Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 07:48 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'd also much rather work for a man than for a woman. Just sayin'... (this thread may backfire on you, haha)
well, if it does, it will only show how nasty women can get.....

I've seen women in other threads, gang up on someone they disagree with...I've had woman stalk me on line, b/c they disagree, never had a man do that...never had a man gang up on me.....or others in forums.....

I've seen how ugly woman can be, compared to men....I think I only worked for one man that I can honestly say, was as bad if not worse then a woman. He encouraged gossip, but that was one in my entire life.

I see women crying all the time at work b/c of their woman bosses....my sister worked for a woman, that literally ruined lives of those who worked under her. So....

Old 02-21-2017, 07:51 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, I'm sorry, but I've worked in many fields in my life, and have known, worked with and met people, and my experience is this, yes, there are awesome woman out there in those fields who are great people and good workers, but the majority of women are not....

you can roll your eyes, but there are more women then men who play the gossip game....believe me, and I'm talking about my experience.

where I've worked, I've had woman crying saying, they would never ever work for another woman....and I'm not making up stories.

If you take offense to that, I'm sorry, I don't know you, however, some women are really awful.
The issue is not your personal experience but your claim that your experience is somehow representative of more, most, all...women (and I would say the same if someone said the same about men). Your experience is your experience only. It does not represent women as a group.

MY experience is that people whose experience with one sex is predominantly negative, need to ask themselves what their part in that has to do with themselves, their biases or their inability to choose friends wisely.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
maybe you could, but I can't.....

I'm talking from experience, and so are a lot of others.....
Why are you taking this so personal?
no one knows you....no one is talking about you....just b/c your a woman, and probably a very nice lady doesn't mean there aren't stinkers out there.....

Yes, you could say the same thing about some women...but I can't.
I've seen women rape a man financially b/c she wants to get even so she's back in court for more money ever two years.....

I've had woman do me wrong, try and cheat with my husband, who was supposidly a best friend....other women at work, talk about others....makes me sick....

I chose my women friends, they don't chose me.
How are you inferring that I am taking this personally? I haven't said one thing about my personal experience with women or men and I'm not asking about yours. My only point is that both sexes are capable of good and bad behavior annd good and bad friendships. Stereotyping isn't good for anyone and actually potentially hurts the person who dismisses an entire group of people as potential, friends or mentors based on their gender alone.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:59 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
I guess I think of myself more as an individual, responsible for myself, rather than as "a member of a group." I think of others the same way.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I guess I think of myself more as an individual, responsible for myself, rather than as "a member of a group." I think of others the same way.

Exactly!

Other women would like that same courtesy.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
That's sad. You really should push for her to have female friends, otherwise she will end up like so many other women and have difficulty relating to her own gender and like many here will be quite hostile and distrustful of other females.
I guess you would know. You're the most hostile person here.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
How are you inferring that I am taking this personally? I haven't said one thing about my personal experience with women or men and I'm not asking about yours. My only point is that both sexes are capable of good and bad behavior annd good and bad friendships. Stereotyping isn't good for anyone and actually potentially hurts the person who dismisses an entire group of people as potential, friends or mentors based on their gender alone.
yes, both sexes are capable of good an bad behavior....but I have said, I've had more bad experiences, with women then men, and I worked construction for a good 10 years....and found them to be safer then working around a lot of woman.

While I understand your point, for some of us, it doesnt' hold true....

I'm not dismissing an entire group...you are misunderstanding my words....I said, I have very good friends who are women, loyal friends, however, woman can be vile, hurtful, vindictive and mean....more so then men, while there are some men who can be like women, most are not in "my experience", not yours, this is strictly "my opinion" again, I saw four women leave a group b/c of the mean ness and gossip, and the one who is responsible for all of it, they reward.... and we see it done all the time....I repeat...I've seen women I work with cry, b/c of their women bosses....and how insecure their bosses are, and other woman are great people, good hard efficient workers, however.....

I prefer men over women.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel
That's sad. You really should push for her to have female friends, otherwise she will end up like so many other women and have difficulty relating to her own gender and like many here will be quite hostile and distrustful of other females.
Most all women, including myself, are not hostile or distrustful towards their own sex for no reason....
but for many.

It would be wise for you to understand, people don't think and act the way they do for one reason, but for many, and mine and I'm speaking only through my own experience...that woman have hurt me...been disloyal....and vindictive....even a cousin who I loved dearly....

believe me, this has been a huge topic during the course of my life with other woman, who feel the same way I do. while growing up, I was extremely trusting and naieve, and had my best friend do some horrible things, like go after my boyfriend, just because....that left a deep hurt...she was also dating a male cousin of mine, who she also hurt in the process.

Over and over again, I've watched how nasty woman can be when they divorce, and have children. They use the children to hurt their husbands, to rape them financially and then brag about it....no sir....I can't jump on that band wagon.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
maciesmom

MY experience is that people whose experience with one sex is predominantly negative, need to ask themselves what their part in that has to do with themselves, their biases or their inability to choose friends wisely.
Exactly!!!

But sometimes good people are treated wrongly....doesn't mean they asked for it, doesn't mean they deserved it....their biases are from experience which doesn't mean they're on the wrong path, just means, it took them longer they you to get there.....

and sometimes, that inability you speak of is trust...until it's broken....then it's time to move on.....

there was this awesome woman dating my son's father, she was an intelligent, good woman all the way around. I told her once, that I'd be honored to have her be my son's step mother and have her share his growth and life with him. Turned out, my son's father was fooled, by this lady's best friend who is an evil witch....and has ruined the lives of many. She found out, my son's father was worth some money and set her hooks into him, and the woman who he hurt, was incredible...but he was entissed by the fact of the attention from another woman, and let me tell you, Karma is alive and well.

Some people hide who they are very well...until they get what they want....I grew up with a girl, knew her and loved her since 7th grade....she came onto my husband.

Just because my path is different, doesn't mean I'm lost.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Exactly!!!

But sometimes good people are treated wrongly....doesn't mean they asked for it, doesn't mean they deserved it....their biases are from experience which doesn't mean they're on the wrong path, just means, it took them longer they you to get there.....

and sometimes, that inability you speak of is trust...until it's broken....then it's time to move on.....
Of course sometimes people are treated wrongly. And of course one who is treated wrongly should move on.

Have no idea what this has to do with the topic at hand. Men as well as women can be on both the giving and receiving end of tgat. If it is something that repeats itself regularly, it's time for some introspection though. That's true about many things, not just relationships and gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.