Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I'd go to races and fishing.. not so much the rest. what do you think of flea markets?
I like them! Even better if it is a gun show!LOL.......... We are pretty hard guys and have a lot of fun. We all work hard and play hard. Oh yeah, and we like tunes like this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leB_WxNjN0M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Yes, but only if there is no crazy sexual attraction going on. If the connection is more akin to a brother and sister, then friendship is a piece of cake. If one person (or both) wants to jump the other person's bones. . . there will usually be some sort of issues down the road.

I know that I cannot just be good friends with guys that I am strongly attracted to. My imagination is too vivid and strong lol.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:44 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Can guys be friends? Sure, but no matter what they are always thinking about it. And missymomof3...believe me you're guy friends are thinking about it. For sure.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Can guys be friends? Sure, but no matter what they are always thinking about it. And missymomof3...believe me you're guy friends are thinking about it. For sure.
I don't care if my guy friends think naughty thoughts about me, just as long as they don't act on them. Once the friendship turns awkward, it's a challenge to return to that peaceful, platonic stage.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:21 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Yeeeah! Let's be friends. OK! Time to play human Lego!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:54 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Default Can men and women just be friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
..........and in addition I don't even find them attractive.
If they could "just be friends", the divorce rate wouldn't be nearly 50% with many more extremely dissatisfied.

Because they usually can't be friends, women look for other things that men either have or never will have.

The "never will have" guys are ultimately so happy that they overcome the extreme unhappiness of the divorced men and this makes men, as a group, happier on average than women. This further depresses women.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:14 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Sure, guys can be friends. I have several guys that are my buddies, nothing else. Do they think about "it"? Some do, some not. Those who do know better to not jeopardy the friendship with me, because they would loose the friendship and gain… nothing. I don’t “play” with my friends, and I am not the one who says NO but think “maybe” .

Old 01-21-2010, 12:47 AM

85 posts, read 227,138 times
I won't be really close friends with female friends that I am really attracted to. Most guys will probably tell you the same thing. Having said that, I do enjoy the company of quite of few females friends.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
As of now I just want friends but it seems most men won't understand this.

I already had to reject two men I would see on a previous job. Basically all we did was talk and flirt a bit, but they took it the wrong way and started talking to me as if I was their girlfriend. They went to the point of overly calling me baby or ''I love you's'' blah... blah.... I know what they were getting to..

Now I'm friends with this other co-worker but I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way either. Can't they for one second see us as friends only? I'm really not interest in relationships nor dating, just a regular talk and hang-up.. same as I would do with female friends and in addition I don't even find then attractive.

short answer, yes.

I have quite a few female friends that I dont want anything from them except friendship.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:17 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Quote:
As of now I just want friends but it seems most men won't understand this.

I already had to reject two men I would see on a previous job. Basically all we did was talk and flirt a bit, but they took it the wrong way and started talking to me as if I was their girlfriend. They went to the point of overly calling me baby or ''I love you's'' blah... blah.... I know what they were getting to..

Now I'm friends with this other co-worker but I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way either. Can't they for one second see us as friends only? I'm really not interest in relationships nor dating, just a regular talk and hang-up.. same as I would do with female friends and in addition I don't even find then attractive.
You can only be friends where there's no attraction between the two of you. If one likes the other then it's doomed from the start. Leading them on by flirting and being a tease is your mistake and this mess is all your own doing. Stop plying them for attention & validation and you'll have better relationships with men in the future. If you're the type of woman I suspect, I suggest giving this a read and this one as well (http://www.the-spearhead.com/2010/01/12/eternal-solipsism-of-the-female-mind/ - broken link).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships