Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 01:28 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
And thank you to you and to all of you that don't think I am being mean about this
Nobody sane thinks you are being mean about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 01:28 PM

1,038 posts, read 903,334 times
I get it.

so she says no.

old lady gets to suck it up.

All I am suggesting is, there is another way to go.

I live in a village that doesn't even Have garaging, all our cars are in the open and none the worse for it as they actually make them to hurtle down highways in storms and still be ok.

im only suggesting the pain it will cause a very old lady will outweigh OP's

Old 01-22-2016, 01:31 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
I get it.
so she says no.
No you are suggesting this stranger give away $70.00 per month to a woman she does not know who has other options or if you prefer *another way to go* if her own daughter would consider her Mother's needs.
You appear to be the only one who does not comprehend that this is not a *being kind* issue, never has been, never will be and there is no pain to the old lady, if anything it will be much more inconvenient for the old lady who will have to drag her medical things up stairs instead of using her own spot that her daughter uses that has the ramp in front of it.
And still you are attempting to guilt the OP simply because this woman is 95 years old, so what that does not give her the right pound on the OP's door for 30 minutes non stop, be demanding or rude.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Excuse me if you said so already, but is it possible that this neighbor is what prompted the former tenant to leave?

Old 01-22-2016, 01:45 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Oh NO I really meant a barn , I work and have done so professionally 36 years both with Thoroughbred racing horses and also show other peoples show horses of a few different breeds. Sometimes for that I take the bus or my husband takes me to the airport . I am here and in Canada doing that . My friend was really sick a long time and didn't want his family members to grab it . He worked HARD for it .

I am really grateful too because with some of the show folks ( I have shown a full 50 years from age 3 in leadline ) it's actually helped me when my agent introduce me or they meet me for the first time in that instead of a 25 year old Trans Am that would catch fire occasionally. The race people could care less. I know SOMEWHERE my friend is laughing .
I just wanted to state that because of your postings, I actually had a dream last night that I parked my car in a big red barn.

My first CD dream, thanks OP!

Old 01-22-2016, 01:48 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,819,005 times
This is one of the craziest threads I've read here in a while and it's not just the old lady making it so. OP I am firmly on your side for whatever that is worth.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:51 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,386 times
Quote:
Not dealing with a full deck - right - but I've worked in Fraud, with Courts and Lawyers and Police for all my career, also just represented myself in Federal court 2 days ago and obtained an Adjournment because the Stupid Judge hadn't read the freakin paperwork.
What on earth does this have to do with anything.

Quote:
Do you claim yourself as a Christian?

If so, what would Christ do?
WWJD? He would tell the old lady's daughter to either take the keys away if she isn't safe to drive or give your mother the close parking space like a DAUGHTER should be doing.

I'm also pretty sure Christ doesn't try to guilt trip people into doing things.

Quote:
As far as holding up in court - all sorts of strange things happen in court, up to and including a Judge decreeing that Possession is 9/10ths of the law (heard that old saying?) and awarding the 95 year old Occupancy Rights for the rest of her life at $2 a month to teach the Complainants a Lesson.
She never had possession. The office staff has said they let her Park there with the understanding that she would need to vacate it once the unit was rented.

And incase you want to come back and say she's still entitled to it under possession. Her daughter offered to move the car from the spot while telling the OP that this is her spot to use. Thus giving up and shred of an argument that it was her rightful possession.

Quote:
I just don't think people operate on Kindness anymore. Its all about Me Me Me.

The neighbor is 95. Who wants to take a 95 year old to court? only a douche bag.

If it was a piece of owned property fair enough. But its just a rental, and the lady is willing to pay for the garaging. How much longer can she need it? Seriously? Most people are dead by 85!

If the neighbor was 25 I would be right with yáll. But she's not, she's a very old lady who finds change Incredibly Upsetting. The chances she is very upset by this are about 100%.
Yea I give up

Old 01-22-2016, 01:55 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,386 times
Quote:
Sorry she is NOT willing to pay $100 for a garage for me . Nor am I . I don't need it . I PAY for an offsite storage facility already and I NEED THIS SPOT. If you have read the thread you would see I have some health issues of my own and if my car is ruined due to my "kindness" I doubt she will even know me when I am being put out on the street due to my not being able to get to work .

I'll give you the complexes address and YOU send her $100 , but I can tell you they have said LOUDLY they will not be renting her anything else here . OTHERS BESIDE ME have to have places and spaces . This is not her entire complex. No I will not be taking her to court unless it's for harassment charges ,, she needs to be in a safe HOME ! Her banging on my door for the entire 30 minutes that I was in the shower and could actually hear it non stop caused me to have a panic attack like I haven't had in years .
Make sure you document this, if it escalates and ends up with a harassment charge you could possibly sue for emotional distress.

I am so sorry you having to deal with such crazy people when you should be enjoying your new home.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:00 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
I get it.

so she says no.

I live in a village that doesn't even Have garaging, all our cars are in the open and none the worse for it as they actually make them to hurtle down highways in storms and still be ok.

im only suggesting the pain it will cause a very old lady will outweigh OP's
You're right. There is another way to go and it's for you to send the old lady $100/month so that she can rent a garage space. The OP has already said she'll arrange it. It will only be 6 months or so, per your prediction, so you should be able to handle it.

Any pain this arrangement causes you will be outweighed by the pain the old lady feels right now.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:02 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Make sure you document this, if it escalates and ends up with a harassment charge you could possibly sue for emotional distress.

I am so sorry you having to deal with such crazy people when you should be enjoying your new home.
The management company is aware of the parking issue but i'd be going straight there with the letter she wrote and her hammering on your door. You haven't lived there a week and have already been caused a lot of unnecessary grief because of this woman. I wouldn't wait another minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships