Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 01:16 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,392,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Why would you even consider going? I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out with oliers
I am considering going because I am afraid I will regret not going.Also, i dont want to miss out but I am afraid it will be a boring 6 hours considering only 13 or so people are going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 09:10 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
I’m having second thoughts about going to mine, but I already told my former classmate that I’d go and I like to keep my word. Also, this is probably the last reunion where I’ll be decently attractive and not overweight.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
I think that's the best reason. I enjoyed my high school experience and had a range of friendships during my time there. Did a lot of fun things with a lot of fun people. I moved away so I didn't stay in touch but I happened to be in town when the ten year reunion was scheduled. I decided to go to the reunion just to catch up. The best experiences were unexpected -- a couple of girls who ran up and embraced me -- one girl who flew in just for the reunion and I didn't know she would be there. It was great catching up with another girl who I was friends with in the early grades and knew her family. She died a few years later so I was so happy I went. Another girl invited me to her home for dinner to meet her family. Conversations with some other classmates were limited and with a few it felt forced. So, it's a crap shoot. I had a much better time than I anticipated but once was enough. For the most part, my life is very different from most of my classmates.
Okay,thank you....I appreciate it.Im glad you had a good high school experience.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:41 PM

12,780 posts, read 14,996,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I started a facebook group for the class several years ago,Roselvr.I am thinking of not going because only one of my good friends is going that I know of.Also, it is 50 bucks which is kind of expensive for me.
OK, so you're leaning towards NOT going. Good, fine.

Again, as I said earlier in this thread, I didn't go to mine...there was no pondering about it for me. I didn't go, don't regret it, am glad I didn't, & couldn't care less about it.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:26 PM

781 posts, read 744,613 times
Didn’t care for my HS, so I didn’t go. I still keep in touch with 5-6 classmates and none of them were going to either 10 or 20 year, plus they were locals!! You can tell how much we disliked the place!

I was local for the ten year but didn’t go because I had no interest, was on a weekend out of town trip and it was $75. Out of a class of 400+, I don’t think they got TOO many people to go, plus they stupidly had it in a tourist destination 20 miles away. Parking was a hassle and it was PACKED with tourists.

For the 20th, I lived 1,000 miles away , so I definitely didn’t go. They got about 75 people to go, I suspect 20 were spouses/dates of my classmates. It was interesting to watch all the petty arguing on FB over the planning. Again, they overcharged, $75 a piece and that wasn’t originally going to include open bar. I’m not from an expensive city.

I noticed for the 20th that a super b*tchy girl was trying to throw an alternative reunion for the “popular” clique and had a private Facebook group for it. She only invited those worthy enough to see her (still) large behind and homely kids.

I saw the pics for the official 20th reunion online and I don’t think I missed much. Still looked pretty cliquey, maybe by the 50th they won’t be that way.

My best friend’s mom went to the 50th for our/her HS and enjoyed it though!

Old 05-05-2019, 02:06 PM

652 posts, read 682,750 times
I didn't go to my 10 year high school reunion and I don't plan to go to any anyway. I don't keep in touch with my classmates and they don't keep in touch with me. I kinda like to keep it that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Hi yall,
I have a bit of scenario I would like yalls input on.My 10 year reunion is coming up this summer.Im debating on whether or not I should go.I was part of a class of hundreds and I think only 12 people or so are signed up to come with quite a few more interested in goin.I wont like the food they are serving at the venue.Its also 50 bucks to come.Most of the people i dont know or dont remember but I still think I would prolly enjoy talking to them but I think it lasts 6 hours.Not very many of friends are going so thats not appealing so idk what I should do.My dad weighed in his opinion and he doesnt think I should miss it and Ive been looking forward to it since I graduated.What do yall think?

Old 05-06-2019, 04:38 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,640,168 times
Yeah I just don’t think I could justify going to a 20th reunion because I’d honestly only be going for them to see me, like I don’t give a crap about their lives or what they’re doing. If I did I would be FB friends with them lol. It would be some inner satisfaction and joy seeing the old “hot girls” who have gone way downhill and have several kids, just knowing I’m in the best shape of anyone from that entire class, and then bringing my (by that time) 27-year-old hot wife there. It makes me smirk to think of it, but that’s not a good reason to go to a reunion at all! Hahaha

Old 05-07-2019, 07:23 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Mine was this past weekend and I didn’t go. I did chicken out a little but in my defense, I also ended up having something much more important to do.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Sure. Go. The 10 year reunion is a great time to get laid. That person who wouldn't give you the time of day in high school will be sorry about what they missed. Get phone numbers. It will perk up your social life for months.
Well I would not go to the reunion with the intent to do as you suggest.It would be for other reasons.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
My recommendation is that you go. My second recommendation is that while there, try to avoid using the word, "yall".
saying y'all is very common in Texas where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships