Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 PM

58 posts, read 106,336 times

Advertisements

If these rumors are true it really pisses me off that i have to work in the bronx in a garage that people dont give a ***. And run and dump all this does is create less work for us junior guys that just started. but some people are just dumb ass *** and dont listen to what will and is happening around us. We basically giving him the right to take away our job. yes its nice to be done early but come on lets protect the job!!!! For all of us to be able to have a union 100 years from now!!!! if these old timers would just listen and protect us junior men would be nice but they dont give a *** they just about being done and dont care. something needs to be done because i have done my part in trying to protect my job but it seems like they all dont like me anymore cuz i wont run like an animal. Am done but i need support to make this happen but it wont be easy so pass the word we need more workers lets work smart and easy not like animals. any suggestions besides being telling me to get out of the bronx because i hope that happens.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:21 AM

116 posts, read 239,968 times
Quoting - something needs to be done because i have done my part in trying to protect my job but it seems like they all dont like me anymore cuz i wont run like an animal.

I'm not sure, but ifI get on I'm going to go with the flow of the garage I'm in when I'm new. I get what you are saying, but I'm not about to make waves when I just get somewhere, if they run, I run & then I'll just bide my time & look to get out. Getting a reputation as someone who's not a team player will do you harm, imo

Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 AM

58 posts, read 106,336 times
This is true I feel it already but my argument is that am doing it to protect the job and prove to the city that we do need new san man. So am not doing it to be an *******. Just trying to save my job cuz am new and hopefully we could get you on the job but if running continues you won't be on for awhile!!! Then that really sucks for you and me. But it is a great job!!!! Love everyday just wish people wOuld appreciate it more and protect it from the bear Jew!!!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Default Stop with the rumors about hiring quotas from a list.

"This is in response to an e-mail you sent inquiring about the list for Sanitation Worker. We do not have a hiring quota. We hire all employees when we have a need.
The last two lists expired and we are hiring for the exam that was given in 2008. The next exam will be in 2012."

Sincerely,
Lorenzo N. Cipollina
Deputy Commissioner

There was no exam in 2008, it was on June/2007. Maybe he got confused
that the list was "established" in 2008. I really don't think there will be an
exam next year if the list is good until 2/2014. Anyway he did at least answer my question.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:08 PM

82 posts, read 152,013 times
As far as the medical....if you fail it for high blood pressure, an abnormality on the x ray , hearing etc.
can your primary doctor retest you to overule what they found during the medical?..or are you automatically eliminated?.....and do you have to disclose previous surgeries?
thanks

Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 PM

58 posts, read 100,356 times
I think the best thing is not to make huge waves right now bro. I know its tough and I feel exactly the same way as you but if you work with a senior guy that runs around like a jerkoff and doesnt take breaks just work at your own speed and he cant do anything about it. Preaching to them is like talking to a wall, theyve been hearing it for years. When you work with another junior guy then you can work the right way. You just dont want to **** all the guys off because a bad reputation will follow you to your next garage. Just pray these transfers go through sooner than later and work safe.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:36 PM

58 posts, read 100,356 times
Theyll learn their lesson when they start getting sent back out for a third load

Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
As sanitation workers it is our job to work as hard as we can for the city. But do it in a safe matter for yourself and the public. Also this is a public message board no need to post anything here that is private between sanitation workers and management. You never know who is reading this.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:01 PM

36 posts, read 62,779 times
running n dumping is only good on 12-8 who wants to stay out all night long u NEED that nap in otherwise u can crash driving home i seen plenty of guys swerving on BQE in uniform,this job is running itself with then men we have now the only time i can see hiring is another class or 2 off this current list,in the storms we need more men and more equipment,but when summer comes they dont even put out MLP everyday cause we have no extra guys...20 more yrs i see this job having 4000 men senior men ruined this job just to be done b4 lunch and dump so we have no relay shift or extra (truck)work from the dayline

Old 06-09-2011, 12:30 PM

473 posts, read 931,928 times
Go back and read all the posts from the new sanmen from 3 years ago. We were all staying out and saving the job and trying to get new guys hired.
Give it some time and you you fall in line with what goes on in your garage like everyone else. If you don't like it then transfer out and go to a district that stays out and is saving jobs. It is perfect for those that like 12-8, 7pm to 3am, 4 to 12.
Then what you will do is take a broom tissue to keep you days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City