Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 7,142 times

Advertisements

I've been offered a job interview in a middle school in the Middletown City School District. From what I'm reading here this is something to avoid? Any specific information on the school district and the city/town would be appreciated--I want to know as much as I can before deciding to relocate. If I do relocate, I'd like a place that is well-maintained, offers things to do, has a decent-sized population of young (25-35ish) and not necessarily married and with family people, with a good school district, with proximity to larger cities (not including NYC, since it's a given that that's nearby), safe area, etc. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 33,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twalch View Post
mE AND MY FAMILY HAVE HAD A MOBILE HOMEIN UPSCALE SYOSSET FOR 12 YEARS. i T HAS BEEN GREAT BEING THAT MY 12 YR OLD HAS CEREBRAL PALSY. MY DAUGHTER ALSO HAS LEARNING DISABILITIES. WHERE CAN WE GO WHERE HARD WORKING PEOPLE CAN WORK AND THE KIDS GET THE SERVICES THAT THEY NEED AT SCHOOL. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU MUCH!!!!!
Many hard working people live in Pike County, PA or Sullivan County, NY

Old 09-17-2007, 02:40 PM

7 posts, read 33,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erindear View Post
I've been offered a job interview in a middle school in the Middletown City School District. From what I'm reading here this is something to avoid? Any specific information on the school district and the city/town would be appreciated--I want to know as much as I can before deciding to relocate. If I do relocate, I'd like a place that is well-maintained, offers things to do, has a decent-sized population of young (25-35ish) and not necessarily married and with family people, with a good school district, with proximity to larger cities (not including NYC, since it's a given that that's nearby), safe area, etc. Thank you!
Check out newspaper articles on this area at recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record, serving New York's Hudson Valley and the Catskills
That should give you the details you need.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,826 times
Hi I just wanna say that I am disturbed by the information given on this site about Middletown Schools. We live in Middletown and my daughter is in Twin Towers and is in the AP classes and the school and the teachers that she has are amazing. If you raise your kid right they will do fine. It is not the schools responsibilty to raise our kids it is ours. If you teach your kid right from wrong and they are good kids they will not be with the elements that you are worried about. All schools have problems, Pine Bush has drug issues, Monroe has teen suicides, Goshen has alot of drugs as well. So it is how you raise your kids. The area we live in is great we have wonderful neighbors and we all watch out for each other. I live by the Board of Ed in Middletown, NY. Our High School has advanced programs and your child can take college credits while in HS, the programs available to them here are amazing. So please stop bashing Middletown Schools all kids that go there are not bad.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:08 PM

956 posts, read 1,208,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD71 View Post
Hi I just wanna say that I am disturbed by the information given on this site about Middletown Schools. We live in Middletown and my daughter is in Twin Towers and is in the AP classes and the school and the teachers that she has are amazing. If you raise your kid right they will do fine. It is not the schools responsibilty to raise our kids it is ours. If you teach your kid right from wrong and they are good kids they will not be with the elements that you are worried about. All schools have problems, Pine Bush has drug issues, Monroe has teen suicides, Goshen has alot of drugs as well. So it is how you raise your kids. The area we live in is great we have wonderful neighbors and we all watch out for each other. I live by the Board of Ed in Middletown, NY. Our High School has advanced programs and your child can take college credits while in HS, the programs available to them here are amazing. So please stop bashing Middletown Schools all kids that go there are not bad.
the same can be said for Kingston, Po-town, Newburgh, but as usual the cities always get a bad name due to all the negative news everyone loves to gloat about.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:19 AM

967 posts, read 2,996,887 times
Of all the schools in OC, I think Middletown has the worst reputation. It's not new. I went to Goshen for a few years, and graduated from Minisink Valley.
O/H is correct though, it is how YOU raise your kids that matters. Exposure to bad stuff in school doesn't make bad kids; poor/absentee parenting makes bad kids.
I came home to NY a couple weeks ago for a snowmobiling trip to upstate. Although I spent 22 years away in the military, and decided NY taxes were too high to move back, I still miss it greatly. Matter of fact, I just spent the past hour on landandfarm.com looking at farms...lol Now I just have to convince my south Texas born wife that NY isn't too cold!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York