Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 09:47 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You would never be considered a suspect because forensics and other evidence would show your time line of events.
Eventually, perhaps. But not all the evidence is in on the day of.

I think many people who responded to this thread did so based on TV cop dramas. Not that there's anything wrong with that; we're currently watching "Bosch" on Amazon and enjoying it.

Years ago at my place of work I called the police to report that an expensive desktop computer had been stolen. I thought it was an inside job. You could still see the wheel tracks in the carpet from the cart the computer had been loaded onto. So while I was reporting this, the cop on the other end of the line asks, "Did you steal it?" I had to laugh. I think he'd been watching too many bad cop shows, where the suspect breaks down when asked point-blank if he'd committed the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 10:07 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,454,681 times
Nobody I know would think I'd done it. I'm too little. My husband is twice my size weight wise, and a foot taller than I am. They might WISH, but they'd never really believe it.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:13 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times
Great question!

I can be a cold, heartless witch and only those few who know how much I adore my husband would not believe I'd done it.

My family probably would come to court for moral support, but they would give me serious side eye lol.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:15 AM

8,080 posts, read 7,451,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Who would think you'd done it?
Plenty of people. I'm one the "quiet ones" and I'm a bit eccentric in certain areas.

BTW the spouse/significant other is always an initial suspect, at least from what I've seen on TV cop shows.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:32 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Let's say your BF/GF/spouse had a tiring Saturday morning and has lain down for a nap. You go to Costco to fetch your loved one more of the organic orange juice he or she loves, plus a few other things. When you return, you unload your purchases and walk quietly upstairs to check.

Only you find him or her in a pool of blood, lifeless. You call 911.

It's only later that in your dazed condition you realize you are a suspect. The police question you, making it clear they don't believe your story. You know there are some friends and family that will support you unconditionally, but you also know there are some who might not.

Who would think you'd done it?
Everyone would believe it.

I'm always telling my husband to never die mysteriously, or to disappear. All the cops have to do is look at my DVR and books on my shelves, and I'm headed to the electric chair. I love true crime, and watch and read everything out there on the subject.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:53 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Everyone would believe it.

I'm always telling my husband to never die mysteriously, or to disappear. All the cops have to do is look at my DVR and books on my shelves, and I'm headed to the electric chair. I love true crime, and watch and read everything out there on the subject.

Good point. Watching the ID channel could come back to haunt me.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:33 PM

10,095 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Anyone who knows me knows I could never abide leaving a mess on the floor, therefore, I'd have the perfect alibi.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:33 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,245,069 times
Everyone is surprised it hasn't happened already.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:59 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,643,263 times
Well if it was my first husband, some people would consider the possibility that I was guilty! But I would have hopefully have saved my store receipt to show I was actually out of the house at the time and there would really be no hard evidence to connect me to the crime.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:21 AM

422 posts, read 336,467 times
No one would believe it......and the one person in the world who might, knows I would have planned a smarter foolproof alibi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships