Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
I'm annoyed when someone asks me a question, then gets distracted when I try to answer, then looks back at me with a blank stare and says ".....HUH?"
My mother does this a million times a day.. she desperately needs a hearing aide but refuses to get one so basically everything I say, I have to say twice. "HUH ?" "HUH?" "HUH?!?"

I hear that a thousand times a day. Seriously beginning to HATE that word lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 10:34 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,227,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I hate hate hate the obnoxious way some people talk nowadays.

There's "uptalking", which is raising the pitch of your voice at the end of every sentence, making it sound like a question. There's also another phenomenon that I don't have a name or a word for, but I'm sure one must exist...and that is when you raise the pitch of your voice mid-sentence and keep it there for a few words, then drop the pitch towards the end of the sentence. It sounds smug and obnoxious.
^^^That! What is annoying is that there are adults 30 & over who talk like this as well customer
service reps or professionals (with a Masters degree). Geez, I had high school students who sounded
more mature.
Also, people who;
text while driving
text while walking (came close to falling down or running into someone or something)
people who are walking down the street and will say HI, and I think it's directed at me but they are on
their cell phone.
Cell phone users in public announcing details that should be kept private (if you know what I mean)
people who decide to open their car doors (drivers side) when there is heavy traffic
people who block an isle with their cart and just don't care.
baggers who place glass or canned goods on top of my bread, bananas, crackers etc...
people who think and act like they know everything
people who think they are pioneers, unique or special when it comes to things our parents, grandparents and generations before us did.
parents who let their children run around a restaurant and nearly knock patrons or servers down
(got a few kicks in the legs by these kids).
Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:03 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,308,341 times
People who give unsolicited advice and/or opinions on what I'm wearing, eating, driniking, etc. If I want your ****** opinion, I would ask for it So KYFMS

Old 04-18-2014, 02:16 PM

260 posts, read 337,789 times
- People who talk during a movie or TV show and miss half the show because they are making stupid comments. Then they ask you questions that they would've known the answer to had they kept quiet.
- Spitting. Do this in private. Makes me gag.
- Throwing lit cigarettes out of car windows. Like smoking isn't bad enough - now you have to litter or start a fire?
- People who litter.
- People who say "like" every other word or finish every sentence with "you know what I'm sayin'?".
- Drivers who just have to pull out in front of you and cut you off and then proceed to go under the speed limit.
- Parents who can't control their children and/or see them doing something obnoxious and not stop them.
- People who leave bathroom stalls a mess. Do you live like that at home too? Gross.
- People who ask your advice about something and then when it's not what they want to hear - they argue about it with you.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:30 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times
I hate it when girls use the word "like" about 5 times in a sentence. "So, like, I like kinda like this guy, but I don't know if I like him, you know?' and end a sentence as if it were a question! Another thing that really bugs me is when girls are talking and they're practically flailing their arms around. Last month my daughter came home from college and she was hanging out with a few of her friends and they were ALL doing it. Drove me nuts, especially when they were talking to me. I can say I have never seen guys do it, why do girls?

Old 04-18-2014, 03:38 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,359 times
Hell, I just hate people in general due to no special reason, other than having to share my space and time with them. In my world, I repeatedly find that some animal are actually smarter than some of my co-workers!

Old 04-18-2014, 04:57 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Another one for me is people who act like eating is such a shameful thing to do. I'm talking about the people who while reluctantly eating, will provide a running commentary on the fat and calorie content and complain the entire time they are eating. These are the same people who will go to buffets and potlucks with a group and spend a long time deciding what they want and going on an about why they shouldn't eat something. I agree that overeating is bad, but some people seem to think al eating is bad. Getting fat is a First World problem.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
Another one for me is people who act like eating is such a shameful thing to do. I'm talking about the people who while reluctantly eating, will provide a running commentary on the fat and calorie content and complain the entire time they are eating. These are the same people who will go to buffets and potlucks with a group and spend a long time deciding what they want and going on an about why they shouldn't eat something. I agree that overeating is bad, but some people seem to think al eating is bad. Getting fat is a First World problem.
Agreed. I eat anything that doesn't eat me first!

Old 04-19-2014, 02:01 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
men who adjust their balls in public.
HAHAHA!

I do this one, I will admit. But I try to do it very covertly.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:09 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
People who feel the need to stand 1 centimeter away from you when there's 5 feet of empty space on the elevator and train.
This one annoys me too, but only slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
People that are just clueless about their surroundings e.g. someone in supermarket aisle with their cart blocking 1/2 the aisle and their body blocking the other 1/2 standing there reading a label.

People that whip out several lottery tickets and have the cashier check them holding up the line...wtf, the numbers are broadcast on TV, they are available online and in the newspaper, not to mention there are printouts at most cash registers they sell the tickets at.
Yes, definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaCat View Post
- Throwing lit cigarettes out of car windows. Like smoking isn't bad enough - now you have to litter or start a fire?
OK. I used to do this too. But I don't smoke anymore. I can easily see how smoking would annoy a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships