Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:59 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If they want to mourn, let them wear black, drive a black car or tie black ribbons to it. It's just not fair to the rest of us to have to have the details of the deaths in our faces. Just because little so-and-so died at the age of four, doesn't mean that the rest of us have to remember her.

And I don't think that a baby's or child's death is any more tragic than the death of an adult, even an old adult. I suppose next, women who have suffered miscarriages will want to post that information up on the windows of their cars...

And people who die in car accidents because they were talking or texting on their cellphone, driving too fast in their SUV's, or not wearing seatbelts get absolutely NO sympathy from me.

That post was even colder than the last one....It is so cold I feel frost coming off my computer screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I have a wreath that hangs in a shadow box in my home that was woven well over 100 years ago from the hair of dead family members....it was a way to honor them, keep them close, and the women weaving the hair were able to gather to remember the dead...
I had forgotten until reading this that my best friends grandmother had a framed "art work" that was woven from the hair of one of her dead relatives. It was very beautiful, but I remember thinking it kind of morbid. I was only about 9 or 10 at the time and have never seen anything like it again.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:08 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I have really nice hair. I think I might want one of my kids to make something out of my hair after I'm gone. Maybe a shirt or something.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I will say, there are some darn funny bumper stickers out there and I have a good chuckle reading them but after I had a small political sticker on my car and a wild woman in a minivan was screaming and using "international sign language" towards me, I took it off and will not have another one on the car...with the exception of parking decals, school decals ( 3x3 maybe) and inspection stickers.
Yeah, I got a chuckle and an "ewwwww" from this one:

"If it smells like salmon, keep on jammin'. If it smells like trout, get the hell out!"

Old 12-17-2009, 12:11 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah, I got a chuckle and an "ewwwww" from this one:

"If it smells like salmon, keep on jammin'. If it smells like trout, get the hell out!"
Twinkle, you should get one that reads:

"Wanna cap in your a**?" lol

If you get pulled over by the cops just say what.....a baseball cap...duh!

Old 12-17-2009, 12:13 PM

677 posts, read 1,538,830 times
<<<<<<<THUD>>>>>>>>

Any thoughts on people that get tattoos in memory of someone they loved and lost??

How about people who keep the ashes of their loved ones on the mantle??

Memory gardens??

Should we do away with Memeorial Day for those who don't want to reminded of those who have died in service to our nation??

Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
That post was even colder than the last one....It is so cold I feel frost coming off my computer screen.
Cold sure, but it's also a lack of class; an all too common ailment.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:21 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
My only concern about the person in driving in front of me is that they are alert and sober. I don't need to know they are are Christian, or have a child who is an honor student or that they lost a loved one.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:26 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
<<<<<<<THUD>>>>>>>>

Any thoughts on people that get tattoos in memory of someone they loved and lost??

How about people who keep the ashes of their loved ones on the mantle??

Memory gardens??

Should we do away with Memeorial Day for those who don't want to reminded of those who have died in service to our nation??

Those are just totally different . My peeve is with using your car as a billboard to say "my ____ died" and then people are saying people do that for personal rememberance not to let everybody on the road know about their personal loss?

Old 12-17-2009, 12:37 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
however a person morns they're loss, it's they're business...just because they do something that someone else might not agree with, doesn't make you right and them wrong, it's how you feel, and I really can't believe this is an issue...

I don't care either way...it surely doesn't offend me....

Gosh, what is this country coming to, that people actually try and tell others how to grieve human loss....

yanno, not everyone thinks and feels alike, which is our right...as an American Citizen....

I don't believe they're doing it for sympathy, and if they are so what? Maybe they're really really hurting...some people get through something like that...others never do....

we lost a classmate to a car accident...her mother was a wonderful person, she was like a kid herself and picked us all up for our sporting events...after her daughter died, she died to, and was never the same, she didn't even know some of us...she was like a walking zombie...
no one knows what they will do until they go thru it themselves, and everyone is different, everyone has they're own way of handling things....
and it is their right to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships