Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 09:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I really don't care lol. Her uninviting me would be much easier than having to go and pretend to be excited and happy to be there.

Anyways no I deserve so much more than what I have gotten. I don't have mental health issues or emotional issues I have single girl - life sucks issues... So unless you know how to handle those you aren't giving me anything.
Why would I give you anything? Learn to love yourself while being with yourself. Until you can make yourself happy you cannot make anyone else happy. Your happiness is your responsibility not some poor man who will more than likely never make you happy enough.
Are you by chance familiar with the Chatty Cathy doll?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 09:50 AM

741 posts, read 479,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You should try to get with some of the entitled virgins on this forum. They deserve you too.
I'll pass.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why would I give you anything? Learn to love yourself while being with yourself. Until you can make yourself happy you cannot make anyone else happy. Your happiness is your responsibility not some poor man who will more than likely never make you happy enough.
Are you by chance familiar with the Chatty Cathy doll?
I have no idea what that is?

Anyways ok I am in therapy, I am working on self esteem and all that stuff BUT realistically I just turned 25 like those are issues that should have been handled and addressed when I was like 15 so then I could be in a relationship and married by now. I just don't have the time that it would take to work on that. I mean... I do but I don't if that makes sense?? I guess 25 isn't 45 but realistically it isn't young either, it is like middle age kind of. 25 is basically 30 and at 30 your fertility goes down drastically, you have high risk of having a child with special needs. So I have no problem doing therapy and working on myself while also working to find a husband, but I have to do them together I can't take time away from finding a husband or I will be 30 and unmarried and that sounds like the most awful thing that could happen to me. Thinking about it makes my throat tighten up

Old 01-04-2016, 09:57 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,691,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Anyways no I deserve so much more than what I have gotten. I don't have mental health issues or emotional issues I have single girl - life sucks issues... So unless you know how to handle those you aren't giving me anything.
And this is why you are single and will probably struggle to keep any sort of friendship, let alone a relationship. It's all about you and how much more you deserve.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
And this is why you are single and will probably struggle to keep any sort of friendship, let alone a relationship. It's all about you and how much more you deserve.
I actually don't really have a hard time finding friends. I am funny and have a really good personality and I make friends easily, the close friends that I have I have known and had for years... like since 2nd and 3rd grade. I also have friends (like this girl) from my grad program. So yeah making friends isn't super super hard for me. Relationships are difficult, but realistically I have only ever really met guys online or in the bar (and that is rare). So it isn't as if I am choosing from top quality men.

If you knew me in person you would never ever assume I would be making a post like this. It's like I cover things up really well.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:04 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,007,908 times
30 and unmarried sounds awful? Jesus, you're still a kid.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:07 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,643,246 times
You need to get into a counseling group with those who have like issues. Your probably in some form of depression with the loss of a relationship much less during a holiday. Many have a time of it and are in relationships but for some reason the holiday brings about heavy hearts. Tell your friend you will be able to be there but will have to leave at a certain time due to meeting up with a new person for the first time then leave. If your having a good time then stay and tell her he texted and canceled.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
30 and unmarried sounds awful? Jesus, you're still a kid.
Umm how many people (WOMEN) do you know who are 30 and unmarried with no kids and actually happy?? I know like 2 and they seem happy, one is my aunt and she was never married and doesn't have kids. She is in her 50s and travels and has a nice house and car but... I mean who cares about that stuff? The other is my moms friend and she is in her late 30s and never married, she can't have kids which is tragic, she travels and has a great career but again... how can she be fully happy? I mean how boring of a life you know? Realistically I doubt they are actually happy because who could be happy living such a sad and lonely life? I would be devastated. I just am optimistic that things will get better for me because I am unrelenting about this but if I had to be like them I would die. It just seems so boring and sad and miserable and lonely.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:14 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
You are digging your own grave with that attitude.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are digging your own grave with that attitude.
So what am I supposed to do? I mean it is a cycle for me. I am unhappy because I am not in a relationship, when I was in a relationship I was so happy I had my happiness taken away when it ended. I am likely going to be unhappy until I get into a relationship. Every crappy date, or text that goes unresponded to makes me more and more bitter, more jealous and more needing a relationship. It is like painful. The idea of losing my relationship used to give me panic attacks so imagine how it was when it actually ended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships