Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 08:12 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Aunt 936 View Post
I am willing to have her here with me. The step brother admits to touching her breasts 3 years ago. She is the only female in the house other that her mom. She has a step sister that lived there at the time she said she was raped, and 1 of instances she claims the step sister was right next to her in bed as it happened. This is one of instances I referred to as not making any sense. How the heck would that happen and she not notice her sister being raped by her brother? I just don't understand it.

Regardless of what really happened, my niece needs help.
There could me multiple reasons:

He did the same to the sister.
The sister doesn't like your niece.
He threatened the sister.
The sister likes the brother more than the niece and covers for him.
The sister doesn't want to stir up trouble in the family.
The sister slept.
She noticed but didn't realize what was going on and forgot.
She thought they just "cuddle".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 AM

155 posts, read 189,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Headed for disaster? She is in disaster. Her mother doesn't protect her. The family is against her. Why are you surprised? If were you I'd get her out of there and raise her in a healthy environment.
I'm not surprised, I don't have any legal ground to remove her from the home!!!!!!! There is NO SUPPORT FROM CPS OR POLICE OFFICIALS. My sister isn't going to be like, yea sure take her with you. I don't believe her to be connected right upstairs if you know what I mean.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:59 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
It sounds to me that the girl is lying. IF she is, I also feel bad for the brother.

The girl is on a roller coaster down hill. How are her grades at school? Kids make tons of dumb decisions. If a teen can keep up really good grades, as long as they do not become 1) pregnant or 2) arressted, they can come back from many / most dumb decisions.

Take her out to lunch. Let her know that her entire life, her future, is at a crossroads. It's time to grow up.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 AM

712 posts, read 2,146,289 times
Quote:
What can my sister do to control this girl? Can I help in any way? I'm just at a loss.......
It seems highly unlikely that will happen..

I'm not telling you to give up.. but these people are set on their paths of pain and rebellion etc.

Quote:
Can I help in any way?
Yah, you can help.. you be the one showing others how to behave by being the example.. by unconditionally loving you so much you are the example.. and also when you unconditionally love you.. you radiate unconditional love for others as well.. thus leaving behind the old games of "conditional love" which is a sucky game

Old 03-07-2014, 10:46 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
I completely understand what everyone here is saying. Child protective service did become involved and in talking with her, they dismissed the case and claimed it to be "unfounded". The whole family was supposed to go today to be interview by the detective handling the case. He had called last night stating he assigned to another case and their investigation would be postponed.

I can't say my sister doesn't have issues, that would be unrealistic. But my niece is more important, and my sister doesn't wish to hear what anyone else has to say unless they are agreeing with her logic of the situation. She has been documenting my niece's faults since she was 12 and never lets the past go for her to be able to move on. She keeps these documents (facebook posts, text messages, her personal diary's that she USED to keep). To use as proof that she has been out of control for a long time.

I'm the sitting in the background and hearing all of this, and saying to myself "WHAT THE H IS GOING ON HERE!"

Child protective services won't touch the case, and the police, well apparently it's not worth their time. With no support from them, I haven't a leg to stand on legally.

Go back and reread what you wrote in this post. Your sister doesn't want to hear anything unless people agree with her, and has been documenting your niece's faults for the last 3 years.

How about the actions of her stepsons?

Your sister sounds more concerned about her marriage to this man, than her own child.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Go back and reread what you wrote in this post. Your sister doesn't want to hear anything unless people agree with her, and has been documenting your niece's faults for the last 3 years.

How about the actions of her stepsons?

Your sister sounds more concerned about her marriage to this man, than her own child.

My niece is the only one I know of that my sister actually has documents on. I'm assuming later in life she WILL regret these actions, as my niece just learned of it 3 days ago. She wrote me a note and handed it to me at the bus stop in the early morning. I'm very concerned about her note, as it refers to her feeling the need to cut herself again.

I know showing it to my sister will only cause my niece more trouble at home, and possibly cause the reaction by my sister to no longer allow her to communicate with me. Which is not an option. I have however discussed the note with my mom in confidence, as to what I do about it. I didn't have any helpful from her.

My sister does not understand she is losing her daughter forever. She is creating a hateful relationship and my niece will ultimately despise her. I'm glad my niece feels comfortable in talking to me, but I don't feel as though we get to talk frequently enough for it to be helpful to her.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:41 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
My niece is the only one I know of that my sister actually has documents on. I'm assuming later in life she WILL regret these actions, as my niece just learned of it 3 days ago. She wrote me a note and handed it to me at the bus stop in the early morning. I'm very concerned about her note, as it refers to her feeling the need to cut herself again.

I know showing it to my sister will only cause my niece more trouble at home, and possibly cause the reaction by my sister to no longer allow her to communicate with me. Which is not an option. I have however discussed the note with my mom in confidence, as to what I do about it. I didn't have any helpful from her.

My sister does not understand she is losing her daughter forever. She is creating a hateful relationship and my niece will ultimately despise her. I'm glad my niece feels comfortable in talking to me, but I don't feel as though we get to talk frequently enough for it to be helpful to her.
Take that note to the police and get a social worker involved. Threats to hurt herself is grounds to step in.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:59 PM

Will they commit her?

Old 03-07-2014, 01:20 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
In most states, people who engage in repetitive non-lethal self harm (like cutting) do NOT get committed to psych hospitals. This was a positive change in the mental health system.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:51 PM

New update, as of today in talking with my sister, they are considering sending my niece to a military boarding school. I like this idea, as I think it will give her structure, discipline, and out of that house (which I think is what she needs most of all!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships