Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM

389 posts, read 775,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Go back and read all the posts from the new sanmen from 3 years ago. We were all staying out and saving the job and trying to get new guys hired.
Give it some time and you you fall in line with what goes on in your garage like everyone else. If you don't like it then transfer out and go to a district that stays out and is saving jobs. It is perfect for those that like 12-8, 7pm to 3am, 4 to 12.
Then what you will do is take a broom tissue to keep you days
A number of Queens East districts have been staying out to protest the possibility of losing Sunday security. Be nice to see it citywide. Make some charts. Oh that's right most of the job only worries about themself.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:21 PM

184 posts, read 338,912 times
You will never get everyone to change their ways for it's just a fact of life whether it hurts the job or not. If you don't like running like its been said in previous posts put your transfer in and eventually you can go to a stay out garage. I see the argument from both sides and I can agree with points made by everyone. Find what's best for you and live happy. The job is changing but so is every other uniformed service job and not just in NYC because its just a natural progression with the times. You have your job today so do it the best you can until circumstances prevent that....work safe my friends

Old 06-09-2011, 08:53 PM

208 posts, read 438,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
A number of Queens East districts have been staying out to protest the possibility of losing Sunday security. Be nice to see it citywide. Make some charts. Oh that's right most of the job only worries about themself.
Maybe we should be a little more careful what we post here...

Old 06-10-2011, 04:28 AM

269 posts, read 497,062 times
Since when did this become an on the job forum......last I looked it was a 6063 forum.....all I hear is people complaining about the same job they couldnt wait to get a couple of months/years ago. lets keep it to what it was intended for.....6063 updates....I am sure there is an on the job forum somewhere on here that you guys can voice your gripes on......And p.s. Read Sir Charges last post....He is 100% percent correct.....by putting that stuff out there they you are potentially shining an unwanted light on yourself and all your efforts just or unjust go down the tubes. I am less than a 80 numbers away from gettin hired I hope I am not this bitter after I finally get on.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:26 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,327 times
Yes, that is how it started 3 and a half years ago, but the title of this thread is DSNY On The Job Discussion/Exam 6063/etc., Part 5.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:54 AM

21 posts, read 38,702 times
With all this being said, does anyone have the slightest idea when the next class might be? Been waiting 3 years now since my 1st medical and the CDL class at FBF. List # 6XX so I will be in the next set of hirings and I cant leave my current job soon enough. I really hope that something will happen by the end of this summer...anyone know anything?

Old 06-10-2011, 06:51 PM

8 posts, read 17,903 times
whats up all.occasionally I come on here to see whats goin on.My stewards had a meeting at roll call the other day,to keep us informed with whats going on.Harry told them the city is gonna hire 150 for sept.were the only city agency that is going to be hiring in the near future.As for security its still up in the air.Harrys fighting it.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:48 PM

208 posts, read 438,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bes2006 View Post
whats up all.occasionally I come on here to see whats goin on.My stewards had a meeting at roll call the other day,to keep us informed with whats going on.Harry told them the city is gonna hire 150 for sept.were the only city agency that is going to be hiring in the near future.As for security its still up in the air.Harrys fighting it.
I've also heard that Harry walked out of a city labor meeting with Goldsmith and the like, working 4-12 its hard to find things out though.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:33 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charge View Post
Maybe we should be a little more careful what we post here...
I dont understand why people are posting private information on a public board. I wish sanitation workers were smarter.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:54 PM

8 posts, read 17,903 times
what do you consider private information.all that was said was that harry said 150 would be hired and he was fighting for security.if theres a job action or anything like that you really think management is gonna come on city data to find out ........come on ..........wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City