Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:11 PM

21 posts, read 128,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodim View Post
Hi I have been looking for homes in lower Westchester for 5 years .My family and I are from The BRONX Pelham Bay area . Even though sad to go reality is the place is going to sh--! due to the fact that the politicans do not want to build new schools. so the schools are busting and are not keeping up with the growth of the future. so people are moving and the neigborhood is just not the same sadly enough.
I have been searching for a nice size house since there is 5 of us, but it doesn't seeem to be happening in my price range. We went to Rockland county this weekend for open houses and came across a nice house in NEW CITY with South Clarkstown schools. the houses in the area go for 400 to mid 500's not use to seeing that. Gives me a YIKES feeling like something is wrong. The house i saw was almost 4,000 square feet for about 650000 they wont get that but still, in Westchester that would be a 4 millions dollar house. so i am asking help me out is this area worth giving a chance? I am afraid to go to an area that I know nothing about besides shopping at the mall there. or should I just wait and keep looking in westchester.
I've been living in New City for the past 10 years. It is very safe and yet more affordable than Westchester. This is the government site of Rockland county and plenty of professionals live the area . You can compare New City with Pearl River, Orangeburg, Tappan.
As for the schools, I can be impartial. For political reason (red line) clarkstown is said to be a better school district. Drugs, vodka, some violence is in both school district so as in any other schools. We can't avoid this even when one chose private schools which many people do. It is in part in the support, the bound and the education that we provide at home. Summit park and hillcrest elementary which is part of East Ramapo school district are also superb schools. Of course if one can not accept some stain they should consider clarkstown school district. In reality problems are everywhere.
Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 09:52 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,675,690 times
Friend of mine lives in Spring Valley. Beautiful home, and she's happy to be there, but she's paying for it! $8,300/year in property taxes. But Rockland is a beautiful county. Good luck to you!

Who said Throggs Neck is going down?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York