Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 09:04 PM

153 posts, read 114,860 times

Advertisements

It truly is sad this whole "men good, women bad" thing coming from so many women. Women may have their issues but men do things like kill people, rape people, beat people up, start wars, etc. etc. and I know not all men do these things

Just look at how much chaos our world is in. For all the talk about how bad women are if women ruled the world we wouldn't have wars or dictators, tyrants, those that rule with an iron fist, all the wealth inequality etc. etc. It would be a far more fair and just and peaceful world. We wouldn't go around invading each others countries and all of that.

Last edited by Staphangel; 02-22-2017 at 09:22 PM..

Old 02-22-2017, 09:29 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,706,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
It truly is sad this whole "men good, women bad" thing coming from so many women. Women may have their issues but men do things like kill people, rape people, beat people up, start wars, etc. etc. and I know not all men do these things
There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. You start out by saying you don't like stereotyping, then you proceed to do just that, by claiming it's all men who rape, kill, fight wars, etc. There are actually a LOT of women who do these same evil things. Every day I read in the newspaper about a woman who murdered her children or a woman who is a terrorist or a female teacher who sexually abuses her young students. It's not only men who do evil things! It's equal opportunity.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:13 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,567,505 times
I hang out mostly with men. I've had not one, but two female friends in the past try to steal boyfriends. I simply don't trust them and keep them at an arm's length now. The truth is is that a lot of them are catty, competitive, and backstabbing. If they aren't putting you down behind your back they're jealous of you and figuring out how to knock you down a peg.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:32 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
A number of women just get tired of the cattiness, gossipy and backstabbing that can come from having "female friendships" Oh did I mention the constant comparisons, jealousy of what the other has, etc. Women can learn alot from male friendships.
The introvert types or the IN personality types (intuitive) tend to get more frustrated with normal people's tendency to gossip and backstab. That said, having "guy friends" will leave as many problems because all these men want to get in your pants, especially if you're a quiet introvert type or intuitive as they are relatively uncommon yet in high demand. Don't kid yourself. If they are hanging out with you, being nice to you, etc. they'd probably make a lot better husbands than the type of men women sometimes like to choose for husbands (the bad boys that get their juices flowing)

Old 02-23-2017, 04:40 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitytoCountryWife View Post
I can relate to this. I'm not close to my mother because she was an abusive parent and she's narcissistic.
I've also had some awful experiences with so called "friends." I still have friends who are women but I can count them on one hand. I have many female acquaintances but very few friends. I'm quite selective about the women in my life. I don't have time for snide remarks and lack of consideration for others. I've grown weary of bending over backwards to help so called friends only to have them turn their backs whenever I need them.

My experience has been that women can be very insincere. They smile in other women's faces and then talk about each other behind their backs. Jealousy leads women to resort to relational aggression. I've also noticed that women who have certain advantages in life are arrogant until certain events knock them down a peg. There are a lot of women who love to dish out brutal honesty but they can't take it.
if women have had bad experiences with other women, it is only logical, they stay away, I'm very sorry to hear of your childhood and your mother....I think b/c we've both had the very same back ground growing up...(my mother was also abusive and is narcissistic) I tend to sit back and observe women, before befriending them. In my younger years, I feared more about hurting the feelings of others, then speaking my mind or following that gut instinct and backing off completely.

Things that I will never forget, are the women who run around with married men, and the men that do such a thing to their families. And women who divorce, and get even by using the kids to hurt the men, playing tug of war with them and constantly taking them back to court for more and more money.

the one thing which happened to me when I was 16 was a best friend, she dumped my cousin who was like a brother to me, and started to go out with my boyfriend. And believe me, my boyfriend was just as irresponsible...but the hurt of finding out, wow...I was so trusting and niaeve. It happened again, later in life, with my husband. I had known the woman since 7th grade.

My sister worked for a woman, who was a tyrant in the corporate field...they rarely talked, and the woman destroy many lives, getting to where she was going. In the end, she climbed the ladder by stabbing her co-workers in the back, but after she reached the top, there were no more people she could use to blame, so, eventually she was left go.

I've also worked for women who were micro-organizers, and nothing you did for them was appreciated, and just to let you know, it wasn't, they would constantly change things, around, b/c they had to let you know, you were underneath them. There is one woman, who our company has rewarded for years, and 3 bosses later, she still treats people like animals and gets away with it. We've had 4 team members leave b/c of her, really good working women who were liked. But they couldn't deal with her vile comments about others and her nasty demeaner.

I had worked with men, for about 10 - 12 years, and I'd take a man boss over a woman boss. Although I had one woman boss who was a dynamo, great to work for. Another who has become a very close friend...her relatives always tell me, I'm part of their family, which makes me feel honored, b/c she is such an awesome woman. LOL

So meeting these people was a great lesson to learn, gaining insight on what to look for and what not to put up with. I had one woman who called her self my friend, drove me nuts. She had to know my where about's at all times. If she called me and I wasn't home from work yet, she would continually call and call...unbelievable. She was excessively smothering, and I just couldn't take it any longer, and calmly told her we had nothing in common and thought it was best if we just go our separate ways.

Meeting people also gives you the opportunity to learn that you don't need to rely on anyone but yourself....to be honest, caring, considerate, but cautious as well. As you grow older, you learn, no matter what, doesn't matter what you care less and less about being part of a group or what others think about you.

I have no patience for cruelness, people who bully and women who are unkind....walking away from toxic people is the best thing one can do for themselves.

Thank you for sharing.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I think that's the biggest reason why people won't defend someone who is being bullied; because they don't want to be the bully's next target.
yes, exactly....bully's tend to bait people, to argue, to even yell, but deep down, they are cowards, as they always pick on someone, that they know they can.

The woman I spoke of that everyone on our team was afraid of, well, there was this man on our team, with whom we went together for coffee. And one morning I asked him, "Why is everyone so afraid of this woman?" He thought for a moment and looked at me and said, "I don't know?" She literally screams at people. So, one time, she screamed at me, and I jumped right back in her face....you should have seen the look on her face, not only was she shocked but everyone around us was also shocked. She left me alone after that....but she was so bad, that man I spoke of, retired because of the bull the women on that team pulled. He said he couldn't take it any longer and he has stashed enough away for an early retirement.
I kid you not, we've had four other people leave the group....they are always gossiping, whispering, putting others down.... Bullys!

I'll tell you, when I see how people in these forums act, it's no wonder so many kids in school bully other kids, and some kids end up killing themselves b/c their afraid of being bullied. Children parrot their parents...

Yupper, best to just walk away...life is way to short, I don't get off on hurting others at all.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Staphangel It truly is sad this whole "men good, women bad" thing coming from so many women. Women may have their issues but men do things like kill people, rape people, beat people up, start wars, etc. etc. and I know not all men do these things
Take a real good look at the title of this thread....it isn't about men, is it..it's about how women feel about other women. No where in your title is the word, and men, is there? Of course there are contrary men, who also love to argue and cause trouble, who love to bully, who love to intimidate others....but I tell you true, I worked construction, and I'd chose working for a man any day over women, and I say that from experience. Oh, yes, you may get lucky and work for or with great women...but from my experience, I don't want to chance it and won't. And believe me, in the corporate field there are many other women who feel the same way. You can pick out the good women in a heartbeat. And those are the ones I gravitate towards.

No one here is saying that all women are horrible human beings....no one is saying that there are not men who are also horrible human beings....there are...

Quote:
Just look at how much chaos our world is in. For all the talk about how bad women are if women ruled the world we wouldn't have wars or dictators, tyrants, those that rule with an iron fist, all the wealth inequality etc. etc. It would be a far more fair and just and peaceful world. We wouldn't go around invading each others countries and all of that.
Maybe, maybe not....woman are strong, extremely strong....it depends on the woman...

you say, for all the talk on how bad women are....but you fail to see, the positive that people write about women, just in this thread....and in that, I have to conclude, that you are taking the negative being said, about women, personal, when in fact, no one knows you, or knows what your like to hang out with, to work with? Why would you gravitate towards the negative and refuse to see the positive that has been written.

There is good and bad in everything...some more then others...in my experience with women, I am very cautious....however, that doesn't mean I hate women or think that they're all bad, they are not....good common sense would tell you that. But I will say this until I die...I would never vote for a woman, unless I've seen that she is competent for the job. Way too many women are put in positions b/c they are women. And there have been women in politics that I think were and are extremely good at what they do...so....

Old 02-23-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
The introvert types or the IN personality types (intuitive) tend to get more frustrated with normal people's tendency to gossip and backstab. That said, having "guy friends" will leave as many problems because all these men want to get in your pants, especially if you're a quiet introvert type or intuitive as they are relatively uncommon yet in high demand. Don't kid yourself. If they are hanging out with you, being nice to you, etc. they'd probably make a lot better husbands than the type of men women sometimes like to choose for husbands (the bad boys that get their juices flowing)
I'm sorry, but I don't think it is normal to gossip or backstab others. I think it's learned behavior, plus TV has encouraged people to do so, with their sick soap operas, and the individual game shows that put people up against each other, plus, that stupid show the Batchelor, or Batchelorette, enabling grown men and women to fight each other over whose going to win the prize. Absolutely ridiculous shows....they certainly don't encourage team work, or getting along and solving problems together, they pit people up against each other and that is why a lot of our society deems it normal behavior.

I grew up with boys, and was the only girl in my neighborhood besides my 2 sisters....so, I played all the sports....and drove around with them, worked at a local bakery with them...and never ever once, did any of them try to get in my pants. I knew a boy since 7th grade until this very day, as (he passed away from cancer) who was one of my best friends....he never tried. However, he did warn me, not to tell anyone that I dated that he and I were friends, b/c they wouldn't believe that we never slept together.

The boys I grew up with, and the men that I worked with were very protective of me, like brothers...good people. Guess I was lucky...but I've seen really rough women come on the jobs, that they were completely the opposite of. Only because they were suggestive, vulgar and came onto the men, teased them. But I also saw men avoid these woman like the plague...

I'm not saying your wrong, just adding my 2 cents.....

Old 02-23-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Then you've stayed in safe spaces on the Internet, dear.

I'm not talking about men disagreeing and arguing. I'm talking about men tearing each other to shreds personally.

Try this site. Roosh Valizadeh

You'll have the pleasure of reading posts and comments from men who hate women, and hate each other. You'll need rabies shot before going there. It's an UGLY place for men.
I've been in this forum for a good number of years, and have to say, for the most part, men here are pretty nice...compared to some of the women....women here, if they don't like what you have to say....will gang up on you and swarm bating you to reply, get angry or respond with a personal attack....and they won't stop at one or two posts, they will continue. Most men here are decent....they will come in, write their thoughts on the subject, and then leave....

women, will LOL, tear you a new one, and then keep on kicking you....lol it's really not funny...rather sad, but hey, that's life....

Now if you enter the Political forum, regardless, it gets heated no matter what sex you are, you enter at your own risk...lol

Old 02-23-2017, 05:19 AM

208 posts, read 257,762 times
"Not to get political, but we live in an age where women more than ever should be helping and supporting each other, we should always support other women and come together in sisterhood."

Supporting each other? That only works if it works both ways. The friction between women today is largely due to the fact that there are 2 kinds of women out there and the one kind isn't willing to support the other kind. I'm not going to support a woman who is playing both sides of the cards and is touting herself as a modern woman but then also trying to play the "take care of me" card.

The first kind of woman is the woman who is trying hard to better herself, which includes being a productive member of society, providing her share of the household expenses, raising good children, taking care of aging or disabled family members, helping out in the community, trying to learn new things. It means being doing the hard stuff in life: being responsible, kind, paying your dues on the job, getting up in the morning and putting one foot in front of the other, not expecting a man to save them or do everything for them.

The second type of woman is the woman who's out to play the sex card and the sexist card. You know what I'm talking about. The woman who is pimping herself out (showing the wares, playing the games) to get herself a man no matter what it takes, expecting a man to do everything for her, looking for a sugar daddy, playing the games and getting men to do this or that in return for you know what. I'm talking about the woman who isn't willing to do the hard work on the job and is skating by or is manipulating the boss, the woman who nasty to men, creating drama with other women.

The fact is that the first type of woman isn't going to support the 2nd type of woman and vice versa.

Women are very tribe/clique oriented. If another woman isn't cliquish or isn't good enough to be in the clique then she's no good. I had a job where I heard one woman insulting another woman behind her back about her eye makup. The woman was ostracized and eventually left the job. It was disgraceful. The woman was a very good, kind person, worked hard, I really liked her. All because of stupid eye shadow. I have no use for women and their stupid cliques.

i don't agree with the idea that a woman hanging out with men is the bad person because her man might cheat. If you are involved with a man and he's hanging out in the bar with women he works with, like construction site women or whatever, then the problem is HIM and YOU not the women who are hanging out there. They have a right to hang there with their coworkers. Why are YOU dating him or married to him if he's a potential cheater? Why are you willing to take the benefits of being with him if he's not a good man? Why can't you just stay single if your man is so untrustworthy or you are so insecure about him cheating?

Women who stay with cheaters are only perpetuating the wrongs between women and men and whole inequality thing. That is, women who are willing to stay with a man despite the fact he is a potential cheater, means that they don't respect themselves and they are literally giving the man all of their power. This is one reason why I didn't respect the woman who recently ran for election because she stayed with her cheater husband instead of having self respect, dumping him, and striking out on her own. But there is a big taboo to be WITHOUT A MAN in our society, so women engage in a lot of bad behaviors in order to get one and keep one. The competition to get a man causes a lot of the negativity and cattiness and gossip between women.

It's a cat fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships