Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 07:00 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressed out View Post
I dont know what to do with my Mother and brother, I have a rent house I let my Mom move into 8 years ago, i dont collect rent from her only the taxes witch are about $68.00 a month. She moved in my 48 year old brother who has not worked in 10 years and has a drinking problem, She get $598.00 a month from her SSI and thats what they live off of( also while hitting me up for money too) she buys his cigeretts and know i learned that he is drinking mouth wash and she feeding it to him, is this a classic case of munchausen disease. Know i feel like an enabler too, totaly stressed, I told my mom she has a place to live but not him , she refuses to leave him.WTF I feel like i'm takin crazy pills, my brother is forcing me to evict my Mother.What do I do?
Maybe you would get more responses on your situation, if you started your own thread about this, but my first instinct is that if he is "drinking mouthwash" then he needs some serious help!
Maybe you could sit your Mom down, and explain to her how dangerous it is for her to be feeding him mouthwash.. and how desperatly he needs help. Thats just crazy! If that fails, then you sit down with your brother, one on one, and talk to him! Maybe that would be even better. Wow! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 07:00 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. You cripple your children when you make their lives easy.
Hmm. Yes in a way. You need to hit your children to make them realise their mistakes. That way, they know not to screw up again and to fear authority. But that can only happen in their youth. If you start hitting when they are teens. Well, it work out anymore.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:01 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when mama and papa are gone the people left will not take care of each other, no they will not.
Its the American way of doing things. Families fall apart when the parents die off, normally. I don't see too many people with good sibling relationships so that leads to the end after the parents are dead.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:18 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I don't know what to do either... I know someone exactly like you describe... I told him to come over and live with me and I will find him a job personally... he refuses, he prefers to live with grandmom even though he doesn't have a job and says he rather live in a bigger city... WTF... I cleaned my hands of him and let him live his life, don't expect help from me... I offered, he refused... go get someone else to help you when you decide you want it... sometimes you just can't help people.... I felt sad for him cause he reminded me of me back then when I had no direction, I could have easily become what he is today... fate had a different road for me, I don't know why things happen like they did, but I am lucky enough to become successful... I just wish I could of help other family on the way but they rather I just give them money then improve their lives...

Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times
Why would you care what your 43 year old brother does or doesn't do, as long as he's not harming another living thing?

You're also an adult, so life your own life. If he wants to be a lazy bum, that's on him. And nothing you say or do is going to change him, count on that.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:38 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,492 times
why do you care? Its between them

Old 03-27-2011, 09:49 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,756 times
I agree your siblings need to worry about themselves, I would never evict my mother because of how she enables my brother - my mother is my priority and her son (my brother) is hers.

Take care mom and whatever cost.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:32 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times
I know someone like this around the same age,who still living with his mother. I'm not even know if he's ever worked a day in his life. He's also a schizophrenic.

Just based on what you wrote, I'm apt to think the death may have affected him harder. He seems a little depressed, because it seems he was normal before this happened...but that's just my take.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 AM

543 posts, read 999,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Its the American way of doing things. Families fall apart when the parents die off, normally. I don't see too many people with good sibling relationships so that leads to the end after the parents are dead.
I care about my siblings like crazy; they're my little babies. I cannot imagine my life without them.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:37 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You guys are cracking me up here!!
They better be glad I already have a french fry! haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships