Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2015, 12:17 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk31088 View Post
1st rule of forums guys. When someone has a temper tantrum and says... I'M NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN, but took the time to mention she has no friends and this is basically the only people who will entertain her (I don't know why they don't think you're a barrel of sunshine) - they'll come back.

They always do
Leave me alone! I did not have a temper tantrum. The nasty comments hurt my feelings and I couldn't stop thinking about them. I had to correct her rudeness for my own sanity.

Be smug if you want, just don't talk to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 12:39 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I will address the part that was quoted to me. you didn't say the man was redoing your entire yard, only a small part. how much harm is he really doing? take the turn nozzle off your water handle so he can't use your water. he is probably a lonely bored man that needs something to do.
It's pretty weird and presumptuous to trespass on a neighbors property and start doing their gardening for them. He could have rung the doorbell, and offered to seed the yard where the lawn had been dug up, but no, he just went on ahead with what he thought should be done with the her yard. A normal person would have rung the doorbell and offered.

Furthermore, one thing people are overlooking with the "he's harmless" thing, is that this is taking place in Arizona, where water is scarce. If someone goes onto another's property and starts running up their water bill, they could cause the homeowner to be fined by the utility, or to be billed extra high rates for exceeding a threshold. The neighbor should know that. And yes, point about the lawn well taken. Still, it's totally inappropriate for a neighbor to come into someone's yard and start running up their utility bills. Bizarre.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:46 AM

3,959 posts, read 2,574,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk31088 View Post
1st rule of forums guys. When someone has a temper tantrum and says... I'M NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN, but took the time to mention she has no friends and this is basically the only people who will entertain her (I don't know why they don't think you're a barrel of sunshine) - they'll come back.

They always do
If I could give negative points, -2 for your post. Why spread such negative thoughts. Thankfully others have taken time to share positive notes. Thanks to those folks!

Old 06-06-2015, 05:07 AM

242 posts, read 244,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Good thing you are moving soon!

Your posts seem to have a common theme...
Inlaws: "they became so overbearing and judgemental and annoying that I can hardly stand them anymore. "
Neighborhood: "We HATE where we live. "
Friends: "But I can't help but wonder what it is I keep doing that I can't maintain friendships. It's really depressing. "
Businesses: "I'm so annoyed right now! I've had two horrible experiences with two local businesses over the past month or so and it just makes me wonder WHY are people so awful? "

You seem really unhappy about everything. Have you considered therapy?
I like your responses more and more every time I read them.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:37 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
It is interesting that many posters are jumping to the conclusion that the yard must be unsightly or not kept up. I'm leaning more toward the neighbor being bored and nit picky.
Posters aren't jumping to anything other than what the OP stated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Ugh! Our yard is a huge muddy mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Our current situation is not that bad. It's not pretty, but it could be worse. ... My husband picks out the tall weeds, so it is mostly short weeds with patches of grass and bald spots where dirt is exposed.
Her opinion may be that her huge muddy mess is "not that bad' but that doesn't mean her neighbors feel the same way

Old 06-06-2015, 09:52 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Here's what you do, guarantee it will stop your neighbor. You go over and offer to pay him for what he did...He will be put off by that, but he will think you will try to pay him if he does anything else, make it a point to tell him that you feel you have to pay him anytime he is over there...offering to pay is sort of an insult...at least to his age group...but, it will stop him totally.
Ya, now that I've been told that 5 times, including once in a rep point, I realize that, and said so upthread. Thanks.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:54 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
Without necessarily judging the original poster or such, I have to ask--why do people care so much about having to have a perfectly manicured lawn? Is that all people can think of to do in their spare time--labor and work so their yard could make the cover of Lawn & Garden magazine? What about--I don't know--enjoying the hiking that you can have in Arizona? Go to the lakes. (Yes, there are lakes in Arizona--imagine, having the joys of having a lake without having to tolerate rain every 3 minutes.) Take some photos of the beautiful Arizona landscape scenery, because it is what it is and it is pretty if you stop and 'soak it in" vs expecting it to look like the woods of Tennessee (and I have nothing against the woods of Tennessee). Why spend all of your life laboring and toiling and missing out on actual FUN just so your yard is perfect? I've never understood that, and I do understand not wanting it to look trashy either, but after awhile--please.

I get venting, I really do. I do it myself. I get that not everything is for everybody.

However, I can tell you, I lived in Arizona before, and I absolutely have never seen so many whiners in all of my life. Most of them were transplants, and yes, all they ever did was whine about how it was too hot and especially whine that it wasn't "green enough." You're in the desert, people, it's not supposed to be green. I actually heard people whine that it didn't rain enough. Again--it's not supposed to rain a lot. The wildlife and such there, they're not complaining or dying, they're MADE for that environment. You're not in Kentucky anymore. Stop moving to Arizona or some other desert state and expecting it to rain every 2 days and see pine trees everywhere. It's like moving to Alaska and griping over the lack of palm trees. Really?

Old 06-06-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Posters aren't jumping to anything other than what the OP stated

Her opinion may be that her huge muddy mess is "not that bad' but that doesn't mean her neighbors feel the same way
Did I misread, or did the neighbor start picking at her yard BEFORE it was dug up. That's how I read the OP. Other posters seem to think he started after.

I know that it is a "huge muddy mess" BECAUSE of the neighbor, though. He's the one who planted grass and watered without asking permission.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:23 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Did I misread, or did the neighbor start picking at her yard BEFORE it was dug up. That's how I read the OP. Other posters seem to think he started after.

I know that it is a "huge muddy mess" BECAUSE of the neighbor, though. He's the one who planted grass and watered without asking permission.
She left a dying patch of lawn, presumably an unattractive weedy patch of dirt that the neighbor decided to take care of by seeding and watering it. As he was already in the mindset of coming over to tidy her lawn before it was dug up it is not at all surprising that he thought to come over to fix the 'mess' left by the plumbing repair. It wouldn't have been a huge muddy mess if there hadn't been a big ol' patch of bare dirt to make mud with in he first place.
My reading comprehension is just fine.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
She left a dying patch of lawn, presumably an unattractive weedy patch of dirt that the neighbor decided to take care of by seeding and watering it. As he was already in the mindset of coming over to tidy her lawn before it was dug up it is not at all surprising that he thought to come over to fix the 'mess' left by the plumbing repair. It wouldn't have been a huge muddy mess if there hadn't been a big ol' patch of bare dirt to make mud with in he first place.
My reading comprehension is just fine.
I really don't know in what world it is acceptable to plant grass on property that isn't yours. It is just not ok.

Aside from that, your post makes no sense. You implied the neighbor worked on the op's yard because it was "a huge muddy mess." Not possible because it wasn't that way until he made it that way! You didn't say it he planted grass because it was full of dirt and weeds.

If I understood right, the neighbor was also watering and raking before the lawn was dug up, so that also wasn't because it was a dirty or muddy mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships