Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you still be friends?
yes 8 4.37%
no 158 86.34%
depends on the circumstances 11 6.01%
With a set of boundaries lthat is respected 6 3.28%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 09:50 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times

Advertisements

Some time ago, I got heavily involved with a childhood friend of mine and her relationship that ended in me cheating with her ex-fiancee. Fast foward 4 years later, I still wish I could take it all back. I admitted my wrongdoings and deeply regret doing what I did.

She only talks to me briefly if we happen to run into each other. Rarely, she will answer my texts.
I don't talk on phone.

I mailed her a Valentine's Day card last week.... Not even a response.

She has blocked blocked me on FB. Although shes "friends" with members of my own family which stings and hurts.

The whole irony of this is he had also cheated on her with her sister. And her and the sister are still friends talking to each other

Last edited by HappyFarm34; 02-16-2015 at 10:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 09:57 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
However, one should always make these decisions with the correct facts. I am no longer friends with my former best friend, because she thinks her husband at the time, slept with me. Which never happened. Not even a little minor incident. I declined his passes at me each and every time he tried something. They divorced and she is now with my ex husband.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:00 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
No. I may be able to control myself and calmly kick them out of my life, but I would have some bad thoughts.

I was friends with 1 girl for over 5 years. But as we hung out more, one-on-one, I started seeing a bad side to her, so I dropped her and haven't spoken to her in a year. So you can be sure I wouldn't forgive a "friend" messing with my fiance.

Someone supposed to be my friend, an extension of my family, and they start fooling around with a man I was serious about. And a man who's supposed to love me doesn't love me enough not to mess around with other women. In that case, both showed a lack of respect, care and empathy for me in face of their own pleasure.

I would just thank my then ex friend that showed me I was with a cheater. But I would be done with them both.

Last edited by HappyRain; 02-16-2015 at 10:08 AM..

Old 02-16-2015, 10:04 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
You sent her a Valentine's Day card? Oh honey NO.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:04 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Some time ago, I got heavily involved with a childhood friend of mine and her relationship that ended in me cheating with her ex-fiancee. Fast foward 4 years later, I still wish I could take it all back. I admitted my wrongdoings and deeply regret doing what I did.

She only talks to me briefly if we happen to run into each other. Rarely, she will answer my texts.
I don't talk on phone.

I mailed her a Valentine's Day card last week.... Not even a response.

She has blocked blocked me on FB. Although shes "friends" with members of my own family which stings and hurts.

The whole irony of this is he had also cheated on her with her sister. And her and the sister are still friends talking to each other
Stings and hurts?! Are you for real? I guess what YOU did to HER didn't hurt at all?

There is no irony here, other than you trying to make yourself look better by pointing out HIS other mistakes. If you were really sorry about what you did, that wouldn't come up at all.

Why in the world would you send her a Valentine's Day Card when you screwed her over? I'd use that card as kindling in my fireplace, if I didn't rip it up the minute I saw it was from a howewrecking former friend. I'd feel the same way if it was my sister, but many people think "blood is thicker than water". I'm not one of them.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You sent her a Valentine's Day card? Oh honey NO.
whats wrong with that?

Old 02-16-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Stings and hurts?! Are you for real? I guess what YOU did to HER didn't hurt at all?

There is no irony here, other than you trying to make yourself look better by pointing out HIS other mistakes. If you were really sorry about what you did, that wouldn't come up at all.

Why in the world would you send her a Valentine's Day Card when you screwed her over? I'd use that card as kindling in my fireplace, if I didn't rip it up the minute I saw it was from a howewrecking former friend. I'd feel the same way if it was my sister, but many people think "blood is thicker than water". I'm not one of them.
I know I hurt her, Im not denying that.

She must be one of those people that think "blood is thicker than water". It just bugs me that her sister got involved with him as well and they seem to get along when I see them

Old 02-16-2015, 10:14 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
I know I hurt her, Im not denying that.

She must be one of those people that think "blood is thicker than water". It just bugs me that her sister got involved with him as well and they seem to get along when I see them
*shrugs* comes with the territory of being a homewrecker.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
whats wrong with that?
It's the day of couples and love and romance. You're the reason she doesn't have a Valentine.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's the day of couples and love and romance. You're the reason she doesn't have a Valentine.
She has another man now that she's currently married to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships