Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 05:46 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times

Advertisements

Facebook is for older people, teenagers and college students had it, the oldies took it over. I do laugh at parents who have instagram and post along with their kids, like they are 15 all over again trying to fit in.

FB is for people you know, Twitter is for people you wished you knew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 07:28 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,272,279 times
I don't have either, either.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:20 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
Twitter is more suitable for people with some fame or popularity.

Facebook is much better, at least for ordinary people.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:21 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Both are awful. I can't wait for both to go away. Tired of all the self-promotion and narcissistic behavior each brings out.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:54 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,331,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Both are awful. I can't wait for both to go away. Tired of all the self-promotion and narcissistic behavior each brings out.
That has more to do with the people you're friends with than the tool you use to communicate with each other.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:48 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Twitter has never appealed to me like Facebook has over the past 5 years due to the limited info you can put in a tweet along with the unattractive layout of the site. Plus since it is more suited for a cell phone and not a computer combined with the inability to chat with family and friends makes Facebook the more appealing social site.

Do you agree?
Twitter is of no use to me whatsoever. I don't even see them as comparable.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:59 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,227,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I get along fine without either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
True. But one can easily keep up with friends and family without ever being bothered by breaking news. Which is my choice. I choose to follow news sources on other sites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I can't stand either, honestly...
I don't have a Fakebook & I can't, for the life of me.......
figure out why the Hell anyone would think they're important enough
for me to pay attention to their stupid "tweets"......
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

^^^^Ditto
I don't use it either and prefer to talk to people - yes on the phone. If I want to follow the news,
I will watch it on tv or read a newspaper. And since I dropped FB a long time ago, I wish some
of these businesses would also have their own website instead of just having FB. I enjoy and
want my privacy without Mark Z and it's advertisers have any information about me.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:26 PM

723 posts, read 868,921 times
I have no interest in either. One is 'Let's put the most impressive summary of my life online for the approval/benefit of friends/acquaintances/employers/relatives who want to scrutinize my life and a company that doesn't give a flying **** about its customers'.

The other is 'I need to have my inane babble / half-arsed philosophical musings heard, so let's assume there's someone out there that wants to hear it and let's cram it into 140 characters while we're at it'.

Both of these 'social media' are rooted in narcissism and I want no part in either.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:40 PM

168 posts, read 199,001 times
No, I prefer twitter.
Facebook is for moms and baby pics now and lame people from high school you didn't want to think about again.
Twitter is a hot mess but all the magazines post links to their articles on it, it's a good way to see stuff you may have missed otherwise.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:43 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Facebook is for older people, teenagers and college students had it, the oldies took it over. I do laugh at parents who have instagram and post along with their kids, like they are 15 all over again trying to fit in.

FB is for people you know, Twitter is for people you wished you knew.
Hate twitter and don't see the point. The people I know who have one post stupid crap OR it pulls from Foursquare which is even worse. I don't care that you're at Starbucks 274 times this year, and don't need to know whenever you get your haircut or check in at the airport.

I have an instagram and it's not that I'm trying to "fit in" (what does that even mean?) but because it's like FB minus everything I don't care about. I have one of those too but it sits unused and empty.

Instagram is extremely efficient for sharing photos of interesting things with a few people that I know. That's all I want. I only got a FB originally to see photos so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships