Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:14 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yeah,well apparently attractive women get jealous of ugly women too.
Let me explain...I'm ugly and don't dress up,but as soon as I do and men start noticing me for a change,guess who gets jealous? The pretty ones.
They don't nayone to take away their shine.

Men get jealous of women too,believe it or not.
If you are turning mens' heads, then you are NOT ugly. Stop saying that about yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 06:03 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,589 times
It is a waste of time to be jealous. There is always going to be someone smarter, better, and prettier.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:11 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,011 times
Well, one thing: Women greatly outnumber men. Any woman seen as "competition" will probably get "the look". If there were more good, available men in the world, there wouldn't be so much jealousy among women.

Just my guess. I have several more guesses, but I'm too busy ignoring the looks/sneers of the females who are soooo jealous of me.

Old 11-21-2021, 12:14 PM

91 posts, read 76,369 times
I would say it stems from an internal lack of self esteem and insecurity. I as a young woman can say that I have projected how I felt about myself into other woman. It’s not easy but that’s the best challenge any young woman can face. It really makes you look deep within yourself and your history with the woman in your lives that are close to you. My perception of woman from a very young age was negative. I’m my childhood years I was getting bullied by girls at my school and my aunt and her daughter for a very long time. Until my mother decided to keep me locked away from my family and created me to be this anti-social person. I still had to go to school and deal with my female bullies until it eventually stopped. Jealousy, insecurity, low self-esteem and depression can turn you into those same woman you hated growing up. I encourage woman who deal with this such as me to start building that relationship with woman. Start loving and accepting WHO YOU ARE and you’ll see how your perception of other woman will Change because how you feel about yourself and how you view yourself is what will show when it comes out to others. Any young woman reading this please get therapy and start healing that little girl inside of you she needs you!

Old 11-21-2021, 01:47 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,664,586 times
Admittedly this has been me. I was average looking but found mates pretty easily. I had a problem meeting and making friends with women though. I assume pretty people live pretty lives and don’t live like me. Don’t have the same issue of being boring with a boring life.

Judge me if you want I don’t care. I’m older now and just saying how it was for me.

As an older person I don’t get intimidated by looks. I actually want to be friends with pretty people my age. I guess I’m done feeling sorry for myself!

Old 11-22-2021, 06:37 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,413 times
You are putting the better-looking woman on a pedestal here, like she doesn't deserve being hated on by the other women--poor thing! That's so one-sided. Don't forget, sometimes attractive women tend to be very snobby towards other women too. They grow up with constant attention because of how attractive they are and they get a real big ego. They don't give a crap about other women, they don't even think about it because they're so busy admiring themselves and loving all the attention they get from men. Maybe if they were nicer/friendlier towards the less attractive women, maybe these women wouldn't be so catty. Case in point--when do you ever see an attractive woman going out of her way to be nice to other women in the room? they don't.

Old 11-22-2021, 02:14 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,422,760 times
I've never been jealous of women who look better than me, as most of them actually are in my opinion. In fact, I can remember a couple of good friends in high school who were model-level gorgeous who I thought very highly of and admired. They were just so very pretty and nice that it was impossible to be jealous of them. They weren't snooty at all either. As far as women in the media who are really pretty, I feel the same way. For one thing, many of them don't look so gorgeous without makeup. But even so, I don't begrudge their good looks because they work darn hard for them. TBH, no matter how hard I worked, I would never achieve that level of good looks, so why be jealous of theirs? I'm content with the looks I have, especially at my age. No one has ever asked me to put a bag over my head yet, and I'm good with that.

Old 11-22-2021, 03:51 PM

735 posts, read 452,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Insecure.
This! Only insecure women would feel that way. I’m a straight woman, have never imagined being with a woman in a romantic way, but I greatly appreciate a woman’s beauty. A hot woman turns my head every time. I often compliment a woman about her look and her outfits when I feel it’s gorgeous. It’s funny because I rarely get that reaction with any man. I have to know a man awhile to appreciate him (more in depth about his personality than his look). One can appreciate beauty without a romantic feeling attached to it.

Old 11-22-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
To be so misguided, not every woman can be "bought", real women don't deal with the kind of crap that comes along with all that nonsense because we have our own money, are quite content with or without a man in our lives, are secure with who we are, how we look and can take care of all of our own needs or desires.
So true!

Old 11-22-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
A man will marry the best looking woman he can afford. Tight butts get rich husbands.

The better looking a woman is, the wealthier (more powerful, more dominant) man she can attract.

That's the reason.
Sorry to bust your bubbles, but smart, sensible men would not marry just a gorgeous woman with no brain. The ones who only go for look only usually end up get cleaned out by those tight as***! Successful and smart men usually marry his equal. I’m not young or super hot anymore, but I’ve never lacked of super successful men (and not old geezers either) pursuing me for marriage. I just don’t want to remarry anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships