Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 06:43 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is he on the sex offender registry? If they decide to live together (or do they already?), will their address be on the registry?

IMO, "supporting" a friend doesn't mean cheering them on as they walk into a mine field. You warn them about the mine field. It's alarming that she's already adopted his minimizing verbiage, seemingly in an attempt to justify the relationship to herself, to make it "ok". I think this friendship may not last, or it may end up on the back burner for you. You don't really want to be a spectator to a train wreck-in-the-making, do you?
Well said. Excellent point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 07:04 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
At some point, you have to allow the people you care for make their own mistakes but be there in a supportive role when those decisions come back to bite them.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:23 PM

277 posts, read 328,134 times
Exactly who's child was left alone with this monster?

Does that child's parents know this happened?

Have you ever looked into the recidivism rate for such people? You should.

These people do not change.

Your friend would rather be with a pedophile than be single. Let that sink in -

Old 10-11-2016, 09:26 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,479,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMarman View Post
This is a real child molester right?

He's not just some guy who needed to urinate outside and found a pretty private area to do so... but the law doesn't coincide with his opinion right?
Curious... is it possible to figure this out? A common case is a teenager sends a boob or dick pic, and are now considered as severe as "actual child molesters" in the eyes of the law.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:30 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,204,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
She provided cover for him to gain access to a child? There is nothing else you can say to her; she has shown where her loyalties lie. I'd find out how to get in touch with his parole officer and let him/her know what's up. This guy has not retired from his career as a molester. He has acquired an accomplice.
This^^^^^

Ugh. I am glad they are investigating, but I would distance myself from a woman so desperate for a man that she will help a child molester molest. That makes her just as disgusting as he is.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:21 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,350 times
OP-check your state sex offender registry. It should have his name etc....all the important legal details of his crime and subsequent registration. I just checked the state registry of an offender in my family. His states- "Lifetime".

FWIW; I have NO contact with him. I just know to keep informed of his status and whereabouts.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:47 AM

7 posts, read 6,349 times
Drop the friend. Report her pedophile boyfriend's current activities to the police because he's definitely still a risk to the general population.

Last edited by JollieRoper; 10-12-2016 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 10-12-2016, 08:13 AM

88,614 posts, read 84,857,016 times
I've got a similar situation. A good friend of mine married late in life, about three or four years ago. They met at work. Husband was married before, has two grown children in their 20s.

We (a third friend) and I didn't hear from her for a while, which was odd, because she is the type who remembers birthdays and will at least call or text you, if not send a card. We wondered if she was OK.

Turned out she was in living hell. The daughter of the man she married accused her husband of molesting her when she was 14. She had been seeing a therapist, and as part of her healing, he encouraged her to bring up charges. Our friend's husband was arrested and went to trial.

My friend sat through her stepdaughter's testimony, and we can tell she believes the girl. Her framework is that "I can see her point of view, but that is not the man I know now."

Anyway, the prosecutor offered a deal. Plead guilty and go to prison for ten years, or take the risk of being found guilty by a jury and going to prison for 30. He plead guilty. He's in the state prison.

Our friend visits her husband every week, and since she passes by near where the other two of us live, she has asked if she could meet with us on the way home sometimes. We will do that to support her.

It's not quite the same situation as the OP's, because this woman's husband is incarcerated, not walking around, but I feel she needs our support. She works as a school nurse, and her coworkers have not been kind to her since they learned of her husband's legal situation.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:41 AM

258 posts, read 234,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ground_pounder View Post
there's no way in hell that i would let my kids be friends with chester the molester. and what would you do if he pulled some stunt with your daughter i bet that would change your mind real fast. and don't say it won't happen it just may given time!!! not to be rude but i think that your daughter has poor taste in judgement on her friends i think that she can do alot better!!! and how do you know that he wasn't trying to manipulate her brain into being his friend so that he could get close to her. reformed molesters still get those urges if you know what i mean!!!
I have no idea what you are even saying here. My daughter isn't even involved in this and has never even met the family I'm talking about. Apparently you misread.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:45 AM

258 posts, read 234,584 times
Ok. I looked him up under the state judicial courts. I found out he is a level 2 offender. He was sentenced to 48 months prison and 25 years supervised probation. I did not find out exactly what he had done though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships