Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:34 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times

Advertisements

My adult daughter was always posting how amazing it was to be a mother when I knew her husband did all the parental chores and she just laid around on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 10:48 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Yeap, I share a lot the same FB peeves as you guys. I noticed lately about people posting about their children. I think that some of them are going to be angry at their mothers when they grow up for what they posted to the public internet (which is easier to do so now with the timeline format).

FB relationships have always been a peeve. I feel that a couple does not need the whole world to know that they love each other. Me and my GF only wrote "I love you" on wall-to-wall on Valentine's Day. There are also people who generally must not know the email feature on FB and write eveything on people's walls.

Then, there are those people who write every single detail that no one cares about. I had to unsubscribe to a few people, including one that pretty much did all of the above. She would post a status update like every hour, and would always say "Good night" in her last update of every single night, and every single morning she would post "Good morning".

Oh, and there's those people who complain about their "friends" getting in their business and talking s*** about them on FB.

I pretty much don't care for status updates at all. Only about 1 out 10 of them interest me now. I only post an update on special occasions.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:02 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
yeah the kids thing drives me crazy. I dont have any kids for a reason, so i dont really care if your fugly kid burped for the first time or has a diarhea. I know one chick who posts only about her kids, many times a day. How about the negative nancye/debbie downer type of posters who always get on to whine, ***** or complain about something? How sad.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:04 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Once you realize that Facebook is a perfect way for brands and retailers to market to you via demographics you give them you start to monitor what you put out there. I've cut way back on what I share. I don't include home town, schools, or work info. Do you know that you can get a print out of EVERY status update you have ever posted? Even the ones you deleted.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Why anyone lets their children have a Facebook is beyond me, that is asking for trouble.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:49 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,193 times
yeah ive had friends like that. I hate when they post every 10 minutes about what they are up to.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:35 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Just delete her if you think she is so annoying. There are TWO things that annoy me about facebook.
Well more than that but speaking OT...

1- people who post stuff only to get attention - this is more the moms who are cleavage shot addicts etc.

2 - people that keep people on their friends list when they are annoyed by the friend and who they are.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:12 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
I've since deactivated mine but I had a few facebook "friends" that would clog up my news feed with junk they could've kept to themselves. A former high school crush updated his status ten times a day for quite awhile and he would even broadcast pictures of places he was throughout the day and food he was about to eat. Don't get me started about my cousin, who can't shut his mouth in real life let alone online.

The very nature of facebook makes people want to constantly post updates, pictures, etc. and now I keep hearing about the timeline. The narcissism on facebook is bad enough, I can't imagine how much worse it will get.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 AM

773 posts, read 1,259,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Once you realize that Facebook is a perfect way for brands and retailers to market to you via demographics you give them you start to monitor what you put out there. I've cut way back on what I share. I don't include home town, schools, or work info. Do you know that you can get a print out of EVERY status update you have ever posted? Even the ones you deleted.
Smart!

If you use FB, the less FB knows about you, the better. I rarely post status updates — maybe a couple a week, just to let my friends know that I'm still alive. I try to keep it innocuous and post things like funny stories from The Onion or a funny YouTube video, e.g., "Simon's Cat."

I detest all of this "check in" stuff. I don't want people to know exactly where I am during every hour of the day. Why the heck do people feel compelled to do this?

Old 03-19-2012, 12:50 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times
Quote:
Her status updates often have to do with how she's basically mother of the year.
So why don't you delete her? Problem solved in .02 seconds.

And as an aside, I see countless people with no lives living vicariously through their boring children. Posting status updates about their kids and ignoring themselves. As if anyone cares about their kids and what they do? I mean, catch a clue.

"Took Johnny to the Dentist. He had no cavities!" Wow.... how could anyone LIVE without being privy to this earth-shattering news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships