Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 07:48 PM

268 posts, read 481,065 times

Advertisements

I tell you what.... if I were your potential client and you sent me a cookie basket or an edible whatever, I wouldn't take you seriously and would assume you don't know how to take care of clients the way a client would want to be taken care of.

Edible cookie fruit basket..... Are we in kindergarten?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,832,110 times
I have looked into giving those Edible Arrangements but never have but I always felt these cookie or edible arrangements are more geared to women. I don't mean to sound sexist. I just feel they are given as gifts for the cute factor and less so for the taste. I think more women would find it cute then men. I could be wrong though.
I think Harry and David has a variety of nice gift baskets that people seem to like.
Really at the end of the day it is the thought that counts too.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:34 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,089,197 times
Go buy a nice card,write a nice message and add a stack of Magazines with a variety of subjects: Country Farmer, Bicycle, Cooking, Real Estate, Cars, Wood working or Finance--things which are varied, generally not too main stream, and which take the mind and soul to places not usually explored but which are salve for the body and soul during the healing process.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,427,482 times
These days a torn meniscus is like having your tonsils out.

You say you're already having a tough time bringing this client on board; overselling yourself by sending him something over a trivial accident might just irritate him enough not to close the deal at all.

Just something to think about. Good luck.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,438,375 times
Gift idea to send to potential client who hurt his leg?

Roller Skates

Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,994,471 times
You must have some idea of what generation he is from. Candy would be cool, unless he's diabetic!

I was born in the 70's...and this would rock my world if someone sent this!

'70s Gift Box with Nostalgic Candy

Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,994,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobBarley View Post
I tell you what.... if I were your potential client and you sent me a cookie basket or an edible whatever, I wouldn't take you seriously and would assume you don't know how to take care of clients the way a client would want to be taken care of.

Edible cookie fruit basket..... Are we in kindergarten?
May be true, but if I were the client, and I was called during my recovery, to check on the status of a sale I would be way more annoyed. A small something to show that you wish the client well isn't a bad thing. The sale is either going to happen or not. A small gift just shows consideration.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:46 AM

268 posts, read 481,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
May be true, but if I were the client, and I was called during my recovery, to check on the status of a sale I would be way more annoyed. A small something to show that you wish the client well isn't a bad thing. The sale is either going to happen or not. A small gift just shows consideration.
The status of a sale?

I'm talking about being sent an edible arrangement as opposed to being sent a bottle of bourbon.. not the staus of the deal/sale.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:02 AM

658 posts, read 1,554,962 times
Give him a swimsuit and write a note saying, "good luck, BOB!"

Old 09-06-2013, 04:10 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,328,339 times
Why not just a sincere, hand-written note on your personal (not business) stationery saying you have heard he had an accident and you wish him a speedy recovery. He's smart enough to know you can expense a gift. I'd be much more impressed with something that took your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships