Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:36 PM

895 posts, read 1,704,184 times

Advertisements

My family and I recently spent a couple nights in Lake Tahoe as part of our last family vacation before i head off to college. We thankfully were able to stay in a friends cabin for free as a result of networking on my Dads part. However, the cabin owner and his wife, both quite gregarious people, made their way out from Sacramento to have dinner with us. My parents and the owners are both in their 50s/60s, so obviously this did not make for a very vibrant evening on my behalf. The evening soon became a melting pot of retiree nostalgia, and my fathers people pleasing, mildly boisterous friend was the ring leader of if all. I sat there staring into space as I listened to mindless banter about hedonism, which seems to be the number one agenda for retirees. Wake up, play golf, go out to eat, repeat.
Anyway, I suppose this evening of sentimentality caused my parents erotic juices to start flowing. As I ascended up the stairs of the cabin to go to bed after the seemingly never ending dinner was over, I was ready to catch up on some much needed R & R. About twenty minutes later I heard my parents walking down the hallway towards their room.
The acoustics in this cabin did not allow for privacy of any sort, and therefore I had the privilege of listening to my parents getting hot and heavy. Honesty, I could have been sitting outside the door and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Before I knew it, heavy, sporadic breathing came booming from the bedroom and my eyes bugged out of my head. I tried to convince myself that it was the owners dog, but then the sound was accompanied by the shaking of the mattress and the low, drawn out groans of my father.
I layed there in horror as I listened to my parents fornicating for several minutes. I was genuienly revolted by this because of how incredibly vivid the experience was. It is not even remotely my business what my parents do behind closed doors and frankly I thought they rarely engaged in this activity anymore. My Dad is turning 64 in a few months and the thought of him "getting down" is disturbing. I genuinely wished I had been spared of this disturbance because now I have that image woven into my head for the time being. Good riddance.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times

You are lucky and blessed to have parents who still like and love one another enough to be physically intimate - TO MAKE LOVE to one another.

Get over yourself.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
My family and I recently spent a couple nights in Lake Tahoe as part of our last family vacation before i head off to college. We thankfully were able to stay in a friends cabin for free as a result of networking on my Dads part. However, the cabin owner and his wife, both quite gregarious people, made their way out from Sacramento to have dinner with us. My parents and the owners are both in their 50s/60s, so obviously this did not make for a very vibrant evening on my behalf. The evening soon became a melting pot of retiree nostalgia, and my fathers people pleasing, mildly boisterous friend was the ring leader of if all. I sat there staring into space as I listened to mindless banter about hedonism, which seems to be the number one agenda for retirees. Wake up, play golf, go out to eat, repeat.
Anyway, I suppose this evening of sentimentality caused my parents erotic juices to start flowing. As I ascended up the stairs of the cabin to go to bed after the seemingly never ending dinner was over, I was ready to catch up on some much needed R & R. About twenty minutes later I heard my parents walking down the hallway towards their room.
The acoustics in this cabin did not allow for privacy of any sort, and therefore I had the privilege of listening to my parents getting hot and heavy. Honesty, I could have been sitting outside the door and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Before I knew it, heavy, sporadic breathing came booming from the bedroom and my eyes bugged out of my head. I tried to convince myself that it was the owners dog, but then the sound was accompanied by the shaking of the mattress and the low, drawn out groans of my father.
I layed there in horror as I listened to my parents fornicating for several minutes. I was genuienly revolted by this because of how incredibly vivid the experience was. It is not even remotely my business what my parents do behind closed doors and frankly I thought they rarely engaged in this activity anymore. My Dad is turning 64 in a few months and the thought of him "getting down" is disturbing. I genuinely wished I had been spared of this disturbance because now I have that image woven into my head for the time being. Good riddance.

Meanwhile, Dad is remembering when he first saw his lady, in a white linen summer dress, the hair flowing over her shoulders, the twinkle in her eyes, and the smile on her face as she looked on the man she loves with that, "Come hither." gaze. ... And he was thinking, "OH, HELLS YEAH!"

Parents had/have sex. Be glad they still love each other enough to do this, and that they aren't sniping at each other for bogarting the Geritol or the Fiber One.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Oh gosh, the horrors of the reality your folks still have sex

Grow up.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:42 PM

677 posts, read 1,194,371 times
Disgusting.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,159,216 times
Don't you have headphones?

I have news for you, 64 is YOUNG. I've worked in senior homes where the action is so ceaseless it would put college dorms to shame, and I am talking about people in their 80s and 90s, with dementia, in wheelchairs, etc.

You know what, you kids have a lot to learn. And I mean in every possible way.

Wait. I have no idea what age the OP might be. They might be 12 or 13. At that age, that would be weird.

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
At the very first squeek of the bed, you should have quickly exited the cabin and taken a long walk in the woods. Your fault that you stuck around... I am happy that your parents are still enjoying themselves though. You are lucky they have such a great relationship - better than having to overhear your parents screaming hateful things at each other IMO.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:46 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
Wow, I thought the thread about the kid who was surprised he got whupped by his sister was funny. This one tops that hands down. Comedy gold!

OP, how do you think you got here? LMAO! Grow up. And next time you go away with them, bring earplugs.

Remember this feeling in college. Your roommate will appreciate it when you are thinking about bringing a date back to your room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Wait. I have no idea what age the OP might be. They might be 12 or 13. At that age, that would be weird.
The OP said he/she is about to head of to college in the fall.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:46 PM

Wait, 64. Then the OP might be an adult who realize that sex doesn't stop when you get wrinkles.
Disregard post above.

There's snow on the roof but a fire in the hearth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships