Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 604 times

Advertisements

I'm 66 years old, I'm on Disabilty,I worked for almost 50 years, now I'm on Section8, I've lived in my current apartment for 3 1/2 years and I've paid my rent ontime every single month. but I can't stand living in the Bronx. also, my credit score is above 755. how do I find a decent place to live in NYC ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 01:10 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,466 times
Roommates?

Old 04-26-2018, 01:24 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
Roommates?
LMAO... I can see it now...

*Craigslist Ad*

Hi, I'm a loving grandfather and can be your grandfather too if you never had one! Looking for a roommate to split the rent with. Section 8 recipient, so can afford the rent. If not, you can call the po po and put me out!

Old 04-26-2018, 01:25 PM

243 posts, read 310,142 times
@OP,

I think you should aspire towards more than moving to NYC and wanting to live in section 8 housing. Those establishments are very unpleasant and really for people who are destitute or accidentally had 3 plus kids out of wedlock with different fathers.

With that being said, people should be happy when coming home after a long day at work and should not have to see those sad red bricks, beige government colored walls and tenants that urinate in their own elevator while a used condom is on the floor.
Nobody wants to be subjected to that.

@AndyMac,

You may as well stay where you are. I am sure your rent is dirt cheap and not many people like the Bronx, but you probably won't find anything cheaper unless you rent a room for $500 or $600 a month. The only places that offer that are other bad areas like Harlem or Jamaica Queens. People that rent out rooms for that price are also struggling to make ends meet.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
@OP,

I think you should aspire towards more than moving to NYC and wanting to live in section 8 housing. Those establishments are very unpleasant and really for people who are destitute or accidentally had 3 plus kids out of wedlock with different fathers.

With that being said, people should be happy when coming home after a long day at work and should not have to see those sad red bricks, beige government colored walls and tenants that urinate in their own elevator while a used condom is on the floor.

@AndyMac,

You may as well stay where you are. I am sure your rent is dirt cheap and not many people like the Bronx, but you probably won't find anything cheaper unless you rent a room for $500 or $600 a month. The only places that offer that are other bad areas like Harlem or Jamaica Queens. People that rent out rooms for that price are also struggling to make ends meet.
Accidentally? What a lie. You don't get a football team by having *that* many accidents. Close your legs to married men!!

Old 04-26-2018, 01:35 PM

@PierrePont,

So true it is an accident. I know many woman who have tons of kids with different fathers. They are just hopeless romantics. They always tell me they thought Tyrone truly cared and loved them, so they all proceeded to have unprotected sex because they said it was true love. Also, they were honest and said they couldn't bear to spend money on buying condoms. Totally understandable. It does get expensive buying those everytime someone shows true love to another person.

As my best friend once said: I love thug passion, but they always do me wrong.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
@PierrePont,

So true it is an accident. I know many woman who have tons of kids with different fathers. They are just hopeless romantics. They always tell me they thought Tyrone truly cared and loved them, so they all proceeded to have unprotected sex because they said it was true love. Also, they were honest and said they couldn't bear to spend money on buying condoms. Totally understandable. It does get expensive buying those everytime someone shows true love to another person.

As my best friend once said: I love thug passion, but they always do me wrong.
LMAO... There's something called buying in bulk. I guess they never heard of that either. True love.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:44 PM

I swear. They always tell me they have unprotected sex with Tyrone cause they thought it was true love. They didn't expect to be pregnant at 18 while being a barista.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:14 PM

@PierrePont,

Close your legs to married men? Mine is always open and tight like a 13 year old girl.

Oh, my friend is calling me to give me the details on drama with Tyrone. Ciao!

Old 04-27-2018, 01:28 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
@OP,

@AndyMac,

Thread was started in 2010, over eighteen years ago now. Am sure OP has moved on or at least sorted themselves out by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City