Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:48 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times

Advertisements

Family dynamics can be very complicated. And that kind of drama is always difficult. I think the question the OP has to resolve is what is prepared to do in the situation. Until she makes up her mind all the advice in the world will be just that. My heart goes out to the OP and I hope u find the right answers for u.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 11:15 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedd_chickk205 View Post
first off i am indeed NOT a TROLL !

thanks for reading my post ;

i'm currently 18 years of age [ soon to be 19 ] ; currently unemployed && i have no transportation . i just recently found out that after all of the homeschooling that i've been doing these past 3-4 years in order to graduate isn't gonna help me ; i still need to get my ged in order to get into any colleges && to apply for most jobs that won't accept the certificate from my homeschooling program . let me add that i am a good child && a good person ; anyone that knows me will tell you that i'd do anything i can for anyone . i don't ask for much at all ; i recently stopped receiving social security benefits from my father ; whom is deceased .
my father meant the entire world && universe to me ; he passed away in 2003 from gang green ( a very horrible disease that i do not wish on anyone ) . i'm his first born child && there are three of us ( girls ) . instead of exposing names i'm gonna use jana && tanya as my siblings' names ; i'm the oldest ; jana is the middle ; && tanya is the youngest ( she doesn't know she's our sister && whom doesn't live with us ) ; jana && i have lived with our mother since my father passed away ; my mother remarried to a military man && everything was some - what great ; throughout these 7 years we've struggled && struggled . yes , i know everyone struggles but no one has ever been put through the all the pain that i've had to deal with . jana is 16 now && out of control more than ever ; she recently has met this guy ( when she was still 15 ) ; tom is soon to be 23 in july . he has a horrible background && always tries to put everyone else down . this same guy is the one that helped jana get into all over this probation trouble that she is in now ; this mornings' incidents have completely forced my brain && body to really wanna get up && get a job && find my own place ; which i have felt for a very long time ( must i add that i have indeed been searching for employment , but it is extremely hard with the fact that this will be my first job ever && the economy ) my mother constantly complains && gripes about everything she does around here ( which isn't much at all ; sure sometimes she cooks && sometimes she doesn't ; she'll vacuum so my 8 month old nephew can crawl around && play in the living room ; other than that she does just about everything she chooses to do - which is staying in other people's business && gossiping on the phone && always worried about what other people don't do . ) must i add that she is messy ; unemployed && indeed acts like a child ; she likes to be up in all the drama that goes on between jana && i or jana && her boyfriend ( he is very messy also && comes from a very messy family which just adds more fuel to the fire )

back to mom though she constantly complains because my room isn't cleaned or i haven't done this or that ; just little things that don't even need to be complained about ; she likes to sit up on the phone with tanya's mom && complain && cry like she's the only victim . tanya's mother believes just about everything she says because they have been friends ever since my mom met jana , tanya , && my father . also because back in the day during my teenage years i was just a little bit of a complete brat , but i've never been like jana has . i've cursed my mom out repeatedly ( i know it's wrong && my days are numbered ) but sometimes she deserves it because of her childish actions && only do because i try to do nothing but help her understand what she's doing is not right .

this mornings' incident led to lies being told about drugs being in my home that was indeed false ; it went from there to myself exposing the fact that they've ( jana && tom - her boyfriend ) had drugs here which is against her probation ; must i add that she is not to even be around tom which is also against her probation ; also he is not allowed over here && has been doing so anyways .

because of all of those actions that happened jana now chooses to brainwash my mother into kicking sarah ( once jana's bestfriend ) && her 8 month old son out because of accusations being made saying that sarah tried to sleep with tom ; which i don't believe at all because tom is indeed a h* && has being trying to "get with" all of jana's friends while she was locked up . i have witnesses but jana chooses to always believe him .

my mother claims she is christian && goes to church every so often but yet in my eyes she is very much a hypocrite to me [ as well as many of my adult friends ] .

i've been told that i'm very much so bipolar && i don't handle drama very well at all ; i have been very suicidal in the past ( as well as today ) ;

let me add that jana's hatred for sarah is a bunch of horse crap ;

jana says that if anyone makes a call to her p.o. that she's gonna call dhr && have sarah's child taken away from her ; let me add that sarah has also had a long hard life ; both parents are still alive , but she'd received news early in 2009 that she may never have kids ; a few weeks later she found out she was pregnant && her son is her entire world ; she works extremely hard for her son && is currently a single mother at the moment due to her child's father being locked up . sarah hasn't done some of the suicidal thoughts she's been thinking because of her son && i know that this is gonna kill her if her son is taken away .

please help as much as possible .

thank you && god bless you all .
please give me some advice && tell me what i should do ;

Go back to school...break the cycle your family has....Education brings knowledge, knowledge brings power, power brings the world
Let all the adults worry about themselves and you worry about what you need to do..
GoodLuck

Old 10-15-2016, 07:43 PM

708 posts, read 578,148 times
I'm really sorry about your dad, that sucks! I know you miss him, and that won't go away, but you can think in terms of moving in a positive direction, for yourself, and yes, for your dad. Job Corps sounds like a great option and you will gain a ton of experience that way. Also, pending a diagnosis of bipolar disorder (you really might just be very anxious and depressed being in the drama filled environment), you might consider the armed forces. They will help you get a GED, test your aptitude, and make career suggestions and even offer you college. It's not for everyone, but it is an option, and will move you in the right direction. Right now, I just think removing yourself from the drama will do you a world of good. Being in the situation you're in, there has to be a bunch of overthinking and confusion. No one can handle that for any length of time! You are young and it's just too much going on.

Take a deep breath, make a list of some of the suggestions you like on this thread or elsewhere, and concentrate on that. Make calls, ask questions, take notes, and decide what will benefit you and help you get the hell out. Knowledge is power kiddo and that will be your ticket outta there.

Chin up...you can do this!

Old 10-16-2016, 11:19 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
You need remedial work before you'll be ready for college. You desperately need grammar, spelling and writing skills. If you get a job, you might be able to take a GED-track English class. You'll have to pretty much parent yourself, at this point. If you can get your own place somewhere (renting a room in a quiet, stable place), you can apply for Obamacare/Medicaid, and then get a mental health evaluation to see if you're bipolar or not. If you get a diagnosis, you can get treatment. If you get a job with benefits, you'll have health insurance through that.

Do you have any relatives who are sane and stable that you could stay with?

Old 10-16-2016, 01:14 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
OP was about 6 yrs ago? Probably found an answer by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships