Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:55 AM

769 posts, read 2,233,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmingtonangel View Post
I went to the county fair this evening with some friends and our children. Some people are so rude! A group of 5 ppl walked up to the front of the line and cut in! When we said something to them, they cut anyway! We tried to say something to the other ppl in line near us, and they acted like they didn't notice.

We were near the front, but one of us had to wait until the next ride cycle!

Some people don't have any class!!!!!!

*I know this is a very petty vent....but it was still frustrating!*
Was this in Wilmington, NC? If so, where's all the southern hospitality everyone is always raving about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 02:33 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,120,219 times
You want rude? My sister (who only has one leg) fell trying open the door to let the cat in. As she laid there, calling for help, the cat looked at her and then proceeded to walk over her to get into the house.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
Send that cat straight to the pound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You want rude? My sister (who only has one leg) fell trying open the door to let the cat in. As she laid there, calling for help, the cat looked at her and then proceeded to walk over her to get into the house.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:43 AM

113 posts, read 309,853 times
some people are so rude. I was raised different them that. The ones that cut in line are losers and best forgot about.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:46 AM

113 posts, read 309,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Send that cat straight to the pound!
. a cat is not like a dog. get rid of the cat and get a dog. one that can help her.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:08 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
I went to the county fair this evening with some friends and our children. Some people are so rude! A group of 5 ppl walked up to the front of the line and cut in! When we said something to them, they cut anyway! We tried to say something to the other ppl in line near us, and they acted like they didn't notice.

We were near the front, but one of us had to wait until the next ride cycle!

Some people don't have any class!!!!!!

*I know this is a very petty vent....but it was still frustrating!*
These days you have no idea what people are capable of. You read stories all the time about someone who makes a comment and the other person pulls out a gun or knife and kills them. It seems like people are reluctant to confront anyone lest this kind of thng occur. Everyone seems to be picking their battles more carefully now days and making sure that it is important enough to risk life and limb for. Problem is, the low-class people know this and take advantage by pushing the envelope.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-28-2008, 12:01 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
I was standing in line at the hotel we were staying at for our Disneyland trip and some guy and his son walked around me to stand in front of me. I told him "Excuse me but I was actually in line here." I got in front of him. He just looked at me like I had two heads. In my mind I'm thinking "Oh hell no! Don't make me hafta bust a cap in yo ass!"

Old 12-28-2008, 12:02 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Was this cat related to our good friend Mr. Cat???

Old 12-28-2008, 12:34 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,838,232 times
Quote:
A group of 5 ppl walked up to the front of the line and cut in!
If we had the right to bear arms at all times, we could take care of this kind of thing.

Like the guy in the news today who shot the guy for talking in the movie theatre.

I can't count the times I have wanted to do that.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:39 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Artsyguy - I must live a sheltered life LOL to think this is what I call "rude". Actually I grew up in Ohio, where you can get in a fight b/c someone doesn't like the way you look at them. Trust me I've had my fill of "rude".

But I did say it was "petty"...I was only speaking out of frustration. In retrospect there are certainly more important things to post about. I don't know why I got so mad about something like that.
I think the reason why it gets to people so much, even though it is "petty" and there are much worse things people do, is because that it's so in-your-face. They are blatantly communicating to you that they think you're not important and they don't care if they're wronging you. When you're of a different mindset than they are, it can first shock and then anger you with its offensiveness. It's also "proactive rudeness," rather than accidentally wronging you somehow and then not apologizing or something.

Glad you can keep it in perspective, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships