Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:52 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
As others have said, it's a MOVIE. That's like me being mad at my husband because he doesn't gaze at me like Captain Von Trappe gazes at Maria in The Sound of Music. (Which I was, for a while....)

There's nothing wrong with being described as a hard worker who loves animals. In fact, I think that's a pretty glowing description. I told my husband the other day that at my eulogy I want someone to say, "she worked her a** off." And loving dogs also says you're compassionate, caring and put others' needs before your own.

In any case, it's not fair to compare your husband's comments to something an actor said in a movie. It's just unrealistic.
Great post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 10:33 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
HEY!
No dogging on that movie.
It has been the best Hallmark Saturday night xmas movie so far!
The rest have been pretty terrible.

Btw, I told my wife about the game and we're gonna play it this xmas with my family.

Well curiosity had me and I spent 90 min of my precious life watching that movie on Youtube last night. First of all kudos to any man who could sit through the first half. Kind of hard to see how she didn't immediately see through the evil first fiancee the first ten minutes of the movie. The second movie fiancee, the good guy, does not exist in real life. If I am wrong, I am first in line.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:17 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Well curiosity had me and I spent 90 min of my precious life watching that movie on Youtube last night. First of all kudos to any man who could sit through the first half. Kind of hard to see how she didn't immediately see through the evil first fiancee the first ten minutes of the movie. The second movie fiancee, the good guy, does not exist in real life. If I am wrong, I am first in line.
Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

No kidding...none of these people exist in real life.

Actually, my friend's husband (I call him my secret boyfriend) is very close to these tv "too good to be true" guys.

He is a DPS officer. A hero. Like literally put his life on the line. He's handsome. He's all muscly and fit. He is so kind and generous. To anyone. To us. To strangers. So polite. My god, he's polite. He is terribly funny. Great corny sense of humor. What a GREAT cook this guy is. He does all the cooking and the cleaning in the house. Loves dogs? Omg, yes. When my friend with MS couldn't take care of her dog, he took the dog. Like he didn't even know her. His wife (my friend - well, hell, they are both my friends now) just overheard me talking on the phone with my friend with MS and said, "We will take the dog."
Now the dog vacations there whenever my friend has a relapse or has to leave town for work. When he came over to our house during his lunch break to install our car seats for us (HE OFFERED!), he was broken-hearted that our dog wouldn't love up on him at first.
He worships his wife and raised his wife's daughter from her first marriage. No kids of their own. Dotes on her and her daughter.
He is simply AMAZING.

But you are right...you can't get one of these guys cuz someone would have snapped him up like my friend did. Every day she says she is so lucky and we are like, "Dude, Julie, no kidding."

Old 12-17-2013, 11:53 AM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I know you guys would set me right

PS - He's really a good guy too.
He might just ASSUME some of the things you were hoping he would say are "givens", so he picked "hard-working" and "loves your animals" thinking they were exceptionally complimentary! It's not too surprising your son had different responses - it's a different relationship. Sounds like you have a great hubby AND a great son.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:39 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
High-strung, wired, excitable, temperamental, shy, antisocial, workaholic.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:49 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
I would answer the question with a question: what is my reward? If it doesn't satisfy me then I won't answer.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:50 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
The older you get the less you care how others see you. You know who loves you and that is all that matters.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:35 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile Not sure about that

Still important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships