that seems highly impossible

Old 06-24-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I think they might start calling off the OC maybe towards the end of the year. They are at the end of the Promo List as far as eligibles for positions. MotorGirl how do you know they are short 220 TO?? Thats sounds like quite a number to me but maybe its not. Either way im patiently waiting for my number to be called im hoping next year this time
Those are figures I was given from my sources. They are always looking for people to work overtime. They are not at the end of the promotional list

Old 06-24-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
What list number are you guys??? Im 699 on test 8098 im dying for that letter hahaha...keep us posted guys and thanks Motorman Mike for the info
You have a high number. Don't expect to be called right away. Looking at all ur previous post you seem a little desperate to get hired. You still have to take a medical, pass all the exams (including getting 100% on the signal test) and pass the final road test. So just because u get hired it doesn't mean u will have the job

Last edited by motorgirl; 06-24-2012 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: .

Old 06-24-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
They are still on the promo list but it could be exhausted in like 6months from now then its onto the OC List
Don't believe what people post online. Clearly you have been given wrong information. The 6 months have come and gone and they are still on the promotional list. Just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City