Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:14 AM

973 posts, read 3,305,421 times

Advertisements

It looks like I'm going to have to post to my own thread now. DH and I are looking at buying a house and it is now in the "inspections" phase. We have visited the house several times over the last month and it appears our soon to be neighbor has a "dog issue."

Mind you, I love animals but, this little yapper just stands at the fence and yaps it's head off. How anyone else stands it, I don't know. I suspect it is lonely and bored so I will at least wait to see if they bring it inside during the evening hours before I start plotting revenge. LOL!!!

It's ironic because when I still had my dog Tyra, she was a quasi-barker and I didn't get too irritated because she only barked at people who got too close to our yard. I saw her as a good little watch dog but perhaps others weren't quite as forgiving.
Something for me to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,942,575 times
I'm about ready to set up some speakers outside our house and blare bagpipe music back at those wretches

No, no, no. That won't do at all.

BARNEY music is MUCH more annoying to creeps like this. Even though my kids don't listen to it anymore themselves, I still keep the CD handy in the car. I'll never forget the first time I used it as a weapon and those gang banger wannabees BEGGED me to turn it off... BEGGED - probably the first time they used the words "please" and "thank you"... which just happened to be the title of the song I was blaring with the windows down in that gas station.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:57 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times
Default after

our neighbors moved out after 16 years a new family moved in. a few years later my dad was walking our 14 year old yellow lab in the cul de sac circle as we did for 14 years and he started yelling "get that dog outta there you're s****ing* up the grass" and he threw a lit firecracker at my dad and dog.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmobizmo View Post
It looks like I'm going to have to post to my own thread now. DH and I are looking at buying a house and it is now in the "inspections" phase. We have visited the house several times over the last month and it appears our soon to be neighbor has a "dog issue."

Mind you, I love animals but, this little yapper just stands at the fence and yaps it's head off. How anyone else stands it, I don't know. I suspect it is lonely and bored so I will at least wait to see if they bring it inside during the evening hours before I start plotting revenge. LOL!!!

It's ironic because when I still had my dog Tyra, she was a quasi-barker and I didn't get too irritated because she only barked at people who got too close to our yard. I saw her as a good little watch dog but perhaps others weren't quite as forgiving.
Something for me to think about.
My dogs are are not consistent barkers as I am home with them a lot. I also have part time help. But man do they bark when anything comes through the Letter box or theres a knock on the door. They also bark when they are in the back yard and can hear the kids on the other side playing or some times when they get to chasing each other around the house. But that's in the day time so it doesn't bother anyone. I haven't had any other complaints except from the demons next door.

If your dog just barks at people that get too close to the yard that's fine. Don't let that put you off getting another dog.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:05 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,989 times
While in the Air Force, we lived in base housing. Our neighbors kids used
to clean up there dogs crap and instead of throwing it out in a trash
can, they would pick it up(with THEIR hands) and throw it over the fence
into our yard. Yes, we called the base housing office and yes it stopped.
They eventually divorced and moved. Takes all kinds.

Greenchili

Old 02-09-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
our neighbors moved out after 16 years a new family moved in. a few years later my dad was walking our 14 year old yellow lab in the cul de sac circle as we did for 14 years and he started yelling "get that dog outta there you're s****ing* up the grass" and he threw a lit firecracker at my dad and dog.
Anyone who even thinks of of throwing a lit firecracker at me or my dogs, would get one thrown right in their face as they were leaving for work...and I ain't joking when I say that.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:37 AM

80 posts, read 201,653 times
Oh my,

I have the yapping dogs on one side. I have just learned to ignore them as I really like my neighbor and I have dogs too (but not yappie ones).

And on the other side ...ummm let me think how to explain it.
"Sandford and Son"...yes I believe this is the best example.
Three storage sheds on their property and they cant manage to get anything in them. And its not because they are full. Stuffs everywhere, Oh and then they try to "pretty" it up. Last year they planted rose bushes everywhere (mind you I like roses, but this is just a mess). Then this year they got some solar light strings that they hung in this nasty looking tree out front.
Ok all well and good but for gods sake clean up the yard first!! I mean why would you bring attention to something like that. **sigh**

They have never spoken to me. Just dirty looks. I am not sure what I did.
I guess moving in made them angry...LOL

Oh and then the crack heads up/across the street. I dont even want to think about that place.

Wonderful city life!!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
While in the Air Force, we lived in base housing. Our neighbors kids used
to clean up there dogs crap and instead of throwing it out in a trash
can, they would pick it up(with THEIR hands) and throw it over the fence
into our yard. Yes, we called the base housing office and yes it stopped.
They eventually divorced and moved. Takes all kinds.

Greenchili
Huh? I'm lucky no barking dogs on my street or behind. I know people have them, but they are responsible, in fact my dog trainer has also consulted some folks around here, I guess they care.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:19 PM

26 posts, read 55,495 times
My neighbor is a Hunter while my family supports animal rights and we are 100% against Hunting / Killing animals for sport. This jacka$$ goes out one day and kills two beautiful deer. He brings them home and has them hanging off one of his trees to drain their blood in his backyard which faces my house (which is against health regulations) about 4 feet away from my fence, knowing how we feel about that. We asked him nice to please take the deers down, he refused and we get into this big verbal agrument. We then called the health department in my town and that caused him a nice fine. Since then it's been a war between us.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:16 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
That is terrible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships