Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 10:58 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,713,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Probably not any nastier than accusing someone of insurance fraud like you did a few posts up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Where did I do that? What post number?

Oh wait. I didn't.
Sure you did. Right here.

Quote:
...Quick true story: About 7-8 years ago, a client gave me keys so I could paint the entire inside of their house while they were on vacation (this is not uncommon.) When we pulled a chest of drawers away from the wall in the master bedroom, we found what I assumed was a piece of costume jewelry ring because it had a seriously big rock stuck between the drawers and the wall. We left it sitting on the chest of drawers and it turns out it was a diamond engagement ring worth $16,000 (insurance value) that the homeowners assumed had gotten lost ten years ago and collected insurance for.

You better believe they never retracted their insurance claim! The wealthy, or somewhat-wealthy, are plenty crooked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 11:27 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Sure you did. Right here.
You are really, really reaching.
But if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
What do think you accused them of if not insurance fraud? You said the "wealthy are plenty crooked." What term do you use for what you describe in that post? It's your story, not mine.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:

They're not "reaching", that is exactly what you said.

If you want to be perceived as being an honest person, than why deny what you wrote?

Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
They're not "reaching", that is exactly what you said.

If you want to be perceived as being an honest person, than why deny what you wrote?
Because there is a serious and significant qualitative (you may need to look that big word up; it's OK, we will wait) difference between making a generic and non-specific accusation against unknown persons, and making a targeted, specific accusation against a known person?

Just a wild-assed guess.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Because there is a serious and significant qualitative (you may need to look that big word up; it's OK, we will wait) difference between making a generic and non-specific accusation against unknown persons, and making a targeted, specific accusation against a known person?

Just a wild-assed guess.
They are known to you. That they are unknown to us is irrelevant with respect to whether or not you accused them of fraud. You most certainly did and we've all read it.

And there is always the possibility that, if the story is true, they could come to the forum, read your post, recognize the story, and realize that you accused them of insurance fraud. Then it would not longer be a "generic and non specific accusation against an unknown person," would it? As though that ever mattered.

After watching you try to weasel your way out of this one, I wonder why we should believe the other things you wrote here. It seems to be that you are hurting your own credibility with these useless denials of what you wrote about these people.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 990 times
My friend has a home health care business and one of her employees is being accused of stealing jewelry and money from a 86 year old woman. The employee says she is innocent. The client has no proof that anything was taken from her home. She wants my friend to pay her $1,000 for services rendered. Does the 86 year old have a case. Or is she just,looking to make a buck.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules96 View Post
My friend has a home health care business and one of her employees is being accused of stealing jewelry and money from a 86 year old woman. The employee says she is innocent. The client has no proof that anything was taken from her home. She wants my friend to pay her $1,000 for services rendered. Does the 86 year old have a case. Or is she just,looking to make a buck.
Does your friend require that her employees be bonded, and does she have insurance?

Old 05-26-2015, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,795 times
When Christy Lewis falsely accused me of stealing her money I wanted to kill her.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:59 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,860 times
How awful. Sorry you are going through that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships