Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 10:45 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,371,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What a lot of drama over nothing.
Let us hope this is the worst problem the OP has to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 10:47 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,371,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
Seems like she told him a few times. Post #52 says a lot too. You can't let those "stalking tendencies" get any further.
There is this guy, every day except Sunday he comes to our house and drops off these letters. I think he is talking us too.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:45 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
Seems like she told him a few times. Post #52 says a lot too. You can't let those "stalking tendencies" get any further.
In the original post she said she told him. But then she came back in a later post and said I don’t think I really told him I think I said something like “you don’t have to bother“.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:18 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Okay, I went out there and yes, he did snow blow my driveway all the way to the back patio. I understand he's trying to be nice, but I am not a senior citizen and I do not need his help. He didn't do any snowblowing for any other neighbor.
Removing my snow without asking me is one “neighbor problem” I wouldn’t mind having.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:02 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,471,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Removing my snow without asking me is one “neighbor problem” I wouldn’t mind having.

No kidding. My neighbor hates me because of an accident that wasn't my fault, but I felt terrible about and tried every way i knew how to apologize. She literally turns around and walks the other way when she sees me.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:19 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
A few years ago my lawn mower crapped out in the middle of cutting the grass. One of my neighbors must have seen, and when I got home from work the next day my entire lawn was done. I still don't even know who did it so I couldn't even thank them, but I was so thankful.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:19 PM

2,373 posts, read 1,912,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rummage View Post
There is this guy, every day except Sunday he comes to our house and drops off these letters. I think he is talking us too.
We have someone similar. But ours doesn't have time to talk. Now if he started coming by off hours and with no letters and talked....one could start to wonder if he were stalking.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:39 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,162,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Okay, I went out there and yes, he did snow blow my driveway all the way to the back patio. I understand he's trying to be nice, but I am not a senior citizen and I do not need his help. He didn't do any snowblowing for any other neighbor.
Put up a NO TRESPASSING sign and drop in at the local PD and ask what you or they can do about "well-intentioned" trespassers.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:50 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Put up a NO TRESPASSING sign and drop in at the local PD and ask what you or they can do about "well-intentioned" trespassers.
She only just told him not to do it two days ago, why go to the police??? There’s no indication he’s not going to abide by her request. I can just see going to police to report your neighbor cleared snow for you. Ridiculous.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:40 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,896,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
He loves playing with his toy. Just tell him the truth; you need the exercise and you’re concerned your gravel will cause damage to his equipment or shoot pebbles into windows or your siding. And you’d hate to take him on the Judge Judy show if flying gravel damaged your property. Be nice; go over to his house with a bottle of wine and tell him all that —he’ll get the message.
I think that this is the most likely scenario He most likely enjoys using his snowblower and it's fun for him. Trust me, if he lived up here with the amount of snow we get it wouldn't be a novelty for him I agree with approaching him diplomatically and saying something like you are trying to get in shape and you LOOOVE to shovel.

I personally prefer to shovel the stuff myself because I DO like the exercise, love being out in the winter weather/snow, and also I never know when the neighbors are sleeping and don't want to disturb them with the noise of the snowblower--those things are loud as hell when they are close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships