Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 01:24 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
165 Manufactured and Mobile Home Communities near Wake County, North Carolina

I Googled Wake County, figuring that's the Raleigh and vicinity. The above link gives 165 ONE HUNDRED SIXTY FIVE mobile home parks for the Wake County area alone.
Well in the list Crooks found, Suffolk County had, ahem, only FIFTEEN (that's 15), with 7 of them being for senior citizens only.

Now the next thing to quibble about is "How big is Wake County compared to Suffolk County?" Hmm?

Since Wake County, NC has one thousand percent (1,000%) more trailer parks than Suffolk County, NY, then it must be (well) over 1,000% larger than Suffolk County, so proportionally it has less trailer parks. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 01:28 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Well in the list Crooks found, Suffolk County had, ahem, only FIFTEEN (that's 15), with 7 of them being for senior citizens only.

Now the next thing to quibble about is "How big is Wake County compared to Suffolk County?" Hmm?

Since Wake County, NC has one thousand percent (1,000%) more trailer parks than Suffolk County, NY, then it must be (well) over 1,000% larger than Suffolk County, so proportionally it has less trailer parks. Yeah, that's the ticket.
My oh my I loves me that new math almost as much as mammy's sweet tea, bless her soul.

FWIW Wake County Population 866,410 in 7/08 vs Suffolk 1,512,224 7/08

Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
[quote=OhBeeHave;17287994]My oh my I loves me that new math almost as much as mammy's sweet tea, bless her soul.

/QUOTE]

ROTHFLMFAO!!! I can just hear you say that with a NY accent.....

Old 01-06-2011, 03:47 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,873 times
Quote:
165 Manufactured and Mobile Home Communities near Wake County, North Carolina

I Googled Wake County, figuring that's the Raleigh and vicinity. The above link gives 165 ONE HUNDRED SIXTY FIVE mobile home parks for the Wake County area alone.
Many of those are for sale.
It's obvious you have never been to NC. They are a supplier for trailer parks across the US. When driving down the highway in NC you will see hundreds of unoccupied new, never used trailer parks on the side of the highway. These are places where people go and pick which one they want and have it shipped to wherever they desire. These places actually outnumber actual trailer parks, they may have a name like "shady pines" but they are more or less a store. Drive thru Shelby NC (A small town of about 50K) and you will see at least 10 of these stores just on the highway. There not really a trailer park, it's a business, no one lives there, there just a big middleman between the manufacturer and the consumer.

At least half of those (probably many more) are those stores Ive talked about. When driving on the highway you actually see those more often than you see actual trailer parks.
Theirs probably a good number of people in NY state that bought there trailer in NC and had it shipped there. It's actually a pretty solid industry.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Many of those are for sale.
It's obvious you have never been to NC. They are a supplier for trailer parks across the US. When driving down the highway in NC you will see hundreds of unoccupied new, never used trailer parks on the side of the highway. These are places where people go and pick which one they want and have it shipped to wherever they desire. These places actually outnumber actual trailer parks, they may have a name like "shady pines" but they are more or less a store.

At least half of those (probably many more) are those stores Ive talked about. When driving on the highway you actually see those more often than you see actual trailer parks.
Theres probably a good number of people in NY state that bought there trailer in NC and had it shipped there. It's actually a pretty solid industry.

I have friends in Ohio and Florida who bought there trailer in NC and had it shipped to there location.
Many? They are all for sale. No kidding! The website is MHVillage: America's #1 Marketplace to Buy, Sell, or Rent Manufactured Homes.

WRONG. They are not "stores" or "manufacturers." And they CERTAINLY do not outnumber the trailer parks in NC.

Read the tab she referred to. It clearly says COMMUNITIES, as in TRAILER PARKS. This is where you find trailers located in trailer parks which are being sold used

There is another tab that says DEALERS to buy a brand new or used trailer from. Another one that says HOMES, which lists trailers for sale that are not in trailer parks. And another one that says SITES for places to put a trailer.

Sorry. You are not dealing with stupid, gullible hicks. So please give it up.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I really dont think that's something you'll have to worry about.

If you're priced out of the better areas of the City, you might come to Nassau

If you're priced out of Nassau, you might come to Suffolk

If you're priced off the Island, you might go to NC.
It is what it is.

Its not like you're gonna be getting the Tri-States best and brightest.

Crooks
Thank you for explaining the morons NY state has brought to us. I knew something fishy was up because every time I go to NYC I meet alot of cool people, but the transplants from NY down here are mostly just wastes of space.
Most of the ppl from NY that move down here are loud, obnoxious, know it alls with psychological issues. You can't have a conversation with them without them whining or moaning about life down here, or trying to act like a billy badass.
It's funny too because the NY transplants in the NC suburbs almost all seem to be human trash, but if you go to poor neighborhoods in NC most of the NY transplants are really cool ppl, which just blows my mind, usually its the opposite, but the NY & NJ suburbanites we got for the most part are really just a pain in the a**, and almost anyone who has had the misfortune of meeting them would agree with me.

We seem to get alot of leftovers from Ohio too. I know alot of cool transplants from Ohio, but for every nice normal family there 5 or 6 of them that seem to be human trash.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:09 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
[quote=VA Yankee;17288219]
Quote:
My oh my I loves me that new math almost as much as mammy's sweet tea, bless her soul.

/QUOTE]

ROTHFLMFAO!!! I can just hear you say that with a NY accent.....
Yeah, I'd be out of place now, wouldn't I? LOL

Old 01-06-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
I didn't even bother clicking on the link. Ive been to Raleigh and never even seen a trailer park there.
You embody everything ive been talking about. I'm glad you are ignorant enough to hate and claim to be an expert on my state which you have never visited. Please stay where you are because we don't need another transplant moron.
Of course not, because you know I am correct that they are actual trailer parks, not "store sites where nobody even lives and they sell trailers."

Don't worry, I will NEVER move to North Carolina. However, I have been there. Basically, just felt neutral about it.

Unfortunately, there will be plenty of other transplants to annoy you! What do you plan to do about those?

I hope you don't get priced out of your own state ... more and more people need more and more schools and services so the taxes go up ... people from up north sell much more valuable real estate than could be had in NC, so the sellers, new neighborhood developments and real estate agents get GREEDY and trick them into paying more than what a home is actually worth ... but prices stay inflated and go above the prices the natives are used to and which the natives, with no windfall of $$$ from selling a home up north, earn enough to afford. I can see why you don't like transplants ... and it's not just the obnoxiousness.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:36 PM

I'm not going to get priced out of my state, and I don't even plan on living here forever anyway.
The transplants just annoy me because most of them behave like they are from a barn.

Ive found the complex is most often found in LI and NJ transplants. They feel when they come down here now is there chance to prove they are from NYC. The brooklyn and queens transplants ive met are all pretty cool. There not prone to complaining constantly or trying to make everyone feel inferior to them because there from NYC, and not as loud and obnoxious. It's the LI & NJ ones that most often personify what ive been discussing. The NJ ones are even worse than the LI ones, but the LI ones are still a wart on our societies a$$.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:55 PM

149 posts, read 275,470 times
Bless your heart )))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York