Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 10:09 AM

645 posts, read 1,452,121 times

Advertisements

So today my friend went off on me because I told him that I noticed something
That made me really like/love our President. I never hated him I just didnt care for him as a President & Im entitled
To my opinion.

So my friend goes off on me like yea u were such a hater u said all these mean things about him
And now u like him see how u are you so bipolar u always changing your mind blah blah
I said calm down why are u getting so emotional about the whole thing and insulting me so he rushes
Off the phone after I tried to talk to him about why I changed my mind.

Do u think my friend needs help becuz this conversation went crazy. Not to mention he changes women like the seasons (I use to show how he switches up alot too)maybe he's projecting his own self hate on me??

What say u?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
I say he is ridiculous. Regardless of topic, it's a GOOD thing to be open-minded rather than rigid in thinking, IMO she is the one who sounds bipolar (they are usually very rigid and inflexible).

Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
So today my friend went off on me because I told him that I noticed something
That made me really like/love our President. I never hated him I just didnt care for him as a President & Im entitled
To my opinion.

So my friend goes off on me like yea u were such a hater u said all these mean things about him
And now u like him see how u are you so bipolar u always changing your mind blah blah
I said calm down why are u getting so emotional about the whole thing and insulting me so he rushes
Off the phone after I tried to talk to him about why I changed my mind.

Do u think my friend needs help becuz this conversation went crazy. Not to mention he changes women like the seasons (I use to show how he switches up alot too)maybe he's projecting his own self hate on me??

What say u?
Apparently you "T'd" him off before about him being "Bi-polar" and now he threw it back in your face.

Pick your friends better is all I can say.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:39 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
discussing american politics will do that to people

Old 08-05-2013, 12:21 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Do either of you even know the president?..How "crazy" you BOTH are acting...sounds like you both need a little "time out" from each other as you seem to be actually looking for things to fight about...we had an old friend waaaay back. He told us to stay away from topics that had to do with the 3 P's...politicians, priests, and pimps. He was very wise.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:25 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
this ^^^^

Old 08-05-2013, 12:38 PM

645 posts, read 1,452,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
But why though?

And No we do not know the President thats why I was trying to
Calm him down it wasnt worth arguing over.

What I wanted to discuss with him about Obama had nothing to do with Politcs more like
A spiritual observation & a good one too.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
But why though?

What I wanted to discuss with him about Obama had nothing to do with Politcs more like
A spiritual observation & a good one too.
Some people are very passionate about politics. It's not that unusual. I have friends that I know we just have to avoid politics all together because we'll both get really upset.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:47 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
I have some relatives where I know it is not worth talking at all about politics. It is their way or the highway. I think Obama is particularly polarizing too... he could cure cancer and his detractors would hate him for it.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:54 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
But why though?

The anger stems from a sense of feeling powerless. Sometimes, people don't feel our government reflects our values.

If a person is angry at Obama and comments, a person who is not angry at Obama owes it to the commenter to respond in a civil manner. Attacking those who are opposed to a point of view is much different than attacking the substance of the point of view.

Just read some of the comments on Political/ other Controversy forum, that place is a war zone. I stopped going there a long time ago. Lost long time friends because of different political views. I can pretty much walk away if discussion gets too intense, the only way to get me work up is bashing military and our troop. I can care less about other topic.

You need special skills and extra thick skin if you want to discuss politics with your friends. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships