Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 03:31 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,206,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Call the dude's wife and see what she's up to that weekend.
Ha! Then invite her to meet up with you there. Should make for a lot of entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 04:06 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,736,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
I always said, women are smarter then men, some of the few reasons why, I am a successful guy, lol. The ladies gave you good sound advice, be honest with your gf and tell her, you we're looking forward to a nice quiet get away with her and like one of the posters said, you feel uncomfortable being a third wheel.

Knight
Actually, I gave good advice and I am a guy.

I think it is awesome that the "girl friend" is taking a weekend with a married guy. Knowing he is married.

Sorry, but I do, I hope she is smokin hot!

But that is her business and not yours. Don't validate or be party to her poor behavior.

Women behaving poorly....OMG!!!!!

Old 06-20-2014, 04:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post

I think it is awesome that the "girl friend" is taking a weekend with a married guy. Knowing he is married.

But that is her business and not yours. Don't validate or be party to her poor behavior.

I'm curious - why do you think it's so awesome?

Maybe one day your smokin' hot wife will do the same to you. Will you think it's so awesome then?

Old 06-20-2014, 07:05 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
A good friend would not have put you in this position. I understand you maybe concerned about losing the friendship, but you should ask yourself, "Do I really want to be friends with some one with questionable morals and character?" She's sleeping with a married man--not really my kind of person.

Exactly, this isn't a friend.

And as the old saying goes "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

Old 06-20-2014, 07:09 PM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I would maybe ask to see how the married boy friends wife feels about the situation and if she is OK with it then you are OK with it as well.
GREAT idea! Perfect!

Old 06-20-2014, 07:14 PM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Call the dude's wife and see what she's up to that weekend.
There you go. Hang with the wife of the married man. Sounds like she'll be free to hang out with. lol. Sounds like Vegas is about to get a lot more interesting if that's even possible.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:57 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,415,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post

I could care less if your Klingon, Just talking facts from my time before yours, young trooper.

Knight

Old 06-20-2014, 08:15 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Assumptions run amuck. Is it not sufficient that your opinion may not be that of others?

That's rudely harsh and judgmental in and of itself. Why are you taking this issue so personally and getting yourself all wound up about it? Such moral outrage!

I'm not so sure you do agree with stan4 as the second sentence contradicts that poster's opinion.
How is it an opinion that the topic would once again arise?

That is not an opinion. It is a prediction.

I am wound up bc we have taken tolerance so far that we tolerate *anything*...which is fine until you realize that your standards for who you choose to be friends with is in the toilet.

Silence is not only consent, but it makes you complicit in the behavior.

Agree on the last point.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:20 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,347,175 times
Just tell her how you feel and if she's a true friend, she'll understand.
If she doesn't understand, you need to ask yourself why you need friends like her.
Free your mind ! Life's too short to wallow in misery.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:10 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,166,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Now I really don't want to go anymore and I know she will be disappointed, but it just isn't a situation that I want to put myself in.
That's exactly what you should tell her: that you disagree with the situation. It sounds like a recipe for drama, and I don't blame you for wanting to avoid drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships