Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,126,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
I have a relative with a sever drinking problem that will get drunk once a week and binge-drunk-post on FB for hours. It's all jumbled words that are semi incoherent, about the meaning of life, political conspiracies, guns, and jesus. One huge run-on sentence with no punctuation sometimes takes up half the screen...No one ever comments, he's like the elephant in the room and no one knows what to do.
One of my relatives did this last year right before Christmas. Some of the people in the family hadn't talked to him in years and then all of a sudden this bizarre and incomprehensible post shows up. Several people, including me, blocked him. I have unblocked him since then after having a talk about how inappropriate that was. It hasn't happened again. Maybe show him the post when he is sober and talk about how family feels about this behavior. If that doesn't work, I would hide him from your feed or block him.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I deleted two people that I knew for a long time. One posted a picture portraying President Obama as a monkey, and the other one used racial stereotypes to mock the President. To me, if you disagree with the President on a certain issue, well, anyone can disagree. However, going on tirades, especially racial ones, well, that was just heartbreaking for me. Being a Black person who has White friends, I would not post such things on facebook, period. For this reason, it was a shock to see some people that I knew do this. Deleted them, haven't had any contact with them ever since. To me, if you are going to be like that on facebook, you will probably act like that in real life, and therefore all trust is gone.
I never posted my feelings about Obama because I know 95% of my FB friends feel differently.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:15 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I never posted my feelings about Obama because I know 95% of my FB friends feel differently.
I've never posted about any President because all it would invite is alot of histrionics. It seems like many people are of such a mentality as to want to be negative and belligerent on FB.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:26 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
This one doesn't annoy me. It just makes me a little bit sad that a couple of people I know, who seem to be of average intelligence, will post that today is the first time in 129 years that there have been 5 Fridays in August, or the first time in 84 years there have been two months with 5 Saturdays during a year, and that these things will not happen again for an extraordinarily long time. The Chinese do not call this phenomenon "Money Bags" and you will not get money unexpectedly by sharing this status. The really sad thing is that these people will post "lucky" things over and over again.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:45 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
This one doesn't annoy me. It just makes me a little bit sad that a couple of people I know, who seem to be of average intelligence, will post that today is the first time in 129 years that there have been 5 Fridays in August, or the first time in 84 years there have been two months with 5 Saturdays during a year, and that these things will not happen again for an extraordinarily long time. The Chinese do not call this phenomenon "Money Bags" and you will not get money unexpectedly by sharing this status. The really sad thing is that these people will post "lucky" things over and over again.
I hate those things. They are nothing more than click bait designed to get you on a spam list. What idiots fall for this stuff?

Old 09-26-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I hate those things. They are nothing more than click bait designed to get you on a spam list. What idiots fall for this stuff?
I hate these things too. It's basically spamming your friends. That is just wrong. I also hate the ones that imply that if you don't repost it, you don't love your family, are not a Christian, are not patriotic, or ..fill in the blank. Just. Yuck. But people keep sending these, so they live on the internet forever.

Old 09-26-2014, 04:50 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Believe it or not, I have seen people make a post asking any of their friends for a ride somewhere or asking to borrow some money. lol

Old 09-26-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Believe it or not, I have seen people make a post asking any of their friends for a ride somewhere or asking to borrow some money. lol
Oh wow, that's bad. lol The worst I've had so far is someone posting asking for help moving. They are in NY and I am Florida.

Sorry, I'd love to help but I am stuck at the office.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:29 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I once saw a FB post where the poster was asking if someone would bail him out of jail. No joke.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Only post I see are "I LOVE MY LIFE"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships